Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy My first pet stuff as it is now?

Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
As the title suggests, would you buy My first pet stuff in it's current state?

I personally am not going to buy it, it isn't worth the money.

Would you buy My first pet stuff as it is now? 215 votes

Yes, i like the content that is provided.
12%
Writin_RegAlrynnSimburianBloosmooinvisiblgirlsimgirl1010robyngravesalanmichael1JennyggelelunicykittymeowlittlemissgogoEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlNeiacrazycat_135TheGoodOldGamersamemiegummybear0724comicsforlife 26 votes
No, it should have been part of the C&D ep.
57%
Akl500PnickibitswardGoldmoldaricmnfrshLukecudleybabysimSimaniacgirlCabelle1863missmani09Evil_OneMidiankeekee53WillowG145GoldenBuffyCynnamcorralXBanana00CreamXdrake_mccartySeraphicPinkbbeatifulboy 123 votes
No, it doesn't come with enough content for it's price.
22%
Tootsyim1Bluefairy286VkittyBagoas77cbartsch69simspeaker4kmhs73taydev06Bon06mannannaFrancl27XxAirixXLatinaBunnyjennihopeQueenMercysof2106lyraMarjiaBlueOvaleNoree_Doree 49 votes
Other
7%
LeGardePourprenolurkSimsister2004duhboy2u2DaemonPawsdrakharisBMSOgarapoesshnailehSims_4funnEmperorDittoStormsviewGamingTweetyperagogoHueyJefeCharlotta11sourgreendolly 17 votes

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I might have voted for the second option, but the ep is called "Cats & Dogs" and not "Pets" and I'm pretty sure the devs knew what they were doing when they decided the name of the pack.
    I would have bought the sp if there would have been pets I'm actually interested in, like birds and reptiles. There's nothing less interesting for me than some rodents, I find them boring in real life and I doubt that I would find them more interesting in a game.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Yes, I've purchased it.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2018
    Half of it should have come with C&D, the other half feels rushed or lackluster, and the third half I just don't like. It's simple math.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • domes05domes05 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm heavily thinking to buy but seriously I don't think it's worth the money, a little bit maybe. It's obvious I won't use that idiotic mouse outfit. And the content for sims is very poor. Other thing that personally I don't really play with pets it's a challenge to a game to play with them.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No, it should have come with C&D. Since Sims 1 when we've gotten cats and dogs the EP also came with minor pets. Why change now. It honestly makes no sense. This was just a money grab. If the Sp ever goes on sale for $2 that's when I'll possibly pick it up. But it's not worth anything since we already paid for it as an EP.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I'll get it later as the 7th dragon demo bumped down my interest in Sims stuff for the time being. The SP isn't going anywhwere in the meantime, lol.

I'm mainly interested in the CAS and CAP stuff, not so much in the gameplay item (hamster cage) this time. But the problem with the Sims is that I play that game several times a week since launch, so that even for the weaker packs (Luxury party, Perfect patio, GTW, CL) the cost/fun ratio over time has worked out in spades by now. Even if I had payed full price for the aforementioned packs (what I haven't).
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Already bought and being played with. I'm enjoying it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    Other
    I actually thought we were done with threads like this since the game has been out for half a week now. But I guess it’s possible some people still haven’t made up there minds yet so...

For me, I’ve already purchased it. My opinion of if I think it was worth it goes back and forth. The CAS items for humans are superfluous and aren’t even worth mentioning to me and I don’t put outfits on my pets, so it’s a total wash.

If you play a household with kids, then the hamster is useful. If you play a household with dogs/cats already, then the new pet items are useful. If your sim is a single guy with no kids no pets (which is who I’m playing with now) the only thing I added from the pack to his home is the fish table. It looks cool don’t get me wrong, but that’s it!

Take the Laundry pack for example, that was a new pack that added a new feature that I could add to all my households, every last one. For the Backyard stuff pack, I could add the water slide to every lot. For the Fitness Stuff Pack, I could add the new bathroom stuff or rock climbing wall (if I had the space) to every lot. Etc

It just seems to me this is the first pack I can think of we’ve had so far where I can’t just go in and add a couple new things to everyone’s house.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    No, I do really like the rodents and the fish coffee table but there is not enough in this pack for the price tag. The only way this pack will be added to my game is if I somehow get it free.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Already have it, and I'm getting a few more codes for it from Amazon whenever they get their act together and start selling it. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    No, never, I'm never going to be part of Ea/Maxis' attempt to milk and patronize it's customers gullibility by downgrading everything, re purposing everything, and then having the gall to slap a full charge price on it
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Where are the birds, reptiles, ferrets, and everything else? If they had the decency to make those I probably would have bought it.
    They could've also thought of something new, like adding alien critters, new ways to play with our pets, etc.
    What was released was probably just leftover scraps from Cats & Dogs. Shameful.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bananas....just bananas this stuff pack is.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    All the cats and dogs content should have been in the cats and dogs EP and if you take that from the pack well... It's left with almost nothing which is really upseting
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    As a large part of my first pet is stuff for cats and dogs, I do think it should have been included. Raccoons and foxes aren’t cats and dogs but they are in the pack after all.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    I actually thought we were done with threads like this since the game has been out for half a week now. But I guess it’s possible some people still haven’t made up there minds yet so...

