Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

Comments

• mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    I think adding extra content to an expansion pack that has been out a while, for example Get To Work is one thing; time goes on, and sometimes you think of extra things that could have been implemented earlier, or just now have more time to actually implement them. However, the "original content" of this stuff pack is simply a new rodent pet; all clothing options and some of the buy mode additions are items that could have easily been added to the base expansion pack. What will be next? Feathered Friends Stuff? Also, Cats and Dogs is not old by any means; the timing is off-putting and just doesn't look well.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Did not and will not as well. Its not just a shameless sales move, its also a terrible pack in general
    jr73Y.gif

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I never had an issue with it, so I bought it.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Didn't like the whole idea of how this is an expansion for C&D, but I aside from that I still find it a lousy pack. So I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I didn't want buy it and I didn't buy it.

+1
  • LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I spent my 10 dollars on some cat treats and did not look back.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Never planned to buy, and never will buy. I hope EA does eventually bring out a good pack again. Vampires was quite awesome. Why did they fall back to a point so low they had never reached this before, where they sell DLCs for DLCs?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'll admit I was interested at first, but then I saw a review and got sudden flashbacks to the Katy Perry themed stuffpack and how all of the content in that pack had been cut from Showtime. So decided not to buy, am waiting for a sale.
    All of the content had been cut from Showtime..? I never thought “Oh I wish I had an icecream shaped bikini and a playground designed by the evil witch from Hansel and Gretel” when I’d purchased Showtime. KP’s problem rather was that nobody actually wanted anything in there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.
    Sorry about that. I cannot edit the poll.
    And that's me ;) With the footnote I have no idea what I would have done if I'd have loved the game (waving at KP on a shelf behind me and Aurora Skies in my Worlds folder), so no judging on my account.

The combination of KP and Aurora Skies is the climax of TS3! My favorite pack and the best world!
    You’re kidding I hope :o ? Aurora Skies is a beautiful world for sure (and quite unique), but half of it is non accessible. I bought it (though not full price) because of the kid’s stuff. And the balloon but that was the biggest turn off ever...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I don't want it. And I have everything else. I would buy it if I did, no matter what anyone else thought. But I didnt want it.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Loathed the idea from the start, still loathe it. Suffice to say, I saved my hard earned cash.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Didn't buy, didn't plan to. The disease was tempting, and I would probably use the small pets occasionally, but I'm not paying £10 for an illness and one small critter with a few reskins. I might consider buying it in the future on sale, but I absolutely don't think it's worth full price.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was going to buy because my 100 Baby Challenge could use a pet in the house, since Cats and Dogs take up slots and I don't want that happening right now... hoping for twins/triplets and if I add anymore family. :/ she won't be able to have those possibilities. But then I ended up not buying it because it's not one of those "I NEED it" type stuff packs for me. (right now, I'll buy it in a few months or so, though)

Now.. if it was a playground stuff pack with slides, swings, hopscotch, tag/hide-n-seek, merry-go-round, and or maybe a tree house..maybe a sandpit - I'd buy definitely. We could use more interactions for kids to interact together and more objects for them to interact together with. Though I know we can't get all those items I mentioned in a stuff pack.. at least... maybe 1-3 of them would be really nice. :x
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I was going to buy because my 100 Baby Challenge could use a pet in the house, since Cats and Dogs take up slots and I don't want that happening right now... hoping for twins/triplets and if I add anymore family. :/ she won't be able to have those possibilities. But then I ended up not buying it because it's not one of those "I NEED it" type stuff packs for me. (right now, I'll buy it in a few months or so, though)

Now.. if it was a playground stuff pack with slides, swings, hopscotch, tag/hide-n-seek, merry-go-round, and or maybe a tree house..maybe a sandpit - I'd buy definitely. We could use more interactions for kids to interact together and more objects for them to interact together with. Though I know we can't get all those items I mentioned in a stuff pack.. at least... maybe 1-3 of them would be really nice. :x

Graham already said he cannot do swings in an sps as the swings have multiple animations along with inter-reactions and multi-tasking programming between sims and the use of swings. So in their case the swings can't come in an sps.

