Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hmm... Is this a sneak peak of whats to come?

I was playing the sims mobile one day and i finally got to unlock the fashion career. and then it didnt dawn on me until the end of the day that i was like WAIT A MINUTE!! Is this a preview/hint that theyre might be a fashion career for the PC/Console version of the sims 4?? it sounds far fetched considering it might only be exclusively for mobile but i just thought hey! what if??
"Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Maybe, but it’s been there for over a year now.

I think with the way that it plays, it’s probably for mobile. I don’t see how it would translate to TS4 well.

Same with running a Cafe. I know people want it in TS4, but it’s so boring.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why would they "preview" a new feature in a format that not everyone uses?
  • simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I feel like it's possible as a rabbit hole career, but not anything interactive unless they made it like the stylist career in TS3.
    As for running a cafe, we can kind of already do that with Dine Out or Get to Work.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I hope so we need more hobbies/careers
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
    @jackjack_k the sims mobile has only been out a few weeks. if that. also ( imo ) it would be pretty fun if they made it like TS3 like @simuelle had mentioned as opposed to other packs that are...not ideal, like pet stuff and laundry day.

:D I agree with @aprilrose . glass half full and fingers crossed we get something along those lines.

• HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Didn’t FreePlay have some features in that game that aren’t in the PC version too?
    @simuelle wrote: »
    I feel like it's possible as a rabbit hole career, but not anything interactive unless they made it like the stylist career in TS3.
    As for running a cafe, we can kind of already do that with Dine Out or Get to Work.

Not the Get Togeteher Cafe venues, you can't.
    @Skr0ala wrote: »
    @jackjack_k the sims mobile has only been out a few weeks. if that. also ( imo ) it would be pretty fun if they made it like TS3 like @simuelle had mentioned as opposed to other packs that are...not ideal, like pet stuff and laundry day.

:D I agree with @aprilrose . glass half full and fingers crossed we get something along those lines.

Maybe in the US. It's been avaliable in certain countries for over a year now.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    All I want from the Sims Mobile in the Sims 4 are all the colour swatches that aren't in the PC version.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I want to think that we will be getting some things from sim mobile in future TS4 Updates or Packs.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I dont want any more careers , I dont play with them. If I could go back, I would probably not buy Get to work. It's the only one I would not buy though. I have the rest too :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I dont want any more careers , I dont play with them. If I could go back, I would probably not buy Get to work. It's the only one I would not buy though. I have the rest too :)

Agreed. Now a career like meterology or owning a resort would be cool.
  • TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    There's a fashion district...it would make sense to have a fashion career in my opinion, even if it isn't a "playable" career where you accompany your sim to work. It would be cool if there was a freelance element where you could design and make clothes (bring the swatches back) and then sell them in a boutique or at the yard sale.
    I need more varied rabbit hole jobs to send my sims off to. I can only have so many businessmen in my game.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I need more varied rabbit hole jobs to send my sims off to. I can only have so many businessmen in my game.

I think having more rabbit hole jobs would be great, too. As much as I like the idea of careers where we follow our Sims, I kinda get bored with them after a bit. If you've got more than one Sim in a hh, it's usually more fun, IMO, to play the one not limited to certain activities during the work day. I actually wish they'd add self-employment back to the game. I preferred the versions of active careers we had in TS3 (architect, etc.) because I felt more in control of the job.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I remember the supermodel career in The Sims Superstar was so much fun! It would cool to have something like that in TS4. The gameplay might get repetitive, but let’s be real- the active careers on TS4 are pretty repetitive as well.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The only things I want from The Sims Mobile are some of the social interactions. The trust fall interaction is super cute :love:
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Same. Open for Business is my favorite expansion in any Sims game but Sims 4 just failed retail and active careers in all ways.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like features that are in one version will end up in the others in some form. Not instantly, but...

Perhaps the job of fashion would show up in a famous pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
    @Loanet ooooo!!! I hadn't thought of that :blush: ! that would be a really cool idea! A fashion career does sound like something that would be in a famous pack :smiley:

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I loved the job careers in get to work, and would love to see more of them. I do wish the retail system had been different, buying clothes off a rack and putting items together from a wardrobe or dresser rather than ready made packages, but that’s how the sims work. If TS5 comes out I hope we have to purchase things individually again and put together our own wardrobes together each time.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I feel like features that are in one version will end up in the others in some form. Not instantly, but...

Perhaps the job of fashion would show up in a famous pack.

It could tie in to an acting career. As an actor/actress becomes more famous, they get the option of being "styled" by a designer. If the look is good, they both get a bump in status, if not, they both drop.
  • Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    I want a high school and elementary school teacher career like the rabbit hole ones or maybe even an active one if we will be able to go to school with our sims one day, also not talking about university that’s different but like regular school
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why would they "preview" a new feature in a format that not everyone uses?

I personally wouldn't consider it a preview, but it doesn't seem to unlikely that they would add in something from another game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first My Sims come out before the Sims 3? If so then that would mean it was the first to let you adjust a Sims voice.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I did consider this too as a lot of the animations and objects are the same as ts 4. I guess it could come with celebrities, fashion design career and potentially the sewing skill. It would be great if we could create clothes and play with colour. I mean they implemented the colour wheel for pets.

I'd still prefer seasons or uni.