For me, I’ve already purchased it. My opinion of if I think it was worth it goes back and forth. The CAS items for humans are superfluous and aren’t even worth mentioning to me and I don’t put outfits on my pets, so it’s a total wash.

If you play a household with kids, then the hamster is useful. If you play a household with dogs/cats already, then the new pet items are useful. If your sim is a single guy with no kids no pets (which is who I’m playing with now) the only thing I added from the pack to his home is the fish table. It looks cool don’t get me wrong, but that’s it!

Take the Laundry pack for example, that was a new pack that added a new feature that I could add to all my households, every last one. For the Backyard stuff pack, I could add the water slide to every lot. For the Fitness Stuff Pack, I could add the new bathroom stuff or rock climbing wall (if I had the space) to every lot. Etc

It just seems to me this is the first pack I can think of we’ve had so far where I can’t just go in and add a couple new things to everyone’s house.

There is one thing in CAS I do like a lot in this pack, and that's the onesies for toddlers. They're honestly very cute. I hate this pack so much in so many ways but I wonder if I'll stay strong and not buy it after all... I hate greyed out packs too.

So far the way it's released and what it intends to make simmers do is just very low to me overall... But the items? I understand why people like them. Like I said the onesies are cute, I want a small pet, I want that death, I like the kid room items a lot but I hate that they're cut/past C&D items, I like the rugs and I like the new hair styles.

So my problem is: principles? Or stuff? And frankly I hate to say it but after rewatching the reviews a gazillion times I think I would use this stuff a thousand times more than I use backyard stuff, perfect patio, or romantic garden. Which I use absolutely never. Except for the wind chimes.

So I'm conflicted... I'm very conflicted and I feel almost kind of guilty. It's the strangest feeling about a DLC I've had in my entire life so far.

ETA: let me be very clear here though, I do stand by everything I have said about this pack. I don't want to see this kind of thing ever again. I know me buying it would therefore send the wrong signal, but I do love this game and I want to have as much content for it as possible. And I hate EA for knowing this about us and taking advantage of it. The whole thing remains horrifying, so it would be a lot easier if the things in this pack were all ugly and useless.....
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2018
    There are a couple things in this pack that are tempting - the rodent disease/death and the aquarium table. But ultimately, it's not enough for me to buy this pack and I feel that it seems very skimpy even for a stuff pack and should have been part of Cats and Dogs.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2018
    It doesn't interest me in the slightest. Wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    edited March 2018
    No, and while it's cute, (that nuclear testing hamster made me laugh, but that's about it) they should have taken more time to add things.

This just feels like they wanted to try something new, as this wasn't even part of the winter quarterly teaser, and geez, It did it blow up in their faces.

If anything, like I said before in other places, this should have been a patch, not a pack, because there is not enough content in it to make it one.

An example is the Laundry Day pack which came out Jan.16th (which had maybe, 6-8 months of development? I could be wrong), there was just not enough time or content for another stuff pack to be made within that timeframe, and I've seen that there are furniture items that work WAY too well with the C&D expansion (the chair and the desk)

That is all.
  • cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    I made the mistake of buying this pack. I always thought that EA couldn't do any worse than they did with the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack (One new set of counters? Seriously?), but they managed it with this joke of a pack.

It looked like the rodents were going to be a lot more interactive than they are. you can just view them. You can hardly do anything with the rodents. Just feed them treats, "view" them and hold them for a bit. Supposedly they do fun stuff on their own, but unless you ignore your sims and just keep the view on the rodent cage as time passes, you'll just miss all of those. Overall, the rodents and their cages are barely interactive.

And to top it all of, wall-placed crawl tubes that made it look like you could design a unique crawl/play space for your rodent? They're flat, 2-D wall stickers that your rodent can't even use.

As it is, the rodent cages are just barely one step above the lousy fish tanks that don't allow you to add your own caught fish or feed them or anything. The aquarium coffee table made me think that they were FINALLY going to add in more interactive aquariums (they didn't). They also could've at least added in larger environments for all those frogs we can catch to keep them as long term pets, but they didn't.

PLUS, aside from the fact that they didn't add any other small critters like birds, snakes, lizards, etc., you'd think they'd have at least added one NEW item each to increase interactions and activities for cats and dogs--like a tug rope or bone to chew for dogs and something else fun for cats. They didn't.

And the odd pet beds, food dish, cat climber, litter box etc., mixed with the random pet-themed kid's furniture just made the whole pack seem like a hodgepodge of resurrected items deemed not good enough for the Cats & Dogs Pack.

I keep poking around, hoping I'm missing something great, but overall the pack feels pretty worthless and I'm feeling ripped off.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No and its ridiculous that we got an expansion named Cats and Dogs not Pets and they still managed to leave out content from it and sell it for even more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't dress up my pets so I saw no need to buy it.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    No. The small pets are a cute idea, but it's disappointing that they're only rodents and essentially just the same thing with a slight model change. I feel like the fact that nearly everything else in the pack requires Cats & Dogs just shows that it should've been included in the EP in the first place.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No. Not happy that it had caged animal in it that could of been added along with others to cats&dogs.
    It also as some content in it clearly part of a set in cats&dogs.

It feels like they were milking the pets caged animals feature.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon