Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Marco Divorce Tiffany?

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
Marco got a midlife crisis and immediately wished to divorce Tiffany. Will he do so? On one hand, it would cause an interesting plot and get him a lot of lifetime happiness points. On the other hand, it would be hard for the family and I've already played through a midlife crisis divorce before. What do YOU think?

Should Marco Divorce Tiffany? 31 votes

Yes
38%
Emily4331jillbgGITTE2001laydaywayxxnearlyperfectxBreazonaKay8OrangedreamprisonerGoulsquashBishybripolrbearPastelMermaid 12 votes
No
61%
EvalenRflong7MikezumiemorrillblazerntqJoAnne65SimplyJenCravenLestatbekkasanilikethesims30annaliese39cocoZeeGeeking_of_simcity7jordandRedShoe7CharlottesmomAvataritLiaRose1435 19 votes

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    No
    I think part of the midlife crisis is having the thought about divorce, but it doesn't mean it should actually come true. I had this wish with one of my sims, it was even partially reasonable to split them but I knew I will regrat that so I decided to make them fight a little and do other crazy stuff (move out, do a haircut) but not divorce.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    I voted no mainly because I never do myself, unless I planned a devorce (or if it would fit the situation). But I don’t choose something like that for gameplay reasons, that part belongs too much to the story side of it all I guess.

That’s me though, my no isn’t meant as a “no you mustn’t do this” haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    Although I am all about fulfilling my sims' wishes, I know there are wishes that are really not what the sims want like those triggered by mid-life crises or teen mood-swings. I see wishes as "game hints" for those who are starting out or those who need guidance to decide what to do with their sims. If you think their relationship is going nowhere and they would be better off divorced, then I say go for it but if their relationship is good and you are only doing it for the lifetime points, I say get those points elsewhere. Sims roll wishes all the time and points are easy to get doing what you want to do.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    No

I voted no as I don't let the game dictate to me what I want in my story. They certainly seem happy enough together in the story you have been sharing on the thread. :)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    No
    No way!! Usually I’m all about the drama but those little kids... :'( (not that they’d remember it but it’s still a no..)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It appears to be almost a unanimous no! I'll give it a few more minutes.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    No
    Was going to be the awful terrible shallow simmer and ask who you had in mind on the side but am a faithful simmer o:) Chose no.

My Sim is always faithful after marriage but when single the entire town is my playground >:)
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    The results are in and no wins! I went back into the game and dismissed the wish.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't feel comfortable telling you how to play your game but in my games I often ignore all or most midlife crisis wishes. Their wishes queue is usually already filled with things I want them to do.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No
    Let them stayed married
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Yes
    Yes. Things like this - things you can't really control but bring some drama - are what makes the game so much fun. I rarely managed to play until a midlifecrisis in my game, and if they do they get boring wishes, so you could absolutely say I'm kinda jealous. Only if it isn't too difficult though, and you can always bring them together again.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    No
    He's only wishing... might not really, truly want to. :)
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    Oh my. :o I promise I'm not a bad person! o:)
    NymlADp.jpg
    The yes's are starting to become more prominent, but no is still winning.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Yes
    I would spiced things up
    4Wv5dIG.jpg