Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 5

2...Next

Comments

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I finally bought a gaming computer two years ago and I have had no issues from that day. If I have to upgrade again so be it, simulation is too important to me, lol, to not put my money into it. I am ready for Sims 5 but this time around, I may wait to see if the game will be complete from the start and if it falls short according to the fans, I will wait until it has what I would consider to be the basics and that might mean weather and toddlers, in my opinion.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2018
    Only time will tell how TS5 is gonna look like. Either the devs take all the critism TS4 received seriously and go back to the style (gameplay, not graphics) that TS2 and TS3 had, or they think they can do anything with this franchise because people are willing to buy anything that has "The Sims" in its name. I hope for the first one.

I remember a fake trailer of TS4 before it was even announced. Ultra realistic graphics, big cities in base-game, stuff like this. I already have an idea for a household in mind in case TS5 will ever release with these features. I would definitely buy it, but not if it's even one level lower than TS4 (TS4 is actually the lowest I would go, I still like it even though it has its negative points though).

Btw, I would consider myself a "casual gamer" because I play, besides TS4 and TS3 only two other games, games which don't need a high end PC, but I still bought a gaming rig a few years ago so TS3 would run smoothly. I'm all for an increase of specs if that means I can binge-play again like TS3, this happens rarely with TS4 and only if I have a family that I find reeeaally interesting to play.

ETA: I somehow found the fake trailer I watched a few years ago (it still very popular it seems), here is the link in case someone is interested in how people imagined TS4 before it was even announced:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eco5i256Cys

I noticed the video is from 2013, but I swear I watched the same video in like 2012 or even before that.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 5 isn't coming, for reason that it's more profitable to not have it and work on Packs for the Sims, and port Sims 4 to every console you can think of, than it is to hire a team for Sims 5 and start over. Besides, Sims 4's specs just rose - they can already do more with the game.

See, EA said that if Sims 4 isn't a success there won't be a Sims 5. In a game which revolves tightly around Expansion Packs, this sounds just silly to me - if Sims 4 is a success, and its engine has no limit to the number of packs, then they'll keep making packs.

The fact that we just got a joke trailer for Sims 5 just proves my point.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims 5 isn't coming, for reason that it's more profitable to not have it and work on Packs for the Sims, and port Sims 4 to every console you can think of, than it is to hire a team for Sims 5 and start over. Besides, Sims 4's specs just rose - they can already do more with the game.

See, EA said that if Sims 4 isn't a success there won't be a Sims 5. In a game which revolves tightly around Expansion Packs, this sounds just silly to me - if Sims 4 is a success, and its engine has no limit to the number of packs, then they'll keep making packs.

Saying there is no limit to the amount of content the game engine can handle is a fallacy. There is a limit, whether Maxis knows what that limit is or not is debatable, but there is no such thing as a game engine with no limits at all.

Sims 4 will react like any other piece of software when you put enough stuff on top, it will be weighted down and sluggish. EA is basically attempting to push that off for as long as possible by downsizing all DLC and releasing less content per pack spread over more packs. There are drawbacks to this too. Profitability changes, because something is profitable one year does not mean it will have the same fate the next. Given the overwhelming reaction to the last SP I would say The Sims 4’s future profitability isn’t as sound as many may assume. It’s not as black and white as you make it out to be.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Only time will tell how TS5 is gonna look like. Either the devs take all the critism TS4 received seriously and go back to the style (gameplay, not graphics) that TS2 and TS3 had, or they think they can do anything with this franchise because people are willing to buy anything that has "The Sims" in its name. I hope for the first one.

I remember a fake trailer of TS4 before it was even announced. Ultra realistic graphics, big cities in base-game, stuff like this. I already have an idea for a household in mind in case TS5 will ever release with these features. I would definitely buy it, but not if it's even one level lower than TS4 (TS4 is actually the lowest I would go, I still like it even though it has its negative points though).

Btw, I would consider myself a "casual gamer" because I play, besides TS4 and TS3 only two other games, games which don't need a high end PC, but I still bought a gaming rig a few years ago so TS3 would run smoothly. I'm all for an increase of specs if that means I can binge-play again like TS3, this happens rarely with TS4 and only if I have a family that I find reeeaally interesting to play.

ETA: I somehow found the fake trailer I watched a few years ago (it still very popular it seems), here is the link in case someone is interested in how people imagined TS4 before it was even announced:

I noticed the video is from 2013, but I swear I watched the same video in like 2012 or even before that.
    I may be a casual gamer, but most definitely not a casual simmer :blush:
    Loanet wrote: »

Correction, Grant Rodiek - EA’s loose cannon - said that, not EA. And a joke trailer made by a fan doesn’t prove anything of course. Also, your arguments apply to Sims 1, 2 and 3 as well and they had successors.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member

I want good graphics and Gameplay, if the Sims 5 dont have that i will not buy it, plus weather and maybe a co-op option :smiley: , i want to be able to play on the same neighboorhood with my husband or even my daughter. :smile:
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member

I want good graphics and Gameplay, if the Sims 5 dont have that i will not buy it, plus weather and maybe a co-op option :smiley: , i want to be able to play on the same neighboorhood with my husband or even my daughter. :smile:

Sure, me too, what I wanted to say was just that I wouldn't like a copy of TS3 graphics. The worlds might be beautiful in there, but the sims don't really fit into that. I can't really describe how the graphics in TS5 should be in my opinion, but I think the art style in the fake trailer is a good beginning. The sims shouldn't look too realistic either, I think other games from the last years did a great job on having realistic, yet not creepy looking characters. I just wouldn't want a cartoony art style when TS5 would release. Assuming it would be 2025, a cartoony style would be just too outdated to be even considered.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff