Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Chikamori Family Heir Poll - BRADEN is the HEIR (VOTE IS NOW CLOSED)

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
Since all the kids have now reached teen-age. I think it's about time to start thinking about choosing the Heir to the Chikamori family fortune, currently standing at §17.5M

1. Allan - Screenshot-58.jpg
Traits: Genius, Artistic, Brave, Adventurous

2. Braden - Screenshot-71.jpg
Traits: Artistic, Angler, Disciplined, Genius

3. Brianna - Screenshot-3.jpg
Traits: Artistic, Ambitious, Disciplined, Genius

4. Alanna - Screenshot-98.jpg
Traits: Ambitious, Angler, Brave, Virtuoso

Unfortunately: Sandi French is not a part of the Founders bloodline so she can't inherit, and since Aidan is Satoshi's son, he can't inherit either.

So out of the four, which do you think should carry on the family legacy?

GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on

The Chikamori Family Heir Poll - BRADEN is the HEIR (VOTE IS NOW CLOSED) 37 votes

Allan
18%
JoAnne65cwaddelligazorKay8OrangeSimtown15AvataritI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy 7 votes
Braden
32%
EvalenEmily4331suzsesMikezumiblazerntqMacaire13jordandRedShoe7budewarminTinySpaceFoxGoulsquashpuzzlezaddict 12 votes
Brianna
18%
Seera1024littlemissgogowendyyi1TreyNutzNikkei_Simmerlazyjuniperpolrbear 7 votes
Alanna
29%
IdontrcallRflong7MamaSimTeeParyjillbgCravenLestatGITTE2001laydaywaycocoPalmArrowThirdEyeGhost 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2018
    Brianna
    Simply going by the pictures I'd choose Brianna. If this was my game though, I'd factor in traits as well, weighting the personality I'd prefer to play preferentially over other factors.

edit: now that traits are posted, I'd still stick with Briana. Braden was my 2nd choice. Between Anger and Ambitious I'd prefer Ambitious, especially if the sim is going into a rabbit hole career. Disciplined and Genius shouts International Super Spy to me, so that's where I would have Briana go career-wise.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Alanna
    Something about Alanna's smile won me over immediately!
  • Options
    I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Posts: 186 Member
    Allan
    I just think Allan is really cute and for some reason I instantly painted a personality of him in my head so I was attached. Brianna would be my second choice! I really like her for some reason.
    giphy.gif

I only played with you, string between a kitten's mitts.

Origin ID: Azaylia
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Alanna
    Alanna, she has by far the most interesting looks. It would be ncie if we knew their traits etc though!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Alanna
    I think Alanna looks so sympathetic and a little lost, which opens your game to, maybe, a goldigger? B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Allan
    I'm voting for Allan because I don't know anything about these sims but from the pics he looks like he might be the eldest or possibly the most mature (sorry if that's way off base). Also, because he only has one other vote thus far and I often have a soft spot for the underdog. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited March 2018
    Allan
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm voting for Allan because I don't know anything about these sims but from the pics he looks like he might be the eldest or possibly the most mature (sorry if that's way off base). Also, because he only has one other vote thus far and I often have a soft spot for the underdog. :)

I also voted for Allan assuming he was the eldest. The one time I played a legacy challenge I made it easier on myself by always choosing the eldest. Of course the 3rd generation heir was an only child so that was even easier. :)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Braden
    I like Braden and Brianna, so picked the first one as they're listed. Superficial reason: They are less chubby-cheeked, at least at the angles they are shown. Do they all have good traits/personalities?
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Braden
    I think Braden is a very good looking sim.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Allan
    cwaddell wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

I also voted for Allan assuming he was the eldest. The one time I played a legacy challenge I made it easier on myself by always choosing the eldest. Of course the 3rd generation heir was an only child so that was even easier. :)
    That rule went out the window for me in Generation 3 in my game. Twelve kids, but I disqualified the first five each for very different reasons (one of them wasn't really disqualified but he already had his own smaller dynasty going in a Traveler mod connected world and I just figured he wouldn't be interested in relocating, they already had their plans set for their retirement, etc.). Number 6 was the winner, I could see that when he was still a teen. But I do force myself to at least start considering the eldest first, or we could say they get some bonus points for that. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Alanna
    I voted for Alanna. I think she's really cute. I would have voted for Braden, but I could have sworn earlier I saw you write you were hoping for a female to inherit? I just looked, and I didn't see it ... maybe I imagined it, it was way early in the morning ... like not even one cup of coffee in the morning.

So I voted for Alanna for that reason -- but Braden is my favorite. He's winning, though.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Alanna
    I voted, too. :lol:

She smiled. ;)
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Allan
    Can you tell me their traits?
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Braden
    Since they all look nice in their own way, I'd rather not vote on appearances alone. Besides traits, what else is special about them? Do you have any tentative plans, or will that only come together once you decide which one to develop? I know I'd get bored with certain storylines after a while, but others I could play out indefinitely.

(For the record, without any other info, I'd probably pick Brianna, but that's just because I have a soft spot for unique eye colors.)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Allan
    Allan somehow appeals to my imagination, both in appearance and in traits.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Braden
    Now that you added traits, I switched my (previously unofficial) vote to Braden, although I had to think about it for a while. (Btw, I guess you really have some favorite traits.) I'm just imagining Braden as the wealthy amateur artist/traveler/collector/benefactor that might actually appreciate the freedom to explore and learn that his family has bequeathed to him. Not that the others wouldn't... just, anyone who's artistic and a genius and also takes the time to fish has to have the right attitude.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Allan
    Now that you've added traits, I voted for Allan.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Braden
    Not gonna lie, voted for Braden because he is cute. :tongue:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Braden
    I picked Branden, He is cute, I did think that the eldest should be heir
    But not knowing who was I thought that because Branden's traits Artistic, Angler, Disciplined, Genius
    That he would be the best to run the finances as he is Disciplined and a Genius
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited March 2018
    Brianna
    Poor Brianna, now trailing . :D Can you see that she's my favorite... :D But since I put this up to a vote...winning votes carry it. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Braden
    Gee, I wouldn't listen to us. You *know* them, and you're the one who's going to have to put in the time with the heir.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Braden
    @Nikkei_Simmer I see why you like Brianna so much; I almost voted for her and had to think about it for a few minutes. But perhaps you've stumbled on the real *best* way to pick your heir—see who wins and whether you feel bad about it. If you're saddest that Brianna isn't the choice, then you obviously know who to pick.

Alternately, you could plop each one down in a different world and see who you end up spending the most time with. There's no reason that the kids wouldn't move away from Sunset Valley at least temporarily, to get some distance from their parents and childhood friendships, only to move back when they're ready to start families of their own. It might also be interesting to see, if one or another of them gets engaged in a different neighborhood before returning, what their mother thinks upon meeting the new prospective kid-in-law.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    Alanna
    I seen the household's you play,very crowded full of chaos.Decided brave trait will keep you alive with so much going on and a fire starts cooking or during a birthday.Allan and Alanna have it but will always pick a lady so Alanna wins.EA made birthday cakes deadly,fireplaces,stoves etc she might save your life one day :o

Fun Fact:

Speaking of the EA obsession with fire

Will Wright the creator of The Sims lost his home and almost his family to a fire.And funny as it sounds gave him the inspiration to think about how possesions affect people blah blah sims was born.True story

So a guy that lost his home and everything he owned to a fire eventually led up to a series with deadly birthday cakes,fireplaces,meteor fires, everything fire death related and singed sims :| Fire fire everywhere.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2018
    Alanna
    I like Alanna. She looks so happy and friendly. I think her face shows real personality :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding