Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saves Folder + Error Code 12

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, we did have to fix that fps issue because that could have been a heavy contributor to the crashes and could also over time have burned out your graphics card. With that ruled out, now it sounds like we are back to suspecting CC and RAM usage (unless you were checking on RAM while decorating already).

This only happens in Edit Town? Are you placing/editing many lots within the same game session and can you not do any of this in Live Mode using testingcheats shift-clicks to enter Build/Buy?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Well, we did have to fix that fps issue because that could have been a heavy contributor to the crashes and could also over time have burned out your graphics card. With that ruled out, now it sounds like we are back to suspecting CC and RAM usage (unless you were checking on RAM while decorating already).

This only happens in Edit Town? Are you placing/editing many lots within the same game session and can you not do any of this in Live Mode using testingcheats shift-clicks to enter Build/Buy?

I was decorating on a lot with Sims on it so I was just build/buy mode and then when I went to go back to live mode to save, it crashed.

I turned off my computer and I'm back in the save. It's the only lot that I have in Riverview that is active - so no switching between households. I've been able to save a few times so perhaps my computer was just having a fuss after changing settings and what not @igazor? I'll monitor RAM but it could just be a CC issue although I don't have heaps and heaps of it and you'd think my computer could handle it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I think we know your computer is capable of running what you are throwing at it. The game is fragile. It certainly runs better on suitable hardware, but I'm afraid it never was a perfect product. That's why we keep stressing to do saves and save as so often.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Edit: @igazor - how's that look?

39069566620_4931284eb8_o.png

If you scroll further down in the Frame Rate Limiter drop down list you should find even fps settings including a "60fps ( Frame Rate Limiter V2 )" option. I haven't noticed any difference between that setting and the fractional settings that are higher up on the list.