Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keyboard issues (qwerty instead of azerty)

Hey guys,

Just reinstalled the game today, but of course I encountered an issue with the keybinds :

My computer is set with an azerty keyboard, region France, windows is all in english, same for Origin (but there is only the English US choice... rip UK). Still despite all that Sims 4 somehow recognize my keyboard as qwerty and not azerty. It’s literally the only game where I have this problem and I really don’t know how I can keep the english language and have the keyboard recognized as azerty.

It worked fine before in 2017 but now, nope.

Can anyone lend me a hand ? :-(
1522086871-legatelanius.gif

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Have you tried pressing left ALT-Shift on your keyboard while in game, to switch between the active keyboard layouts on your system?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey, yep that was my first try but the game acted like I didn’t do anything. Really weird.
    What language setting is the game using right now? For information on changing the game language the following EA Support page may be of help:
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
    What language setting is the game using right now? For information on changing the game language the following EA Support page may be of help:

Hey, well everything is in English. Origin and Sims 4, however unlike Origin, the game properties on the Sims 4 indicates that it's English US (and there's no other option), which I believe might be the reason why the game acts like I'm using a QWERTY keyboard instead of AZERTY.
    edited March 2018
    Okay, so I managed to fix this stuff. If anyone ever comes here looking for a solution it's actually quite simple. Alt+Shift works BUT you can't do it while playing with your sims or in manage worlds mode. It has to be made while in the main menu of the game.

All the usual shortcuts works btw, CTRL+F etc.
    Excellent, thanks for posting that!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top