Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff packs you wish you wouldn't have bought?

Comments

• Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Bowling, vampires and fitness. I haven't bought the My first pets one and don't intend too, this is the first time I've not bought a pack blindly. I'm going to be much more discerning in the future.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't use the bowling pack at all and the movie pack but I do use most of the items that came with them, sometimes that is the only reason I buy a stuff pack if there is something I think I can use in my game. The bowling was a huge disappointment they don't even play that long and it did give them something to do even the whole family.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably Spooky Stuff. Even for Halloween, it's just not one that I use a lot if ever. I do like the pumpkin carving station but I'm just not a big Halloween person so my Sims usually miss out when the season rolls around. I could definitely uninstall that one and not miss it. All of the other SPs that I have I use a lot from the CAS and BB to the gameplay objects.

I own all of the SP except Vintage Glamor and MFP.

Spooky Stuff is definitely pretty difficult to make use of. I've found it really only works if you have a quirky Sim and want a campy theme to their home (or a room in it), or if you're throwing a costume/Halloween party, and goofy fits. I would say it's more useful with Forgotten Hollow from Vampires if you wanna maybe turn down the serious to a more silly level though. :)

There are some really nice Build items in that pack -- the worn-looking wood flooring and some of the wall coverings are nice for doing old mansions. And I frequently do Zombie Cakes for my toddler and children birthdays. If/when we get Seasons I might do a holiday shop, where I change out the merchandise depending on the season. It would actually be easy to do -- create a retail shell, fill it with the appropriate seasonal items then save it to the Gallery, then at the beginning of the season replace one venue with the next.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    None of them.I love them all.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Of the ones I’ve bought, maaaaybe Kitchen? I still like the stuff packs I got, and I want to get more in the future. I just love stuff packs...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I could have done without the Spooky stuff pack. I have only had one Spooky party. I don't think its a bad SP, it's just not something I can use often. But I got it in a bundle, so I don't regret it. There are definitely SP I use less than others. The main draw for me with any of the SP is usually CAST. So while I know that people hate the Luxury SP, and I think it's not big enough. I use it a lot. Probably only second to the Toddler SP with I use on every Toddler. I think If I use CC I would probably own less SPs
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I may have made a mistake when getting Bowling Stuff.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I don't buy the ones I'm not interested in.

I was disappointed in fitness stuff though, I was expecting way more, and only use the workout videos (when they actually get a whim for it).
  • EspisayerEspisayer Posts: 43 Member
    If anything, the Kid's stuff pack. Only because the monster under the bed is so... freaking... annoying. Despite the cool void critter stuff, sometimes I consider uninstalling it.
    Nintendo gamer with a love for creativity, the dark side, and a sometimes childish sense of humor :p
    My YT Channel
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    I like all of them except for luxury. I do not like the clothing style in that pack and I rarely use any of the items there is only one eye shadow I can't live without from it but the rest is ..meh..
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I haven't bought all of them but am most disappointed with the patio stuff pack. I bought it for the hot tub but my sims really don't seem to like it and it just doesn't seem to be as much fun as in previous sims games. I wish they would fix the never ending bowling though.
    I will say I only owned 2 stuff packs in sims 3 and they were gifts so I guess I am liking sims4 stuff packs more.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Luxury Party Stuff hands down! I bought it because it was the first one coming out and I deeply regret it. I don't use anything in that pack. CAS is extremely ugly and odd in general and I couldn't care less for the gameplay objects.
    For most stuff packs so far, I barely use their gameplay objects but I do use CAS and BB. With Luxury Party Stuff I use NOTHING.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Espisayer wrote: »
    If anything, the Kid's stuff pack. Only because the monster under the bed is so... freaking... annoying. Despite the cool void critter stuff, sometimes I consider uninstalling it.
    Monster under a bed came in a free path, so uninstalling the pack wouldn't help.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Fitness stuff, I thought modern clothes/furniture would be a nice addition to my game but the clothes are too garish and the furniture is too blocky. I crave simplicity and I'm always disappointed.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I love all the stuff packs that I've bought. I don't buy a pack until I know that there is something that I'll use in it
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited April 2018
    I almost got Bowling Night in a whim to have a couple of objects some time ago. Thanks I didn't, I'd be so regretful by now.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    luckily im a smart gal and i never bought any stuff pack for sims 4! lulz
    but i wish i hadnt bought the deluxe version of the base game, cuz i literally threw money into the trash can. the standard version is more than enough.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That point when one finally realizes they have spent years doing the same thing. What's that for me? Ahh playing and enjoying a game. Right.
    I'm a smart girl. I thought I'd regretted buying the toddler pack but on recent play throughs have decided it's pretty nice after all. Now I have to work on possibly enjoying the kids pack more throughly.
    egTcBMc.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bowling. It is not even social like it was in the other iterations. I would have said my first pet stuff but I didn't buy. That really has to be the worst stuff pack especially if you don't own cats and dogs.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    meh. i've bought them all, stuff/game/ex, some i use, some i haven't touched, i.e. my first pet stuff. this being said i don't regret getting any of the packs i've bought. sims has always been a money sink, but i've never done it differently, had all the packs for sims 1, sims 2, same applies to usage.
    to regret, especially stuff packs, that cost £7.99 here in the uk.. it's like buying a fancy salad, which is about £2 less, and finding out you don't like it, i mean.. i'm gonna throw it away/give it to somebody in the house who will eat it, but i'm not gonna regret spending that £5 for the rest of my days.
    at least.. with a stuff pack, one day you might end up using some of that content, it's not like it's going into a bin, it's always there.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    So far I love all the ones I have. I really made big use out of the Romantic Garden and built a HUGE lovely garden on a lot. My Sims love it there and since I made it "generic" right now, no one else goes there other than them. I love bowling because it's just something to have them do and I love the backyard stuff and can't wait for the perfect patio to go on sale so I can get the hot tub. I think the only one I bought that made me sad is the Spooky stuff. There could have been TONS more to put into that pack and I feel they just fell short. It was all pumpkins and ghosts...no skeletons, no witches, no bats, no black cats? Ugh...but I got it on sale so the sting didn't hurt too badly.
  • hrlyquin4hrlyquin4 Posts: 3 New Member
    I really thought I would like the bowling pack since I used to love bowling before. After I got it, it really was not fun to me and to make a bowling alley requires a ton of space. I did not realize the lane was that huge! The only good part is the decor on some of it.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I rarely buy Stuff Packs, since most of them look like a waste of money IMO. So I'm very skeptical of them. But I have bought a few. Of the ones I've purchased, I think Bowling Stuff is probably my least favorite. I like the objects and CAS, but bowling is way too slow and boring, and Sims can't even socialize while they're bowling! The only others I've bought are Kids Room Stuff (which I actually liked), Vintage Glamour (which isn't too bad), and Perfect Patio (I could never play the Sims without a hot tub!). Bowling Stuff is my least favorite of the ones I've purchased.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    I've purchased them all, the ones I regret the most are Laundry and First Pet. Pointless isn't even close to what they are.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I have all the stuff packs and I don't *regret* buying any of them because I made the conscious choice to do so. But the ones I like and use the least are toddler/kid stuff as I don't like playing with them as much as YA/adults. Laundry Day also got old after awhile and some of the furniture is not my style. I love all the rest, even My First Pet.
    1500x500.jpg