Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff packs you wish you wouldn't have bought?

For me it's vintage glamour stuff. To be fair though, I bought it when I wasn't really thinking clearly. (Long story.)
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I bought Bowling Stuff. I never use any of the stuff. My Sims don't even go bowling.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Luxury Party Stuff... I only bought it because it was the first stuff pack.. I just really hate how all the suits look super big and baggy to me :'D
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Toddler Stuff Pack..
    I only use the pillows from that pack and I never play with toddlers(too annoying and needy for me)
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    None. I buy the packs I am interested in and skip the ones that aren't. I guess out of all of them Luxury is the least interesting. I don't do parties so I only got it for the new food items. All the other packs I got were a lot more interesting.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I have all the SPs excluding the most recent first pets stuff. I got them all through bundles. Fitness was gifted to me while it was $7 and I got LD half off on Amazon. So I don't regret buying anything yet.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The one I regret is Fitness Stuff. The only thing I use occasionally is the workout videos. The rest of stuff is never used.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't regret having any of them. There are some that I wish were more useful or less niche, though. But they've definitely improved over time.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't really use the stuff in toddler or the kids stuff packs. I do use the hair and clothing though. I don't regret any purchase.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Poor Kids Room and Toddler packs, lol. I don't play those age groups in Sims, really... but I have built an outdoor puppet show stage park thing out of Kid's Room SP, as well as a store to buy that stuff in game. I don't remember if I built anything out of the Toddler SP yet, but I do want to make a room or something from it.

As long as I can build with the pack, I'm ok with having it, even if it doesn't suit my playstyle in live mode.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Probably Spooky Stuff. Even for Halloween, it's just not one that I use a lot if ever. I do like the pumpkin carving station but I'm just not a big Halloween person so my Sims usually miss out when the season rolls around. I could definitely uninstall that one and not miss it. All of the other SPs that I have I use a lot from the CAS and BB to the gameplay objects.

I own all of the SP except Vintage Glamor and MFP.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I don't regret any of the Stuff Packs that I've purchased, but like a few others have mentioned, I only get the ones that pique my interest. That being said, the ones that I use the least are Vintage Glamour and Fitness Stuff.
  • Options
    LahbosLahbos Posts: 11 New Member
    > @ItsJanier said:
    > Toddler Stuff Pack..
    > I only use the pillows from that pack and I never play with toddlers(too annoying and needy for me)

Same here! I prefer children and teens.
  • Options
    Probably Spooky Stuff. Even for Halloween, it's just not one that I use a lot if ever. I do like the pumpkin carving station but I'm just not a big Halloween person so my Sims usually miss out when the season rolls around. I could definitely uninstall that one and not miss it. All of the other SPs that I have I use a lot from the CAS and BB to the gameplay objects.

I own all of the SP except Vintage Glamor and MFP.

Spooky Stuff is definitely pretty difficult to make use of. I've found it really only works if you have a quirky Sim and want a campy theme to their home (or a room in it), or if you're throwing a costume/Halloween party, and goofy fits. I would say it's more useful with Forgotten Hollow from Vampires if you wanna maybe turn down the serious to a more silly level though. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No regrets - I really like and use all of them. Looking forward to many more.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I don't really regret any of them, but if I really had to choose, it would probably be spooky stuff. I can't remember the last time I used anything from that pack.

I really like vintage glamor, especially after peace-maker expanded that pack with his cc.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am less happy with the first luxury pack but then I got it almost at the same time as when I got Sims 4 and was still discovering how I enjoy to play the game. This is my first sims game so I had no idea that I would never be into playing luxury-stuff ingame. I guess it proved valuable to me in the way that I have stayed clear of vintage glamour. I guess I can chalk it up to a learning experience :) Bowling has seen pretty much zero use in my game, it just didn't suit me but I had hopes that it would.

The other packs are in use so it has been good for me. In general I am pretty good at staying away from the ones I do not want. I don't have toddlers, laundry, vintage glamour or the pets. Might buy the pets later but I just go jungle adventures today so one thing at the time.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I actually use Bowling, Toddler and Fitness, so I regret everything else except Spooky and First Pet (I don't own those). Fitness and bowling I use mostly for my groups/clubs.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2018
    I regularly use the main game-play objects from every pack so I don't regret purchasing any of them. One drawback in playing only one family is that there is so much of the clothing and hairs that I've never used so that's not as important to me as the game-play objects.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have no regrets buying any of the SPS because each one there is an use for it, the one I would regret and I am glad I do not own it and also the first SP I may not own unless it goes down to $3.99 or below and it is for various reasons I do not own it.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't have very many, (3?) but Cool Kitchen was a big disappointment. Other than the ice cream can which kids can't even use...gaw why not?, it's the least stuff pack I have ever seen. One set of cabinets or recolors was very lame. They spent waaaaay too much money and time on the toppings and sprinkles of the ice cream then you can't even offer it to another Sim etc. You have to hope they eat it if you put it in the park etc. Or an ice cream fake shop. Movie stuff turned out pretty good for fake theaters. I skipped hot tub pack because I said I would never pay for a base game object and I haven't. ETA: And hey Maxis, I won't pay for pool loungers one day, either, (base game object) unless they are in a big fat Seasons EP. ETA: Bowling without socialization and Sims not playing a real game was also too lame, though I liked building a fake bowling alley
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I'm pretty choosy with which stuff packs I buy, and so far I haven't regretted any. But I do have packs I'm actively avoiding, like Laundry Day or the outdoor packs. (I play almost exclusively in San Myshuno so I don't have a need for any of the backyard stuff.)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I could have lived without Bowling Stuff. I like the CAS but the build/buy isn't really my style and I think the actual bowling is boring to watch my sims do after a couple rounds.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bowling is my biggest regret. I am so annoyed they don't even talk to each other while bowling.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's not much that I wish I wouldn't have bought the stuff pack, as it is how much I bought it for. Most stuff packs aren't even worth $10 and getting to buy any of them on a sale is always a huge plus for me. As for the stuff packs I avoid buying, there's clear reasons why I don't buy it and once again, only buying on sale.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff because I hate laundry in the sims.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641