Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living outdoors with a dog...

I decided to have a sim living in a tent with her dog, and a few basic things. This has slowly turned into a nightmare. The dog keeps getting into this bush where it fights a squirrel and every other time it gets sick and I have to take it to the vet. Which my homeless sim has a hard time affording. I tried deleting the romance bush thinking it was that but it’s still happening. (Which is a bummer because I didn’t want her to have an actual toilet yet) he also brings her like 5 gifts a day and gets sprayed by a skunk every two days or so but I can deal with that. I can’t afford all these vet trips though.

Is this by design since they don’t want dogs outside all the time? It’s getting a little ridiculous. I might have to get rid of her dog and I really don’t want to.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am of the opinion that they only intended for dogs to go outside for walking or pooping. Thus, no dog houses. So, they created "cute" little events like finding gifts and raccoon wrestling and a few others that work well for dogs kept inside all day long. But when you live outside, it becomes problematic. I haven't witnessed any dogs just enjoying the outdoors.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have determined the dog doesn’t function properly if you don’t have an actual house, I built
    a little shack and the dog functions totally normal now.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I decided to have a sim living in a tent with her dog, and a few basic things. This has slowly turned into a nightmare. The dog keeps getting into this bush where it fights a squirrel and every other time it gets sick and I have to take it to the vet. Which my homeless sim has a hard time affording. I tried deleting the romance bush thinking it was that but it’s still happening. (Which is a bummer because I didn’t want her to have an actual toilet yet) he also brings her like 5 gifts a day and gets sprayed by a skunk every two days or so but I can deal with that. I can’t afford all these vet trips though.

Is this by design since they don’t want dogs outside all the time? It’s getting a little ridiculous. I might have to get rid of her dog and I really don’t want to.

Just build a fence encloser put there food and bed there and lock it she they cant leave. It also depends on the traits of the dog, my sim had a mini kicked out of home event with her dog and he was super clingy to her but he also had the loyal trait. You should also just feed him the treats that keep there wellness up instead of seeing the vet its a lot cheaper.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    is there any sort of mod to quell a pet's desire to fight squirrels everyday three times a day? my cat has plenty of indoor space to lounge around in but he visits every single bush in a ten miles radius to fight squirrels and it's driving me a little cuckoo.
    6riwm5.png