Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone Prop Override question

I'm working on a small mod to have an active Sim play the animation of taking a photo with their cell phone before taking the actual picture, using the same animation City Living tourists use.

I edited the photography_takephoto_cellphone interaction tuning to point to the citylife_walkbys_tourist_takephoto animation and the Sim now animates taking a picture first, as I wanted. But the phone is always the default color even if I set the Sim's phone to be different.

I added the following bit of code, found in the takephotowith_cellphone interaction, that appears to tell the game to use the phone color of actor X for the "take photo with" interaction:
<U n="overrides">
<L n="params">
<U>
<T n="name">cameraType</T>
<V n="value" t="string">
<T n="string">cellPhone</T>
</V>
</U>
</L>
<L n="props">
<U>
<T n="key">cellPhone</T>
<U n="value">
<T n="definition">145433<!--gadgetSmlPhoneCellGEN_01 (Cell Phone)--></T>
<T n="from_actor">x</T>
<L n="states_to_override">
<T>149289<!--Phone_Color_States--></T>
<T>149290<!--Phone_UseType_States--></T>
</L>
</U>
</U>
</L>
</U>

But it didn't change the color of my active Sim's phone during the animation, even after adding it to the takephoto interaction and the tourist_takephoto interaction.

I then looked at the tourist photo Animation State Machine file, which had an object definition resource key for the cellphone:
<Actor name="cellphone" type="Prop" virtual="false" object_def_resource_key="c0db5ae7:00000000:0000000000023819" />

The phone prop resource key for the tourist ASM is different to the resource key for the takephotowith ASM, or even the key for a general phone ASM like texting. Using either of these resource keys in the tourist ASM caused the prop to disappear completely.

Maybe changing the phone color for the tourist animation isn't possible, but I hope that it's just a mistake I've made or something I overlooked. Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2018
    Case might be important (haven't worked with animation much myself)? In the Actor definition line the name "cellphone" is all lowercase but in the XML snip for the prop the P is capitalized.

The instance ID does match for the resource key, 23819 (HEX) is equal to 145433 from the definition tag.