Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thought Bubbles..

So recently in my game all my sims in the household have had the same thought bubble - even the cats (pretty much constantly) the aeroplane.. does this mean they're wanting to go on holiday?!
I mean I can do that but sometimes when this bubble is up and my sim has a queue of stuff to do it cancels down and they wave like "hello we want this.." but I have never seen it before...

Thanks ^^
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't know what an airplane means but maybe they want a vacation? Like if you've got OR or JA.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Loanet that's what I was thinking, just wanted to see if anyone else may have had this happen - might give it a go and see if it happens again when they come back? - if so then I have no idea what it is

Thank you though! ^^

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    That happened to me the day before yesterday, but it was the kitchen sink that got up my Sims' noses. And yes, even the dog started in on it. Didn't happen yesterday though and I was playing the same household.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Could be your Sim was thinking about a past vacation. I do know that sometimes they'll get a thought bubble with a loved on inside, which means they are thinking of that Sim.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I notice that sometimes visiting Sims/pets will get the airplane bubble, shortly before they leave ... I like to think they have the notion that they want to jet off home.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It is a glitch they are looking into - the same thought bubble pops up on every sim for a while - the thought bubbles vary but many have had the pillow one.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936131/pillow-thought-bubbles#latest

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-and-overlapping-thought-bubbles/m-p/6695077#M59996
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    That happened to me the day before yesterday, but it was the kitchen sink that got up my Sims' noses. And yes, even the dog started in on it. Didn't happen yesterday though and I was playing the same household.

This sink thing reminds me of the vampire brother of an alien vet in Andrew Arcade's Not So Berry Challenge Let's Play. His sister hired him to work at the Clinic, and he'd spend half the day staring at the sink, and of course, would have thought bubbles of it, too. It was rather hilarious, actually. It seemed to go away over time. Vincent had eaten a flower, think it was a daisy, when he was a child, and it had a bit of an effect on him. Other strange aspects of his personality were always coming up--I loved it.
  • CamiskiesCamiskies Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay, every time my sim interacts with her cat, they both get these bubbles over their heads. It's two flies with one of those red slashed circles over them, and it's round like a speech bubble rather than the cloud shaped thought bubble. It's literally every time I interact with just my cat, and the worst part is that there's always a thought bubble right behind it so I don't even know what they're thinking or needing or wanting but the cat is being really needy and won't shut up. Lol I checked everything though, like I checked everywhere for something dirty, I checked my inventory, my plants, my hygiene was high, and he was clean. I don't see flies anywhere! Anyone know what might be going on?
    > @Camiskies said:
    > Okay, every time my sim interacts with her cat, they both get these bubbles over their heads. It's two flies with one of those red slashed circles over them, and it's round like a speech bubble rather than the cloud shaped thought bubble. It's literally every time I interact with just my cat, and the worst part is that there's always a thought bubble right behind it so I don't even know what they're thinking or needing or wanting but the cat is being really needy and won't shut up. Lol I checked everything though, like I checked everywhere for something dirty, I checked my inventory, my plants, my hygiene was high, and he was clean. I don't see flies anywhere! Anyone know what might be going on?

Actually, scratch the cat issue. It's my sim. Every thought bubble is covered by the fly bubble. It's really annoying, I never realized how useful the bubbles were to understanding sims until now.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Mine was the birthday cake yesterday. I had to double-check to make sure that I had aging off. Maybe they want it on.
    > @Monaveil said:
    > Mine was the birthday cake yesterday. I had to double-check to make sure that I had aging off. Maybe they want it on.

Mine's the heart boxers today. The Sims are becoming self-aware.
    Camiskies wrote: »
    > @Camiskies said:
    > Okay, every time my sim interacts with her cat, they both get these bubbles over their heads. It's two flies with one of those red slashed circles over them, and it's round like a speech bubble rather than the cloud shaped thought bubble. It's literally every time I interact with just my cat, and the worst part is that there's always a thought bubble right behind it so I don't even know what they're thinking or needing or wanting but the cat is being really needy and won't shut up. Lol I checked everything though, like I checked everywhere for something dirty, I checked my inventory, my plants, my hygiene was high, and he was clean. I don't see flies anywhere! Anyone know what might be going on?

Actually, scratch the cat issue. It's my sim. Every thought bubble is covered by the fly bubble. It's really annoying, I never realized how useful the bubbles were to understanding sims until now.

I have learnt this over playing as well, same with the pets - it's so telling, even though it's one image in a little bubble. I'm yet to work out what the aeroplane is/was (I have built a couple houses and remodelled one since I learnt new things but I will have a see tonight

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    It is a glitch they are looking into - the same thought bubble pops up on every sim for a while - the thought bubbles vary but many have had the pillow one.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936131/pillow-thought-bubbles#latest

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-and-overlapping-thought-bubbles/m-p/6695077#M59996

Now I get the whole pillow thing!!! I do't pay much attention to thought bubbles but I noticed this one because of its frequency.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I think we rely on the thought bubbles more than we realize to understand what our sims are thinking - especially pets since we cannot see their needs - but they only became really obvious when every sim started having the same one constantly for a while and they made no sense! Then I saw that the odd thought bubbles were overlapping the real thoughts and realized it must be a glitch.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I do not own Cats & Dogs or Jungle Adventures and I'm getting this glitch too, only it's either the green alien head sticking out it's tongue or the 'talk to the hand' image overlapping thought bubbles. I first noticed it about a month ago in my Apocalypse challenge save, but now it's happening in a brand new save I started just last night. It's not consistent though, it comes and goes, usually when I log out and go back into the game it's gone but eventually comes back.

I do not use CC, no mods, totally vanilla game. It's more annoying than anything else, not a game breaker for me, but I still hope it's fixed soon. :/
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Currently all of my sims wants to have bathtub so much. Hey that's not all, my pets wants to GO TO WORK, HAVE A JOB/CAREER!
    Career Pets! Now that's a good idea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Currently all of my sims wants to have bathtub so much. Hey that's not all, my pets wants to GO TO WORK, HAVE A JOB/CAREER!
    Career Pets! Now that's a good idea!

Pets could have careers in the sims pets on console, therapy pets and firefighters etc

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Mastermama39Mastermama39 Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay, I'm trying to decipher the hand thought bubble. I've been getting that a lot recently and only since I've made a new character from other Sims when he's around. Even he thinks of the hand and I have no idea what it means. OMG and it's constantly the whole time he's around others not by himself smh
  • ghostpostghostpost Posts: 42 Member
    > @Mastermama39 said:
    > Okay, I'm trying to decipher the hand thought bubble. I've been getting that a lot recently and only since I've made a new character from other Sims when he's around. Even he thinks of the hand and I have no idea what it means. OMG and it's constantly the whole time he's around others not by himself smh

Just a theory but it could be a "go away/talk to the hand" kind of thing, especially if your sim's a loner. I think it shows sims are leaving as well since it always pops up for me when sims leave conversations, but from a story perspective I like to think that they had the worst conversation ever and they're trying to leave asap. lmao