Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An awesome save...

Have you ever had an awesome save that you played forever but ended up deleting due to space or just getting tired of it? Then years later, you wish you still had it to visit what exactly you did with your town and the sims in it? I wish I still had some of my saves from 2009 or 2010 when the game was new. Am I the only one?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I have always not been very good at playing any of my saves for very long but I do have a few that I wish that I would have kept.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I do have one family I wish I had saved. I think they might be on the external drive from where I placed things before my hard drive crashed. I was lucky enough to have some warning that it was going and did save a few things. I should check for them.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    It would be interesting to revisit the past...
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had a few from 2012 when I first started that I wished I could've kept though I had to delete them because they all ended up with corruption from children getting taken away by the NPC social workers and I was palying without Mods back then and others just got EC 12 or glitched out with the EA bugfest going crazy.I've got a few from 2013 that I am still able to play though on another Sims 3 folder.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Ugh! YES!! I still want to smack myself for deleting them. Connor/Caroline and their 6 kids, such a fun save from almost 3 years back. I stopped playing them for some reason deleted them and regretted it the second after I did it, I loved the house I built for them too, I may recreate it as I still remember it clear as day.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Yupp! Id love to go back and see my first sims. And I've lost some pretty cool houses being a little to quick with the delete button.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No. I am the opposite. I have hundreds of saves archived in folders because I may just want to play such-and-such a household again. I need to cull my saved games again - my game folder's getting too full. I am a saves packrat.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Yes. For some reason whenever a big patch happens that fixes some broken things, nothing gets fixed in that big save. I have to start a new game in order to see the effects of the patch. It’s odd. But every now and then I just have to start over.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I left all my early saves when I moved back to Australia a few years ago. I was not upset about it because I did bring all my CC and sim files. As long as I have my sim files, I am happy :) Even if a new save with the same sims doesn't go quite the same, it's not a problem since my style has changed over the years and I would probably spend more time fixing things than actually playing an old save.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Am I the only one who saves my saves on an external hard drive? Ugh. I can go back to -if not my first- but certainly to 2010! I just don't want to, I've been playing the same save since 2014... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I had my saves on my external HD but I dropped it and my HD will cost upwards of $1000 to recover... :(
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm still kinda playing my early save from 2010, I just gotta keep saving copies across multiple devices just in case. I really wish I could go back and save my TS2 save from being deleted though now that I have the UC.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't delete unfinished saves that haven't reached a natural end, as in the sims dying of old age, since I don't keep succeeding generations in the same household as their parents. I move them to a folder I made for saves I'm not currently playing. I did have one save where my original sim's husband died of old age, and she lived on and on after her life expectancy had passed. I finally couldn't play her anymore, because her life seemed too lonely, after being with her husband for so long. But I didn't delete her save either. She's still in my saves on hold folder, where I could return to her again, if I ever decide to. Not all of my saves on hold are on my computer. I have a removable hard drive for storage, and all of the older saves are on it.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've got several old external drives with old games. I don't know how far back they go. On one drive I recently copied to my backup drive I found the early saves for the game where Patience had 15 babies and I later used as the basis for my Big Game.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I recently found a save from about a year after I started playing, and decided I want to resume that one, sometime after I finish with my current household.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I have a save I want back that I deleted in January.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I don’t understand this ‘deleting saves.’ Never have I ever deleted a save! Why would you do that?!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I’ve kept saves of all my generations so I can always go back if I want to. Never did though (well, only when I need someone or something from a save, but never to play it). Everything in there is part of my current sim’s heritage and past, it can’t be replayed.
    5JZ57S6.png