Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

Comments

• Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.
    Sorry about that. I cannot edit the poll.

Too bad.

I quickly saw what this pack was about. Had no intention of buying it, and didn't buy it. I will reconsider if it ever comes on 50% sale, for the little pet, the illness (death) and the round coffee table.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    None of these. I'm in the "Not wanted to buy before, not want to buy now" :D:D:D might buy it when it's on sale, only if it's 50% down or more
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    None of these. I'm in the "Not wanted to buy before, not want to buy now" :D:D:D might buy it when it's on sale, only if it's 50% down or more

Yeah I forgot to add that one.
    Never again will I make up a poll on the fly.
    I will write it down on paper and think about it first. :D

It's too bad you don't get a few minutes to edit it.
    I realized the mistake immediately after posting.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I haven't gotten it, and never will.

I still haven't gotten CL or Pets because of design choices I can not support, and I probably will never get them, barring a gift from someone else. I have never purchased any sp for ts2 3 or 4 for similar reasons. The only pack I have that wasn't gifted to me in this game is vampires, which along with GT are the only packs I would have ever been willing to buy.

However, I 100% do think resistance is largely futile here, the audience for the sims seems to be overall complacent with what it gets. I don't care though if my not buying means little, my money is worth more than this pack and most of these packs so I refuse to buy them, and will continue doing so. I can't justify spending money on sub-par products.

At this point my not purchasing isn't about hoping/expecting ea to change, it's just for my own personal benefit.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.

I was against it, still am and still will not buy it.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Bought it the moment it came out, and I love it much more than many other stuff packs I've bought. Stuff packs usually fit a certain type of scenario or situation or sim household, and not allover and every sim, so the fact that I consider the cas very rare use and the furniture mostly good for kidlet rooms doesn't bother me a bit, they'll still see their uses. The aquarium table I foresee becoming one of my top favorites in the whole build mode.

And I love love love the critter adventures. I am very impressed how they made what is essentially very dull game play -- feed/clean object -- into something amusing and interesting. I remember in Sims 3 I used to tame and catch all the critters ever, only for the gameplay with their cages to be really dull. It's nice to see them improving on that, making it more interesting.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I didn't buy and I'm not going to and it's not anything to do with feelings of EA cheating me out of money or anything like that. I decided not to buy it after watching the trailer for it because nothing about it interested me in the least.

I wanted small pets so bad, but all they made was hamsters and rats....I miss birds and snakes. And the clothing for animals is not anything I care about. Just was a dead pack for me.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Ddnt consider it..ddnt buy it..not buying it..will not buy it...wont buy it for 75% discount..wont even buy it for 99.9% discount...the only thing thatll make me have it in my game is if they put it up in a patch..in all.. im not interested in encouraging EA to try this staunt again nah nah
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    To each their own - but for me - Love it! and wanted it from the start.

I knew I'd enjoy the little cute touches Graham is known for in his packs. Not even once had any doubts.

Besides I am not influenced by negative posts at all - I like to make my own judgment.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I absolutely adore animals, all animals! I even own 2 Chinese dwarf hamsters.. BUT I will not buy this pack.
    If mfps focused on & included a variety of small furry animals, say hamsters, hedgehogs, small mice, rats, rabbits and guinea pigs, Actually gave us a few different cage/tank options with some objects for the little ones (How cute would a hamster ball be?!) I would have been happy. Instead they threw more object recolors together and silly looking pet clothing, I personally would never use. There is not enough content in mfps to even be a stuff pack! It's ridiculous.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    If I wanted more content for pets, I would just download stuff already made by the content creators of this community.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I was never conflicted and I bought it. I'm enjoying it.

I have to admit that the source of the funds for the pack made it an easier decision. Years ago, I spent a lot of time in Second Life and made jewelry that is still selling on the Second Life marketplace. The currency (Lindens) can be converted into real US dollars; and I realized I had $40 of Lindens waiting to be transferred to PayPal. So, no real cash out of the bank, but one video game funding another. Not bad.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i was into it until i saw the cas/bb reviews by vixella. dlc4dlc issue aside, the pack is very half-baked. the t-shirts are so lame, and the male one doesn't even have one of the swatches for some reason. the hamster chair's recolors are pathetic, i thought it'd include swatches of the other rodents, but it's the exact same hamster just in different colors. the couch set is pretty bad, just a recolor of the one we already got in C&D. the hamster suit doesn't even have multiple swatches. and once again they missed the opportunity to make normal looking cat/dog beds, dog houses, and a larger variety of cat/dog toys (all they have is balls?).
    i might still buy it, eventually, but i think i'll pick up laundry or jungle before that. :/
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I knew I'd enjoy the babalus and the additional pet costumes, and I'm still doing so. Carry on.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    1st pack I have not bought (well except for Sims 3 Katy Perry pack!). Did not like what they did especially since I paid full price for Cats and Dogs, and other than the new death - not interested anyway. Not even happy with the way they did Cats and Dogs - everything way overdone in Brindleton Bay and nothing in other towns - have a cat with the prowler trait and nothing to prowl in Willow Springs - feel bad for the poor kitty constantly checking all the bushes and not finding anything - sigh. When you consider what you got with Sims 2 or Sims 3 Pets - both of these packs together do not even come close to me. They at least should have included more small pets in this. I don't dress my animals other than maybe the scarves and seems most of the CAS and buy/build stuff is just recolors of existing stuff. Never liked the small pets anyway because they either died or got away. If I want the fish table - already see CC creators that have made even lovelier ones plus small pets like parrots, iguanas, and spiders. They said their reasoning was to focus on the vet business but the vet just seems to be a rehashed doctor and quite frankly - you get tired real quick of your vet office and all of Brindleton Bay really being covered in cat and dog puke all the time. The town of Brindleton Bay is so pretty but I can barely stand to have my sims live there anymore because you start to feel horrible seeing all the sick, dirty, neglected animals in that town - you end up spending most of the time trying to find a way to help all the poor critters. Also not a big fan of piles of steaming dog poop - really could have done without that too. Horses and critters you could catch like in Sims 3 was much better to me!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is the first pack I haven't bought either. But I am perfectly fine with that. I can get my small animal fix elsewhere, as needed. I still have Sims 3 installed. There are plenty of critters there.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Never conflicted. I didn't like the product, therefore that'll be a no for me. EA will not be getting my coins on this one.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I initially wanted it but once reviews came out I decided not to buy it.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Since the trailer got released I said I wouldn't buy it for reasons that have been discussed here over and over already. I'm sticking to it. It will be the first pack I won't own for TS4.
    It was Katy Perry's sweet treats for TS3.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    And that's me ;) With the footnote I have no idea what I would have done if I'd have loved the game (waving at KP on a shelf behind me and Aurora Skies in my Worlds folder), so no judging on my account.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Didn't want it so I didn't buy it. Even if I wasn't against it, I probably wouldn't buy it anyway. The small pet(s) is the only thing I find interesting about the pack, and it's not interesting enough that I think it warrants ten dollars. The buy mode stuff is okay, the CAS is meh, and if I'm being honest, the new female hair is particularly unfortunate.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I wasn't going to purchase from the start and have no urge to buy it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    not buying it at all until it goes on sale and who knows when that will be. this really should've been in a patch.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I was kind of indifferent to it in the beginning, but I did buy it because it would fit well in my game. That being said, I would have liked a pack that featured other small pets as well, but I am happy with this pack overall.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Didn't want, didn't buy.