Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Reviews My First Pet

12346...Next

Comments

• DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I've been having problems with the game, even when I take out all of my mods... never thought the game itself was causing them
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I liked LGR's review because he didn't try and sugar-coat things the way other prominent simmers on youtube had. If you watch youtube reviews of stuff packs, you're likely not just watching one, so I think it's fine not to go into all the details.

Also, I hope the anti-animal charity person understands the limitations of effective altruism.

Totally right. It's like they were payed to say things that EA want to listen. They just make me feel like I watch a kid excited in a candy store.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    happygurl wrote: »
    I guess I just don't get why his reviews are so waited for and are taken as gospel for so many simmers and other gamers. I tend to make up my own mind about things (not saying others don't, I just don't wait anxiously to see what LGR or any other reviewer is going to say about a particular game or pack).

I definitely wouldn't say they're "taken as gospel"... That's a little extreme honestly. He tells it like it is, plain and simple. He's also entertaining in his reviews, in my opinion. And theyre short and sweet. (I thought I'd watch a review yesterday, and it was 42 minutes long!?!? Who has time for that?)
    But you could say that about anything. I wait for new teen mom episodes every Monday, but do i take them as gospel? Uh, no.

Sure. What I find a lot ironic, is that his fandom do NOT like for anyone to have a extremely honest, negative opinions of him. Say anything that isnt praise of his opinion, or his brand and its pitchforks. But I thought ya liked honesty , lol. I clearly ruffled the feathers of one of his fervent fans when I said that he is a little bogus and he [the fervent fan] came back at me going through my post history, telling me what opinions I am allowed to have and all.

Edit:Also telling me that buying a gaming laptop is ridiculous for sims and just being rude.

I'm pretty sure you can report people for doing things like trying to tell you what opinions to hold or insulting you.
    Besides one angry fellow doesn't represent the LGR fan base.

As for the review:
    It wasn't as funny as normal in my opinion, but had some line that almost felt like they were out of my own head. Which was a little creepy at moments. :#
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I liked LGR's review because he didn't try and sugar-coat things the way other prominent simmers on youtube had. If you watch youtube reviews of stuff packs, you're likely not just watching one, so I think it's fine not to go into all the details.

Also, I hope the anti-animal charity person understands the limitations of effective altruism.

Totally right. It's like they were payed to say things that EA want to listen. They just make me feel like I watch a kid excited in a candy store.

Or maybe they just like the game. No one pays me - and you have to admit I often like the game and what's more actually enjoy playing it instead of finding constant approval to dislike it. Sometimes people who do videos of games did it because they like the game - long before EA gave them any recognition. I enjoy all the sims games eventually - it never fails. I don't look for ways to hate on my fave games - instead focus on what I love about it. Guess what - no one pay me to say it. I say it - because for me it is true. But keep that in mind -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    v12creator wrote: »
    candy8 wrote: »
    I agree with LG I did not buy this pack but I could see that it would be waste of money unless you want new outfits for you cat or dog. The whole Sims 4 really is bad in comparison to Sims 3 over all it is a joke.

Personally i think they are both flawed, Thesims3 has too much content but the sims thenselves are lackluster and the game is a buggy mess, Thesims4 has smarter sims and is more stable but lacks content, both suffer the whole experience due to basegame design decisions (Bad sims/Bad world design) and with constant cash grabs on part of the DLC cycle. Thesims3 with the store and Thesims4 with the stuff packs.

But i personally prefer smarter sims and Gamepacks to Thesims3 simpoints and bigger world even if it has more content so i must disagree and say thesims4 is better but not by a huge leap, honestly Thesims2 is still the better game in general, even with its ugly graphics and closed map.

EDIT : I am NOT buying this pack by the way as i, too,think it is rubbish.
    In what way are sims in 4 smarter? And what exactly is smart in a game anyway? My sims in 3 take care of themselves and when I don’t instruct them they do varied things. Most of the time I tell them what to do though, because it’s a game and I want to play it, not watch it. How much smarter do you want them to be? Sims 4 doesn’t have any bugs, I’ll give you that. Nobody complaining about that. Nor does the game need mods. </s>

As for Sims 2 graphics, maaaah..., I don’t know.