Did you check out the child stuff pack and the toddler stuff pack. Toddlers have a cute slide and other real cute yard items. My sims kids and toddlers really seem to react a lot with those packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Nerp, still staying strong! :blush: I had issues with it from the start, waiting for a discount.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    To answer the question: haven't gotten it, probably will be awhile before I get it. They haven't added that special something or I haven't found it that's hooked me like Sims 1, 2, and 3 have.

I was a completionist with the previous games (even have the KP Stuff pack from TS3). Not so much with Sims 4. I've got the EP's and the GP's as they came on sale (except vampires, bought that full price), and maybe a SP or two. The game is fun, but I haven't found something that keeps me coming back as much as I do with Sims 2 and Sims 3.

And I honestly wish I knew what it was that Sims 4 was lacking so that I could ask EA to add it. Hopefully, Sims 5 will have it.

The fact that this pack is DLC for DLC is going to make me wait longer than I normally would have. It will have to be long enough that EA won't use me buying it as confirmation that I like DLC for DLC at that amount and cost.
  • Donut4lifexoxDonut4lifexox Posts: 3 New Member
    I never wanted it so, if you could have edited the poll (which you can’t) I would have chose answer 5 “Never wanted it, still don’t”. Here is why:
    Well, for starters the sims team could have done this in cats & dogs!!! I mean, I understand it would have not been in the year 2017, but I would have been up to wait until March to get some extra content! The extra content is not great, (I have seen from my friend who bought it) but I would have still been willing to wait, so it didn’t seem as so much of a money grab! I know it may not have been intended to be a money grab, but that’s sure what it seems like!!! I feel like this is EA/Maxis’ way of “redeeming” themselves, after some people were not happy with certain aspects of cats and dogs. (i.e the 2 pet beds, 2 dog bowls) I, personally, would not have like to see this pack at all. It was not needed, especially so soon after cats and dogs!! I mean, 4 months after and there’s already a sequel?? I don’t know, seems like a money grab to me. If I would have liked to see this pack at all, I would have liked to see it with pet stores and as possibly a game pack.(As there hasn’t been a stuff pack with an ownable business lot) As a cats and dogs owner, I can get this pack, but I chose not to. Some people who don’t have cats and dogs, or do and are saving their money for something better, are not able to access this pack. This is just my opinion of course and is not meant to bash EA/Maxis/TS4 in anyway.

-Donut
  • gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    Got it but I didn't buy it....
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Was against, did not buy because 1) I don't want to support items being stripped out of EPs and sold in SPs, and 2) I'm already over pets tbh so it wouldn't add anything of value for me. If I had liked the hairs or if the clothing had been a bit more original, I'm not sure what I would have done. But I'll admit the latter made it easy for me to not cave :)
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    Nope. Against it from the start and didn’t cave. I’m not planning on getting it in the future, either. It should’ve been included in a complete Pets EP.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

A number of comments from this discussions have been moved into a separate discussion here.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I have not purchased and will not, unless it goes on sale for $2.50 or less. It is barely worth that much. My first pet irl was a fancy parakeet, so I was disappointed the moment I found out it was only basically rodents and recolors.

I swear SP never go on sale!?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I was already sceptical when I saw the teaser and thought from the beginning that the timing for publishing an add-on for C&D was ...unfortunate. I would have considered buying the pack on sale in the distant future (while SPs don't go on sale, they are included in Origin store-wide sales), but was actually glad to see that there is nothing in the pack that would enhance my gameplay. So, did not get it and not even slightly tempted.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've behaved in exactly the way that I thought I would. I haven't bought it though I wouldn't rule it out at some point especially if they patch a bit more into it. (I know that they tend not to do that but since it is an add-on, maybe they will).

I'm a little bit personally busier right now, though I will continue to play TS4 when I can and I'm still open to new content. I still haven't fully delved into JA. At some point, I will be more interested in new content but right now, I'm in a good place.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.