Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Revamping "Walking Styles" System

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I think one of the biggest downsides of allowing emotions interfere and change the style of sims walking is that destroys diversity, because it renders their chosen style from CAS pointless/useless as it wouldn't matter If your sim normally bounces while (s)he gets depressed/sad or (s)he is a Sluggish walker when on daily basis going on a gym makes them energize and... you get the miss. The ability to select a walkstyle is pointless/useless, as emotions change it at daily basis. Or vice versa:

Ok, so what are your stances.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Revamping "Walking Styles" System 83 votes

Leave us the ability to Select WSs without emotions interfaring.
37% 31 votes
Spare us emotion-factor of changing WS while getting rid of the WS selector from CAS
9% 8 votes
Keep it as it is / Other (more new walk styles?)
53% 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don't quite understand the difference between one and two?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I really don't like the walking styles. lol I 99% of the time all my sims have the normal walk. And I used to have a mod that stopped them from getting those goofy walks when in certain moods, but I've lost it and can't find it. I also have a mod that stops them from doing the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 walk when they have to go to the bathroom. I mean, really? Who walks like that, other than kids!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the difference between one and two?

With vote #1, you basically propose that's how they will walk entirely in their life with what style you selected for them.
    #2: Your sims will walk normally until they're in a certain mood.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I just wish they would zig-zag and stumble around when dazed.
  • Options
    Thanks. So 1 for me (and me not choosing any of them ;)).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    I like it as it is. I think it's cute when they come out of the gym all energetic with a pep in their step, for example. Or how they walk off their chests out after getting someone's number

Plus, I wouldn't want it to be so that if I chose the bouncy walk for a sim, they would still use it when they get sad. My sims get sad over the dumbest things, but I must say that they do portray the sadness quite well, the walk being part of that.

As long as the more ridiculous walks don't get forced on us I don't mind it
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Posts: 186 Member
    I picked one even though I don't really even mess with walkstyles much unless I want to give one of my girls the feminine walk, but @CyrusTheLoser makes a good point. I would hate for my very sad sims to be walking about all peppy :P. It'd be a bit odd.
    giphy.gif

I only played with you, string between a kitten's mitts.

Origin ID: Azaylia
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I disagree as I've never experienced this problem. I would just like more walkstyles. I hate all of the walkstyles on male Sims and I only like the feminine walk on females.

The bladder walk is stupid, though.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    The walking styles are too over the top to select them as the default, so my sims always get the normal one. I'd like to be able to select a towned-down version of the various walking styles in CAS for some realistic variety. And maybe the moodlet-triggered walking styles can vary in intensity too.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    I disagree as I've never experienced this problem. I would just like more walkstyles. I hate all of the walkstyles on male Sims and I only like the feminine walk on females.

The bladder walk is stupid, though.
    Your sims don't change their walking style when they get sad or angry?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't use most of the CAS walkstyles but I like most of the emotion-based walkstyles. The angry one might seem over the top, but IRL I have a family member who is hot-headed and I have seen them doing the same stomping. I think the only walkstyle that annoys me is the bladder one, I agree about that. There's a mod somewhere that removes that walkstyle for older sims, I might just start using that.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I would like some more walk styles.

I would love some new poses for uploads to.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I would like more walk styles.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't use any weird walks as default walks. I just use the default, the strutting one? and the feminine walk. I'd most like a few more normalish walk variations though for our sims.
    I do like to see the emotional/mood walks sometimes... the teenage drag is always funny to me. The angry stomp is only funny in my sims home when I get them angry.. when I see them on the street it's irritating. The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 walk makes me chuckle.. again sometimes. I do like the sad walk. The tired walk is amusing after a long day.
    Really though I wish they were all toned down a bit, but I don't think they are going to revamp it all.

Can't believe the plummed out PP walk
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I agree. PP walk on adults look to childish, but I wouldn't surprise If it was deliberately implemented to appeal to the certain group of players that like such humour.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The majority of walk styles are just to over the top to be useable I'd love to see more unique but normal walk styles.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    Every time I think about the walking styles and how they pushed them when launching the game and how they used it as an excuse for other missing features I get angry.
    I never use any walking style that is not the default one. And the emotion or needs triggered ones are silly and over the top on "normal" YA+ sims and a waste of resources that I am glad never had any attention from the developers after launch.
    I say the damage is done, leave it as it is and don't waste resources on it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like the walking styles and I don't see a problem with them. Would love to see some more!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd rather they focus on an expanded emotions/personality/traits system then waste their time on walk styles.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I like the walking styles and I don't see a problem with them. Would love to see some more!

Pretty much this.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2018
    I didn't really see a problem in the walkstyles as it is now (I just hate the walk style they have when they need to go to the toilet, their bladder is deep in the red and they still walk sooo slowly, they should be running 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :D ). I would like some new walkstyles though, I get so bored with the ones we have now that I also see myself giving more and more sims I create just the normal walk. It's nice that they added a new one with the Vampires GP, so maybe they'll do it again.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I only ever use the default and feminine walk styles. I don't like the others but I don't mind them being there for others who enjoy them. The emotion/needs triggered walks are mostly amusing but I don't like the bladder one when the sim is an adult.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I don't mind the emotional walk styles so much, but I wouldn't mind a toggle or some choice to turn that off because there are some I don't like. Mostly I just want more walk styles to choose from because I only use default and feminine as it is now. I like the personality that was put into the walk style choices, don't get me wrong, it's just that only the two are really my style or something I can see myself looking at for any length of time. I'd love to have more.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    we just need more less exaggerated walk-styles.