It is true. Thesims2 graphics are bad but it is a more fun game in my opinion, it is light on the computer, its the right amount of challenge at times and can be umpredictble in a good way. Thesims4 sims are "smarter" because their A.I behavior is way better than thesims3, i used to play at SunsetValley for most of my time, i would often find out that most sims are not doing anything, the sims tend outside my household tended to stay static at obnoxious places such as infront of the horse camp, get stuck on simple interaction due to pathing and in general behaving more like robots than people, for a people simulator that is a bad thing and Thesims4 is much better, but still not as good as Thesims2, in that regard.

As far as bugs go, i have every GP and EP for Thesims4 aside from the last two (Pets and Jungle) one or two Stuff Packs and cosmetic CC* but hardly got any bug ever aside from eventual minor lagg and i play it on a laptop, got bugs with thesims2 but only in windows 10 with the complete collection due to being an old game and my thesims3...needed mods to not destroy itself (Mind you,even when played on my high end desktop).

The problem with Thesims4 is not the bugs or the A.I its EA/Maxis obsessive greed with their DLC sales strategy and pricing as well as its constant lack of content because EA focus on stuff packs ratter than game and expansions packs for thesims4 because it wants to drain money from it and invest on things that will not work such as the new simsonline or whatever it is called because EA is too arrogant to admit mistakes.

[profanity removed by EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    jr73Y.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with LG I did not buy this pack but I could see that it would be waste of money unless you want new outfits for you cat or dog. The whole Sims 4 really is bad in comparison to Sims 3 over all it is a joke.

Personally i think they are both flawed, Thesims3 has too much content but the sims thenselves are lackluster and the game is a buggy mess, Thesims4 has smarter sims and is more stable but lacks content, both suffer the whole experience due to basegame design decisions (Bad sims/Bad world design) and with constant cash grabs on part of the DLC cycle. Thesims3 with the store and Thesims4 with the stuff packs.

But i personally prefer smarter sims and Gamepacks to Thesims3 simpoints and bigger world even if it has more content so i must disagree and say thesims4 is better but not by a huge leap, honestly Thesims2 is still the better game in general, even with its ugly graphics and closed map.

In what way are sims in 4 smarter? And what exactly is smart in a game anyway? My sims in 3 take care of themselves and when I don’t instruct them they do varied things. Most of the time I tell them what to do though, because it’s a game and I want to play it, not watch it. How much smarter do you want them to be? Sims 4 doesn’t have any bugs, I’ll give you that. Nobody complaining about that. Nor does the game need mods. </s>

It is true. Thesims2 graphics are bad but it is a more fun game in my opinion, it is light on the computer, its the right amount of challenge at times and can be umpredictble in a good way. Thesims4 sims are "smarter" because their A.I behavior is way better than thesims3, i used to play at SunsetValley for most of my time, i would often find out that most sims are not doing anything, the sims tend outside my household tended to stay static at obnoxious places such as infront of the horse camp, get stuck on simple interaction due to pathing and in general behaving more like robots than people, for a people simulator that is a bad thing and Thesims4 is much better, but still not as good as Thesims2, in that regard.

As far as bugs go, i have every GP and EP for Thesims4 aside from the last two (Pets and Jungle) one or two Stuff Packs and a shitton of cosmetic CC* but hardly got any bug ever aside from eventual minor lagg and i play it on a laptop, got bugs with thesims2 but only in windows 10 with the complete collection due to being an old game and my thesims3...needed mods to not destroy itself (Mind you,even when played on my high end desktop).

