Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Staring at artwork

Is it me or every time a Sim does something they have to stare at artwork after? Even when they are out to dinner, they are getting up to stare at something one the wall. It is driving me crazy.

Comments

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I hate this. I barely decorate my sims homes any more because of this - they will even stare at a paper towel dispenser while cooking which makes it take a lot longer. I am constantly canceling these actions but it barely helps because once they start doing an action the cancel takes a while to kick in.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I much prefer when my Sim starts thinking of a loved one while doing such mundane tasks as cooking.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I hate this. I barely decorate my sims homes any more because of this - they will even stare at a paper towel dispenser while cooking which makes it take a lot longer. I am constantly canceling these actions but it barely helps because once they start doing an action the cancel takes a while to kick in.

I have been thinking about removing all decorations as well. This is really bad. I have been looking for a no autonomous view art mod..lol
    I much prefer when my Sim starts thinking of a loved one while doing such mundane tasks as cooking.

Ugh I cannot handle the think about family member thing either. I already have the mod to get rid of that :(

I wouldn't mind if it was every now and then but it is like all the time. My doctor Sims can't even get their work done because they are thinking about family members.
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    It's really annoying when they are cooking. Staring at those decorative pans and pots clutter, takes forever to finish anything. :s
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

It might just be my imagination, but I feel like this is even worse in an apartment. I love decorating my sims' homes, like, a LOT, but I had to take out the hanging pot rack thing in one of my sims' apartment because of this. He could be starving and he would still stop eating to stare at the pot rack. I had it hanging over the bar that separated the kitchen from the living room and he didn't have a dining table, so he ate there and the temptation hanging right over his head was too much, lol.

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I noticed this issue a little while ago and I even started a brand new save file and removed my CC to test it. I discovered very quickly it wasn’t caused by CC or a corrupt save file. I couldn’t find any other threads reporting it at the time, so I just learned to deal with it. :lol: It’s a very strange and annoying bug(?). My sims like to view artwork for all sorts of different reasons. Cooking? Yeah, sounds like a good time to stare at the spice rack for ten minutes while the children starve waiting for dinner! Just washed some dishes? Ooh, that painting in the other room is super pretty! Let’s walk all the way to the opposite side of the house to admire it! There’s really no rhyme or reason as to why they do it. There’s occasions where they do it and times when they don’t, and I still can’t figure out the cause. I’m definitely not going to delete all the paintings, clutter, and portraits in their house just to get them to stop. Hopefully it’s a little bug that can be fixed at some point because it can be infuriating when it pops up.
    @SimGuruNick can you please take a look into this?
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Another reason I hardly decorate
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I noticed this issue a little while ago and I even started a brand new save file and removed my CC to test it. I discovered very quickly it wasn’t caused by CC or a corrupt save file. I couldn’t find any other threads reporting it at the time, so I just learned to deal with it. :lol: It’s a very strange and annoying bug(?). My sims like to view artwork for all sorts of different reasons. Cooking? Yeah, sounds like a good time to stare at the spice rack for ten minutes while the children starve waiting for dinner! Just washed some dishes? Ooh, that painting in the other room is super pretty! Let’s walk all the way to the opposite side of the house to admire it! There’s really no rhyme or reason as to why they do it. There’s occasions where they do it and times when they don’t, and I still can’t figure out the cause. I’m definitely not going to delete all the paintings, clutter, and portraits in their house just to get them to stop. Hopefully it’s a little bug that can be fixed at some point because it can be infuriating when it pops up.

Yeah, definitely not related to CC or mods. I used to play with both but have been playing vanilla recently and have noticed it happening more now. Hopefully they'll look into tweaking this behavior. It's pretty annoying.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    ugh I think I saw a toddler stare at artwork the other day. A toddler? Really? This really needs to get changed. I am hoping a modder puts something out so I can get a temporary fix in the meantime.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    It's not related to cc items. I have seen Sims "view" the small picture of a pear if it's on their desk or a bookcase that's near the desk. There's a set of modern salt and pepper shakers that they will "view" if it's near the stove or dining table. The small statue of a pig wearing a chef's hat does this too.

This has been going on for a long time. It doesn't really slow them down much though - maybe five seconds tops. But, I guess, if you're in a hurry even five seconds could be annoying especially in large households. I don't use a lot of deco though.
    I like my restaurants to look nice but oh my I literally am going to have to empty them out. Tables and chairs is all I am going to put in. This is so ridiculous. First we had to worry about Sims getting up to talk to other Sims at another table, now we have to watch them get up to view art around the restaurant. It is a restaurant, not a museum.
  • NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    This!!
    After my sims come home for a jog they automatically go inside the view a painting in the foyer. At first, I thought it just my sim loving art in general cause she has a job as an art critic but her husband does it as well... i agree, it is annoying.

Also I have a half wall in the kitchen which has a view into the living room so my sim does always watch tv while she's cooking and if someone else is watching the tv already she views the pile of bills decor sitting on the coffee table near the tv
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn