Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids playing with deleted imaginary friend!

I hate the imaginary friend doll from Generations because it seems all my kids wanna do is play with it. So, I end up object deleting it as the game won't let you sell it. For some reason, this hasn't worked. My sim still plays with his doll, as does his little sister and it comes up truly imaginary.

kduy40.jpg

I don't know how to delete or fix this issue, as the doll is somehow still stuck in their inventories though it doesn't show it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Uh-boy.

Rule # 1 - Never object-delete sims of any kind. That deletes their body, but their sim data remains in the game and can lead to things from funny looking situations to total game save corruption.

Corollary # 1.1 - An Imaginary Friend once they have ever been animated is two things -- a doll (object) and a sim with an occult state, and should therefore never be deleted as if they were a toy.

The safe way to delete IFs is to use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the sim (Edit: I mean the IF sim, not your child!), from City Hall/computer filtering to Service Sims if necessary, and object delete the doll.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Imaginary Friend

If you use NRaas MC, maybe you can still do the TA step now? Otherwise you would have to revert to a save from before you object deleted the doll and handle this another way.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Uh-boy.

Rule # 1 - Never object-delete sims of any kind. That deletes their body, but their sim data remains in the game and can lead to things from funny looking situations to total game save corruption.

Corollary # 1.1 - An Imaginary Friend once they have ever been animated is two things -- a doll (object) and a sim with an occult state, and should therefore never be deleted as if they were a toy.

The safe way to delete IFs is to use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the sim, from City Hall/computer filtering to Service Sims if necessary, and object delete the doll.

If you use NRaas MC, maybe you can still do the TA step now? Otherwise you would have to revert to a save from before you object deleted the doll and handle this another way.

Will totally annihilating my sim reset it, or kill it? The phrase doesn't exactly sound comforting, but I will do it if I have to. :neutral:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Will totally annihilating my sim reset it, or kill it? The phrase doesn't exactly sound comforting, but I will do it if I have to. :neutral:

It will remove it completely from the game. All its data. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Cororon wrote: »

Will it kill my sim though?
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Cororon wrote: »

Will it kill my sim though?

No, only the one you choose to use TA on. In your case the Imaginary Friend, if you can find it in the list. When you have used TA it can take a little while until it's done, so play for maybe 5 minutes and then save the game as "Save As" and give it a new name, just to be safe.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, wait a minute here. I'm not talking about TAing your child sim! I'm talking about TAing the Imaginary Friend sim.

The point that is difficult for some players to see is that IFs ARE sims in their own right, once they have been animated the first time. And TA doesn't kill anyone (that would leave a dead sim behind), it arranges it so it is as if they never existed in the first place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yeah, wait a minute here. I'm not talking about TAing your child sim! I'm talking about TAing the Imaginary Friend sim.

The point that is difficult for some players to see is that IFs ARE sims in their own right, once they have been animated the first time. And TA doesn't kill anyone (that would leave a dead sim behind), it arranges it so it is as if they never existed in the first place.

That's pretty handy. So I can find the imaginary friend in this list and get rid of it. Awesome.
  • Options
    So, as it turns out, I am unable to use TA on Nraas to delete the imaginary friend, as he doesn't show up. Annoying. Oh well, my kid sim doesn't really play with it much anymore and my toddler sim I just stop from doing so. Maybe there's a mod out there to stop imaginary friends and all the interactions out there?
  • Options
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    I usually just put the doll in the parent's inventory and never have a problem :D
  • Options
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    lol I hate the imaginary sims too, I tried taking the doll to france and leaving it, but it wouldn't let me set it down anyplace. so I usually do the same as @KhemKat19 and stick it in my adult sims inventory and ignore it forever.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Uh-boy.

The safe way to delete IFs is to use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the sim (Edit: I mean the IF sim, not your child!), from City Hall/computer filtering to Service Sims if necessary, and object delete the doll.

I have learnt something today! Never delete imaginary toys!
    4Wv5dIG.jpg