The problem with Thesims4 is not the bugs or the A.I its EA/Maxis obsessive greed with their DLC sales strategy and pricing as well as its constant lack of content because EA focus on stuff packs ratter than game and expansions packs for thesims4 because it wants to drain money from it and invest on things that will not work such as the new simsonline or whatever it is called because EA is too arrogant to admit mistakes.
    Sims 2 graphics in fact are more detailed in some respects than 3’s and 4’s. If you play on highest settings. And as for static and obnoxious behaviour, that’s probably your processor, not the game. I opened my game yesterday just to do some testing (see how FPS was doing). In IP. I zoomed out and zoomed in (testing) and at one point I zoomed in at the town center. It was late at night but I saw a sim walking there. Got curious (I recognized him, it was a former roommate of my sim) so I followed him. He went into the fire station, sat down and started to play a video game. After a while three other sims entered the building. They were all sims I had created when I started this generation to give my sim colleagues. I wanted her to be a firefighter so all these sims were firefighters (she was at home btw, sleeping). They started talking to each other. That’s my Sims 3 game, that’s how sims behave in my game. They constantly do stuff and they do different, varied stuff. But like I said, that is processor related. And as for mods, I played Sims 3 modless for 4 years but it’s absolutely true the 2 main NRaas mods (Errortrap and Overwatch) help the game big time. I just don’t think that’s any different for Sims 4 though. Adding DLC, the set up of this game, makes it vulnerable and bug sensitive. I’ve always been quite capable to live with it (making sure I always had backups I could return to) because I love the game. It’s annoying, bugs, sure, but not enough to totally spoil the experience. For that it doesn’t happen often enough. I think that will be the same for Sims 4 fans. I’d rather be absorbed in an occasionally buggy game than bored in a flawless game, that’s for sure.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even if an franchise is popular and one of the versions is just average as Sims 4 is, I will give credit or discredit when it deserves it and if it means the end of an franchise then so be it. Sim City 2013 deserved to fail because it was not what it was hyped to be. Sims 4 still lack the necessary features for me and I am not talking open world. I am talking about freedom to create my neighborhoods the way I want them to be, the ability to alter my lot sizes, etc and being Sims 4 can't have any of it. Sims 4 is average to me even if EA/Maxis makes a good pack, the pack is gimped like CL.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited March 2018

As far as bugs go, i have every GP and EP for Thesims4 aside from the last two (Pets and Jungle) one or two Stuff Packs and a shitton of cosmetic CC* but hardly got any bug ever aside from eventual minor lagg and i play it on a laptop, got bugs with thesims2 but only in windows 10 with the complete collection due to being an old game and my thesims3...needed mods to not destroy itself (Mind you,even when played on my high end desktop).

Sims 2 graphics in fact are more detailed in some respects than 3’s and 4’s. If you play on highest settings. And as for static and obnoxious behaviour, that’s probably your processor, not the game. I opened my game yesterday just to do some testing (see how FPS was doing). In IP. I zoomed out and zoomed in (testing) and at one point I zoomed in at the town center. It was late at night but I saw a sim walking there. Got curious (I recognized him, it was a former roommate of my sim) so I followed him. He went into the fire station, sat down and started to play a video game. After a while three other sims entered the building. They were all sims I had created when I started this generation to give my sim colleagues. I wanted her to be a firefighter so all these sims were firefighters (she was at home btw, sleeping). They started talking to each other. That’s my Sims 3 game, that’s how sims behave in my game. They constantly do stuff and they do different, varied stuff. But like I said, that is processor related. And as for mods, I played Sims 3 modless for 4 years but it’s absolutely true the 2 main NRaas mods (Errortrap and Overwatch) help the game big time. I just don’t think that’s any different for Sims 4 though. Adding DLC, the set up of this game, makes it vulnerable and bug sensitive. I’ve always been quite capable to live with it (making sure I always had backups I could return to) because I love the game. It’s annoying, bugs, sure, but not enough to totally spoil the experience. For that it doesn’t happen often enough. I think that will be the same for Sims 4 fans. I’d rather be absorbed in an occasionally buggy game than bored in a flawless game, that’s for sure.

You can belive whatever you want if that makes you happy, honestly my computer run games way more detailed and consuming than Thesims3 such as JustCause3 so honestly i just have to call bull on that. Honestly Thesims3 makes me bored anyway because of how the sims behave just spoils the fun i could have with it's vast content, the bugs are also frustating and did in fact spoil the experience as insult to injure in the end, but that is me and my firsthand game experience so you have to forgive me if i take it over your argument any day.

I also would like to point out that just a few sims in a whole town randomly walking on a specific lot just does not make it up honestly, thesims4 still does make a better job in that regard to the community lot activity and even more does thesims2 so (with 20 or more sims doing individual and group things on the same lot), perhaps its just that EA doesnt know how to balance both constant activity and an open ,editable map on thesims series, so the more open the world, the more dead it is, unless it is static in a way, like thesimsmedieval.

