Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for mods to replace MCCC

munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
Hi there all!

So MCCC has always given me loads of trouble, by way of LastExceptions, even when ALL my CC and mods are up to date, which gets really, really annoying, so I'm looking to replace it with the few mods I need to keep my game playable to my liking.

I'm looking for:

A mod that allows Teen woohoo and pregnancy.
A mod that allows Same Sex try for baby.
Something that enables me to choose the number of babies and their sex.
Something that turns off loads of stupid autonomous behaviours (like drinking water and auto swearing)
No relationship decay, story progression and other little things it does that make your game better.

I'd like them up to date, (obvs), but if some of these don't exist, some help with stopping the lastexception notes all the time would be great too! I regularly use Sims4Studio to update my CC (especially when I download stuff from before major updates), I check my mods, and I replaced just about all of them after the C&D update, I trim it where I can to get rid of stuff I don't use and doesn't work, and still, last exceptions.

Thanks all!

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    The Site Mod the Sims has a lot of great Pregnancy mods and just great mods in general that will do what MCCC does. They have the UI Cheat Mod and many more. It's where I have found a ton of cool mods.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think there's a way to turn off the LastException alerts -- you might want to check in the thread for MCCC: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16405410#Comment_16405410
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I think I worked out the LastExceptions, I asked on the MCCC Twitch? and they worked out what mod was causing it, so no need to delete MCCC, thank goodness. Thank you both for your help though!

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    That is great news. Which mod was it out of curiosity?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    I think there's a way to turn off the LastException alerts -- you might want to check in the thread for MCCC: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16405410#Comment_16405410

No, definetly not. There is no possibility to switch of the LE alerts.

And seriously, it's not MCCC which causes the lastExceptions. MCCC has a error capture function, which informs you that your game has created a lastException. It's similar to your mobile phone: It shows you that you got a new mail, but the mail was certainly not created by your mobile.

If you remove MCCC, you're only killing the messenger, but the problem still exsits. Therefore it's better to react properly to those error messages. Weed out all your broken and outdated stuff, which will go on for ever causing trouble in your game, if you don't take action.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited March 2018
    drakharis wrote: »
    That is great news. Which mod was it out of curiosity?

It was the Archaeology Career by SnowLepoard! Apparently it has been built wrong, and something is missing from it, making it break. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

Bonxie wrote: »
    And seriously, it's not MCCC which causes the lastExceptions. MCCC has a error capture function, which informs you that your game has created a lastException. It's similar to your mobile phone: It shows you that you got a new mail, but the mail was certainly not created by your mobile.

If you remove MCCC, you're only killing the messenger, but the problem still exsits. Therefore it's better to react properly to those error messages. Weed out all your broken and outdated stuff, which will go on for ever causing trouble in your game, if you don't take action.

I'm aware MCCC doesn't create the LastExceptions, but getting them still gets super annoying. Either way, my issue is fixed now, a career was broken, their twitch detected it and I removed it, and the LastExceptions are gone, so back to having the full MCCC package within my mods.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited March 2018
    munroele wrote: »
    Hi there all!

So MCCC has always given me loads of trouble, by way of LastExceptions, even when ALL my CC and mods are up to date, which gets really, really annoying, so I'm looking to replace it with the few mods I need to keep my game playable to my liking.

I'm looking for:

A mod that allows Teen woohoo and pregnancy.
    A mod that allows Same Sex try for baby.
    Something that enables me to choose the number of babies and their sex.
    Something that turns off loads of stupid autonomous behaviours (like drinking water and auto swearing)
    No relationship decay, story progression and other little things it does that make your game better.

I'd like them up to date, (obvs), but if some of these don't exist, some help with stopping the lastexception notes all the time would be great too! I regularly use Sims4Studio to update my CC (especially when I download stuff from before major updates), I check my mods, and I replaced just about all of them after the C&D update, I trim it where I can to get rid of stuff I don't use and doesn't work, and still, last exceptions.

Thanks all!

You don't need a mod to allow same sex try for baby. It's built into the game. All you need to do is go into the gender options and set them to how you want.

It sounds like you got your basic problem fixed though, so that's great!
    You don't need a mod to allow same sex try for baby. It's built into the game. All you need to do is go into the gender options and set them to how you want.

I'm not a big fan of altering my sims gender to allow for pregnancy. I'd rather it just happen. But like I said earlier, I've managed to track down the cause of the LastExceptions, so I've fixed it regardless. :)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by altering the gender. All you have to do is specify whether they can get pregnant, make others pregnant, or neither. If you set a male sim to "can get pregnant," he can get pregnant; nothing else about him changes.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by altering the gender. All you have to do is specify whether they can get pregnant, make others pregnant, or neither. If you set a male sim to "can get pregnant," he can get pregnant; nothing else about him changes.

Yup, tis true, and you wouldn't even know they could reproduce either by looking at them! They're special males ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png