Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I have the Book of Life...

but I cannot give it to the Sim I want to. Does the ghost Sim have to have the book in his inventory to restore himself? I cannot figure out how this works and I have read Carl's Sims 4 guide, but I am still confused. Thanks, Niki

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2018
    Here's how the book of life works:
    The book of life is used to capture living sim's life into a book so they can be summoned and the life can be restored.
    After the book is written, there's an interaction that allows sim to capture other sim's life into the book. When the sim whose life is captured there reads this book, all their needs will be filled to max. When sim dies, the book can be used to summon the ghost. After the ghost is befriended and added to the household, the ghost has an interaction to restore their life with the book. After that, the dead sim is alive again and the book is gone.
    Here are some tips I can give you:
    1. You can't capture dead sim's life into the book. If you want to resurrect them, make them an Ambrosia.
    2. The book doesn't have to be in the ghost's inventory. Put the book anywhere you want and ghost can restore their life if it is captured there. If their life wasn't captured there, then you need to do the Ambrosia method. Wishing well from Romantic Garden stuff pack can also bring dead sim back to life by having a ghost wish for life.

PS. If you have written the book after the sim you want to bring back to life has died, then you can't use this method to resurrect the ghost.
    edited March 2018
    I found this forum post. (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/937179/book-of-life-broken#latest)
    It turns out that right now the book of life is treated as a normal book due to a bug. So it is very possible it's a bug.
  • nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Thank you!
  • JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Here's how the book of life works:
    > The book of life is used to capture living sim's life into a book so they can be summoned and the life can be restored.
    > After the book is written, there's an interaction that allows sim to capture other sim's life into the book. When the sim whose life is captured there reads this book, all their needs will be filled to max. When sim dies, the book can be used to summon the ghost. After the ghost is befriended and added to the household, the ghost has an interaction to restore their life with the book. After that, the dead sim is alive again and the book is gone.
    > Here are some tips I can give you:
    > 1. You can't capture dead sim's life into the book. If you want to resurrect them, make them an Ambrosia.
    > 2. The book doesn't have to be in the ghost's inventory. Put the book anywhere you want and ghost can restore their life if it is captured there. If their life wasn't captured there, then you need to do the Ambrosia method. Wishing well from Romantic Garden stuff pack can also bring dead sim back to life by having a ghost wish for life.
    >
    > PS. If you have written the book after the sim you want to bring back to life has died, then you can't use this method to resurrect the ghost.

Cant the wishing well also make a Sim unkillable, but still can die of old age?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Here's how the book of life works:
    > The book of life is used to capture living sim's life into a book so they can be summoned and the life can be restored.
    > After the book is written, there's an interaction that allows sim to capture other sim's life into the book. When the sim whose life is captured there reads this book, all their needs will be filled to max. When sim dies, the book can be used to summon the ghost. After the ghost is befriended and added to the household, the ghost has an interaction to restore their life with the book. After that, the dead sim is alive again and the book is gone.
    > Here are some tips I can give you:
    > 1. You can't capture dead sim's life into the book. If you want to resurrect them, make them an Ambrosia.
    > 2. The book doesn't have to be in the ghost's inventory. Put the book anywhere you want and ghost can restore their life if it is captured there. If their life wasn't captured there, then you need to do the Ambrosia method. Wishing well from Romantic Garden stuff pack can also bring dead sim back to life by having a ghost wish for life.
    >
    > PS. If you have written the book after the sim you want to bring back to life has died, then you can't use this method to resurrect the ghost.

Cant the wishing well also make a Sim unkillable, but still can die of old age?

Yes, overwhelmingly positive outcome will bring sim back to life with the unnatural death protection. Doesn't this remind you the Unlucky trait from The Sims 3? Each time sim dies by unnatural causes, Grim Reaper will just bring them back to life.
    Positive outcome may either give your sim an ingredient to Anbrosia or the Ambrosia.
    Neutral outcome does nothing. Negative outcome only changes sim's death trait. There is no death outcome.
    Overwhelmingly negative outcome will disable resurrection to the sim for one day (even though the moodlet lasts 4 hours).
  • nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Thanks Egon for the advice..I was trying to get a dead Sim's life back...now I know to use the Ambrosia.
  • Nightstar77777Nightstar77777 Posts: 1 New Member
    Negative about the wishing well. Apparently the glitch negates all paths to resurrection? I tried the Well and eating Ambrosia. The Well gave me the right moodlet, but my Sim still has no skin.