Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they remove doorbell's?

I literally just noticed there are no more doorbell option.
I miss being able to upgrade doors to pick out different sounds.
[

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yeah doorbells are gone in 4. :|
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Oh, I actually forgot doorbells were a thing lol Im sure if people request it then the devs would bring them back in a patch!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    For some reason I thought they added doorbells in the Seasons expansion. Or was that the holiday lights...
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It's just one more little quirky thing that's missing from 4
    edited March 2018
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    For some reason I thought they added doorbells in the Seasons expansion. Or was that the holiday lights...

I think you could change the doorbell ring with seasons if you had the handiness skill.

Edit: not sure of it was seasons or generations
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited March 2018
    I didn’t know doorbells was a thing i just realized that they knock cause it scared me last night when i was playing and thought someone was at my door. Doorbells sound nice though wish we could have that i realllly miss being able to add Christmas lights automatically to homes i really hope that makes a comeback in sims 4 :)
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Oh, I actually forgot doorbells were a thing lol Im sure if people request it then the devs would bring them back in a patch!

I hope so I really thought it was a neat thing that gives homes personality Baha!
    @rekandtrs yesssss Sims 3 had doorbell changer when your handiness level was hight enough, It was great.
    [
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

What year? Because there have been several feedback request to return the doorbells, four years ago.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sipop wrote: »

I hope so I really thought it was a neat thing that gives homes personality Baha!
    @rekandtrs yesssss Sims 3 had doorbell changer when your handiness level was hight enough, It was great.

After all the years I've been playing these games I did not realise you could have door bells or change the style of them lol.
    I wish we did have them.

Also as others posted I loved the Christmas lighting we got on the edge of all roofs. It was a great feature from the sims 3 seasons.

Would love both to make a return.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »

After all the years I've been playing these games I did not realise you could have door bells or change the style of them lol.
    I wish we did have them.

Also as others posted I loved the Christmas lighting we got on the edge of all roofs. It was a great feature from the sims 3 seasons.

Would love both to make a return.

I agree about the Christmas lights on the edge of the roof! I love seeing all the houses change gradually through the hood. Im not sure if they would work as well with the sims 4 because of the roof trims?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 4 does not have doorbells, everone just knocks. Kind of like it that way, especially playing with headphones.
    Sims 4 does not have doorbells, everone just knocks. Kind of like it that way, especially playing with headphones.

Sometimes I can't hear the door knocks :/
    [
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sometimes I can't hear the door knocks :/

I also do not answer the door to univited guests after the welcome wagon ends. So, I always look for the people I invited over to knock anyway.
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I almost never hear the knocking. I usually have it where you can see through the walls, but not through to the outside.
    MrStrange wrote: »
    I almost never hear the knocking. I usually have it where you can see through the walls, but not through to the outside.

Yea I've found i often miss the door knocking. I will pan the camera around and notice sims randomly standing on my porch or outside the door. Never seem to hear the knock.
    edited March 2018
    No inercom for apartments either I also noticed. Surprised they didn't keep it for city living.
    Although I never have visitors while living in apartments...but I miss it.
    [
  • Hann23Hann23 Posts: 15 Member
    It seems so, it's a shame. That harsh knock at the door isn't that pleasant.
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 14 New Member
    R.I.P - The Sims doorbells.