But as i said before, that is not the main problem here, the development team takes a lot of time to trow out a expansion or game pack and when they finally do it has been dissapointing for most part, i do have to say that their behavior toward the community , sales strategy and Expansion quality did really go down in the last year.
    jr73Y.gif

edited March 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Even if an franchise is popular and one of the versions is just average as Sims 4 is, I will give credit or discredit when it deserves it and if it means the end of an franchise then so be it. Sim City 2013 deserved to fail because it was not what it was hyped to be. Sims 4 still lack the necessary features for me and I am not talking open world. I am talking about freedom to create my neighborhoods the way I want them to be, the ability to alter my lot sizes, etc and being Sims 4 can't have any of it. Sims 4 is average to me even if EA/Maxis makes a good pack, the pack is gimped like CL.

SimCity2013 diserved to fail because it had an horrible and bad design and is just one of many games that prooves that:

online multiplayer+Maxis = failure

Darkspore,SimsOnline,SimsSocial,etc, you name it, all failures,

Honestly i still stick with the theory that thesims4 was meant to be an online game before the SimCity2013 fiasco nearly ran the studio to the ground then they remade it trying to apease the community in all cost at the start of thesims4 development but the basegame still had many many limitations in a similar fashion to the limitations SimCity2013 and ThesimsMedieval had, that would explain the lack of toddlers at start (Because each sim would be a player and that could generate controversy) the reason why the teens,adults and elders look alike so much (Because there were only adults and childrem like in TSM) and why the town is shaped the way it is and you cant edit it (Because it was meant as a common area so you could not edit it ) Naturally EA can't admit beign wrong so they instead made another cellphone thesims wich is probably what thesims4 was meant to be.

I still like thesims4 and wish for it to improove, i still think it is more fun than thesims3 but i know it could be better if maxis and EA had better point of views about things.
    jr73Y.gif

• cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    To me the Sims now already is lost - Its more like a friend that takes your money and gives back little in return, sells us broken items and refuses to fix them. The friend who was once comfortably plump but is now borderline 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

You can belive whatever you want if that makes you happy, honestly my computer run games way more detailed and consuming than Thesims3 such as JustCause3 so honestly i just have to call bull on that. Honestly Thesims3 makes me bored anyway because of how the sims behave just spoils the fun i could have with it's vast content, the bugs are also frustating and did in fact spoil the experience as insult to injure in the end, but that is me and my firsthand game experience so you have to forgive me if i take it over your argument any day.

I also would like to point out that just a few sims in a whole town randomly walking on a specific lot just does not make it up honestly, thesims4 still does make a better job in that regard to the community lot activity and even more does thesims2 so (with 20 or more sims doing individual and group things on the same lot), perhaps its just that EA doesnt know how to balance both constant activity and an open ,editable map on thesims series, so the more open the world, the more dead it is, unless it is static in a way, like thesimsmedieval.

But as i said before, that is not the main problem here, the development team takes a lot of time to trow out a expansion or game pack and when they finally do it has been dissapointing for most part, i do have to say that their behavior toward the community , sales strategy and Expansion quality did really go down in the last year.
    I made a video once of a Sims 3 party where I instructed nobody. I invited a bunch of sims over, pressed play and set back to see what would happen (even the one sim I controlled here I left to her devices).

Did this for someone stating similar things as you, normally I don’t play this way. But as you can see they’re far from just standing there doing nothing. First they all started dancing. The second time (I had to redo it because somehow my videos break when I record too long) they all chose to socialize (from a wide range of different options, not just blablabla) or use items (mixing, the juice keg and the pool table). So no, it’s not a matter of ‘believing’. It’s a matter of experience. Sure Sims 3 worlds aren’t crowded (it’s better when I send my sim somewhere, I get up to ten sims then; not always but I actually like that), but let’s not change your own subject: sims not doing anything. They are, even at night when your own sim is asleep. You can also tell in winter, when you take your sim to town and you see all the snowmen and igloos everywhere. What do they do in Sims 4? In my game most of the time they just walk by (in some mood related walking style) and that’s it. Or they in fact just stand there, doing nothing.
    5JZ57S6.png

I made a video once of a Sims 3 party where I instructed nobody. I invited a bunch of sims over, pressed play and set back to see what would happen (even the one sim I controlled here I left to her devices).

