Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite life stage?

2...Next

Comments

• ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I like them all, that's the beauty of the series introducing aging instead of just playing one life state. Each state has something to offer. However I guess my favorites to play would be: Teen - Adult.

Teens - I enjoy them since there's a bit more... challenge to them (at least with expansions). I mean, they can do most of the stuff but they aren't fully independent. Thus it becomes fun to fool around with them. They can have mood swings, they can pull pranks, they can have unexpected things happen to them in a prom and they can get in trouble; whether it's their parents or a police getting fed up with them. I played a Homeless challenge and had so much fun with this rebellious teen of mine who just constantly broke the curfew, pulled pranks and tiptoed around his mother (who he was enemies with). When he became YA it sort of felt like he lost some of the charm. There's no longer challenge because nobody is stopping him from doing what he wants. Yes that's what growing up does but still :smiley:

Young Adult - Well, although some of the challenge disappears it also opens up all the possibilities and also way better customization options (unless you download shitton of CC.)

Adult - Many people say YA is the most visually attractive. I'm somewhat of a different mind since I think YA is too... doll-like, too smooth, for me. Yes, downloading CC helps but in general. I have opted for creating adult sims in CaS just because I liked the more world-weary look of them. In general I'm someone who likes her sims to have some distinct features and it became easier with adults. That doesn't always mean pretty/handsome.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2018
    Child
    Strange, but if you are playing with all packs, children are the most complete life stage at the moment.

Oh sorry, I thought this poll was about TS4.
  • roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    edited October 2020
    Young Adult
    If I had to choose,It would be Young Adult everything is young,and everything works your at the prime of your life,and the peak of your fitness Young Adults are at the most attractive they are also fun Young Adults are full of fun,don't get me wrong I like Adult lifestage its the mid point of life for Sims your more set in your ways your a bit calmer your peaked in your career.
    Post edited by roman2886 on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Geez! I forgot this existed!
    Young Adult
    @Simtown15 I like watching Sims growing up in Sims 3 most cases most offsprings look like their parents sometimes a mix of both parents.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Adult
    I like the stress of figuring out the end of my sims' older adult lives. It's generally when they marry and have children OR fall into scandal and despair in my games so it's the best of all worlds. I also transition my adults to more "mature" hair and clothes and it's fun interpreting just what that is.

But idk, the difference between young adults, adults, and elders is mostly visual and I don't get prescriptive about their lives based on their age. Elderly club goers ARE valid!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Young Adult
    I chose YA and replied two years ago, but want to add that since I make my own poses I can make the "impossible" happen in the game for screenshots. :smile: With poses you can make any lifestage more fun! :smiley:

My simself's daughter Emelie with her husband Anthon. Anthon turned into Elder while I wasn't playing that household, and he is quite charming. He is the son of fellow (former?) simmer @PollySim

tan31pK.jpg

Their daughter Gabrielle (YA) and grand-daughter Hedda with her second cousin Jessica (my great-grandsims!)

sXJpEC1.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    Young Adult
    I love Young Adults with teens coming in as a close second.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Child
    I adore the grade school kids of Sims 3. I love toddlers, too. I'm also very fond of the Adult stage - that's where I am in real life.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Toddler
    I picked toddler because I love their little personalities. I love how they interact with older siblings. I like their little temper tantrums when they're banging the bars on their cribs. They're just adorable and watching them grow up after this, I feel much more invested in that particular sim.

It was tough to choose though because children are a close second for me. Also so cute and I love all their little interactions with each other.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Adult, specially when they have midlife crisis. I love them to wish for a change in their lifes. That's also the moment when they wish for settling, to get married and have kids.
    Young Adult
    @telmarina,I have installed the generations DLC my Sims are still Young Adults for at least 9 sim weeks,I only had Sims in the Adult lifestage in the game itself they never had a mid life crisis since,I never knew about much about the DLCS back then, I'm yet to have Sims in the Adult lifestage again now i have Generation installed just to see What the midlife crisis is like.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @roman2886 midlife crisis happen when your sims age from YA to adult. But it is random. Not all sims have a midlife crisis. It lasts for 5 days. During this days special wishes are triggered. Most of those wishes are life changing. If you decide to lock one or more of this wishes, you can't give up on them. Once locked you have to make them true. The success of the crisis will be determined by the amount of those wishes that you make true. If your sim can make true a good amount of wishes he will get a good moodlet for several days. The opposite if you don't make them true.

