Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get midnight hollow festival lot in my game even with DCBackup fix done.

SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
So I have been trying to get the midnight hollow pitch park festival lot into my game.

First time it didn't stay installed so I reinstalled it again. Second time it stayed reinstalled so I followed the fix as provided to me below.

Specifically -

If you've installed the Midnight Hollow Festival Lot then

1. Go into your DCBackup folder
2. Find a file named 0x8d53e630fb04dbb642f6a16f6c61ebbf
3. Copy it
4. Paste it into your library folder
5. Relaunch The Sims 3

You will now see the MH festival lot in you library.

Once that was done it still didn't work so I googled things and found something that said the DCBackup needed to be deleted so did so and tried running the game again. Still didn't work.

So I tried saving the original pitch park in Midnight Hollow that shows up and changing that lot type to festival grounds and still no park showed up.

Looked through all community lot placements and couldn't place any community lots at all even though I had just started the game. Admittedly I hadn't changed any of the community types so that could have been part of it. However I did change pitch park through the changes to residential after deleting everything and it still came up as a residential plot. (I went through with the hammer tool. Then I changed it back to Big park and tried replacing the original one which wouldn't work. At this point I don't know what else to do.

I have tried uninstalling the full game and reinstalling the game. Uninstalling all store content and reinstalling all store content. Doing the DC Backup fix. I did try downloading someones tweaked festival lot on here but it had stuff packs I didn't have so didn't install it. But after that the park temporarily changed to midnight Hollow Festival Grounds I think but then it still didn't show up in game. Am I just going to have to make a festival grounds??

If so how do I do it so it automatically changes for all the seasons without me having to edit it?? Or is there any other fixes I haven't tried that could sort this out??

I don't know why everything that is a simple fix for others turns into a marathon for me but can anyone please help me??

Thanks very much.

EDIT: I have also been through hours of time with EA Technicians who kept getting me to do the same fixes over and over even though it didn't work so am reluctant to go back to them. Hence why I am asking here.

Thanks
Sorceress%20sig.png
Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
Origin Id: Sorceress2696
Sims 4 Gallery Here!

Comments

• SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    edited March 2018
    Here is some differences of how it shows under installed and downloaded in lots

Downloads is the greyed out one as you will see the names are different.

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

Thanks just thought I would show this as don't know if it's part of the issue?
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!