Im playing now a family, one couple and two babies. The father has aged to adult and is having a crisis. He's wishing to move to a new house (that's something really needed as they're living in a one bedroom house) and to flirt with someone else but his wife. I love this. I decide if he goes along with it or not, but it can make for some unpredictable changes in his life.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Young Adult
    It was a hard choice for me, as I enjoy playing many of the Life Stages:

Baby: I don't do babies, so I usually age them up as soon as possible
    Toddler: Get all three toddler skills before they become children
    Child: Go to school, make friends, go to afterschool classes and start building up skills
    Teenager: Proms and romances, part-time jobs and skill building
    Young Adult: Start on families and Careers
    Adult: Mid-Life Crisis, reach top of Careers, fulfil Lifetime Wishes
    Elder: Retire and relax before a meeting with the Grim Reaper

I tend to play the Young Adult stage quite a lot.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited March 2020
    Teen
    I like all the life stages, but I think the stuff teens can do( mostly after the Generations expansion pack) is the most fun if a little limited. I adore prom and I throw at least one “wild teen party” per generation usually because that can always get caught and the story telling potential is great. Unlike a lot of people here I actually think they’re the most aesthetically pleasing age, even if they are a little awkward looking, I think it works for a teen.
    edited October 2020
    Young Adult
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I like the stress of figuring out the end of my sims' older adult lives. It's generally when they marry and have children OR fall into scandal and despair in my games so it's the best of all worlds. I also transition my adults to more "mature" hair and clothes and it's fun interpreting just what that is.

But idk, the difference between young adults, adults, and elders is mostly visual and I don't get prescriptive about their lives based on their age. Elderly club goers ARE valid!

In my opinion Adults are better looking than Young Adults just like actors,and actresse,who were not that good looking when they were younger,and became good looking as they got older,I have three Adult Sims in my game,when I took pictures they definitely better looking as Adults to when they were Young Adults,That's how I make my Sims when my Young Adult Sims aged up to Adults I added Wrinkles,I gave them Mature clothes because their Young Adult clothes didn't suit them for the females when they aged up to Adults I ditched their Young Adult formal wear for mature formal wear,and I also their Young Adult fitness clothes for Mature fitness clothes,and I ditched their Young Adult hair styles,and gave them Mature hair styles which are shorter,The longer hairstyles they had as Young Adults didn't suit their mature faces,They couldn't fool anyone Younger longer hair doesn't wash on mature older looking faces.
    Post edited by roman2886 on
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Young Adult
    I think it's YA for most simmers and EA knows it, just look at The Sims 4... I think a lot of other life stages could be equally lovable if more effort was put into them. I remember that in TS2 my favorite stage was teens. Might also be because I was a teen back then, but in TS3 I can't stand the disproportioned bodies of teens and their apparent lack of things to do... Throwing a teen house party or going out on a teen date used to be sooo fun in TS2. :(
  • ChristinaluvsChristinaluvs Posts: 20 Member
    Young Adult
    Young adult honestly, my favourite phase as it's just in the middle of all the others.
    My sims look the best at that age and I normally max the number of days for that age as well.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Teen
    I guess I would have to say, Young Adults, but I like kids and teens also, but I choose YA becasue I can't wait for them to turn into YA so they can marry and have babies, Now there is one sim I liked more then any other state as he was an Elder, I named him Bo Dexter, He was such a neat sim, he was into Marsial Arts, I still play him sometimes. I always wanted to play him without aging as a single sim. but have not as yet.
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    Toddler
    I love toddlers, although they are SO annoying, I love seeing them build skills and even interact with each other! Plus dressing them up, so cute..!