Did this for someone stating similar things as you, normally I don’t play this way. But as you can see they’re far from just standing there doing nothing. First they all started dancing. The second time (I had to redo it because somehow my videos break when I record too long) they all chose to socialize (from a wide range of different options, not just blablabla) or use items (mixing, the juice keg and the pool table). So no, it’s not a matter of ‘believing’. It’s a matter of experience. Sure Sims 3 worlds aren’t crowded (it’s better when I send my sim somewhere, I get up to ten sims then; not always but I actually like that), but let’s not change your own subject: sims not doing anything. They are, even at night when your own sim is asleep. You can also tell in winter, when you take your sim to town and you see all the snowmen and igloos everywhere. What do they do in Sims 4? In my game most of the time they just walk by (in some mood related walking style) and that’s it. Or they in fact just stand there, doing nothing.

Well, you did create the party, that was a player-induced behavior related to the party system in a way and i am talking about the iddle behavior when you are not touching the NPCs and they are moving on with their lifes (Or more precisely, not at all)one or two random npcs might be doing something, but should you use a mod to see what anyone else is doing they are probably just static on their home lot, but i do not need to convince you of anything, i am well aware you are a common defender of thesims3. In my opnion Thesims4 A.I works much better with Thesims4 world, even if they have their flaws.

To me the Sims now already is lost - Its more like a friend that takes your money and gives back little in return, sells us broken items and refuses to fix them. The friend who was once comfortably plump but is now borderline 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

The main problem with Thesims is the developer and publisher mindset, it has been the source of problems for the franchise ever since Thesims3. However if the community manages to press EA to get their crap together like it did after the release of the basegame then maybe there is still hope for the franchise.

jr73Y.gif

SimCity2013 diserved to fail because it had an horrible and bad design and is just one of many games that prooves that:

Honestly i still stick with the theory that thesims4 was meant to be an online game before the SimCity2013 fiasco nearly ran the studio to the ground then they remade it trying to apease the community in all cost at the start of thesims4 development but the basegame still had many many limitations in a similar fashion to the limitations SimCity2013 and ThesimsMedieval had, that would explain the lack of toddlers at start (Because each sim would be a player and that could generate controversy) the reason why the teens,adults and elders look alike so much (Because there were only adults and childrem like in TSM) and why the town is shaped the way it is and you cant edit it (Because it was meant as a common area so you could not edit it ) Naturally EA can't admit beign wrong so they instead made another cellphone thesims wich is probably what thesims4 was meant to be.

I still like thesims4 and wish for it to improove, i still think it is more fun than thesims3 but i know it could be better if maxis and EA had better point of views about things.

I agree with online feature and what is so ironic I brought the book with the game and the game was not behaving on most of the points the books was saying. No matter how I tried to balance my cities it would not work. Sims 4 is improving but it will never have features that would not have me waiting for EA/Maxis to give me such as the creation of lots or even my own neighborhoods and I look at that as disappointing. It would not have been disappointing if it was never introduced. also another thing to point out as these packs are introduced some folks are going to have to upgrade and for some lag is just waiting to pounce luckily not for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

I agree with online feature and what is so ironic I brought the book with the game and the game was not behaving on most of the points the books was saying. No matter how I tried to balance my cities it would not work. Sims 4 is improving but it will never have features that would not have me waiting for EA/Maxis to give me such as the creation of lots or even my own neighborhoods and I look at that as disappointing. It would not have been disappointing if it was never introduced. also another thing to point out as these packs are introduced some folks are going to have to upgrade and for some lag is just waiting to pounce luckily not for me.

For sure, remember Simport as well ? A complete trainwreck. On the other hand i was a supporter for the Thesims4 Create a World request , but allas i don't even know what happened to that thread. Thesims4 worst limitation is quite literally the same as SimCity 2013, the town is too small and we can't edit the terrain, on the other hand, each world does interact with each other unlike previous games but even so we cannot truly create our own.
    jr73Y.gif

edited March 2018

For sure, remember Simport as well ? A complete trainwreck. On the other hand i was a supporter for the Thesims4 Create a World request , but allas i don't even know what happened to that thread. Thesims4 worst limitation is quite literally the same as SimCity 2013, the town is too small and we can't edit the terrain, on the other hand, each world does interact with each other unlike previous games but even so we cannot truly create our own.
    The ability to interact with another neighborhood is one of the features I liked. I hated simport because even that did not work well, Sims 3 had its drawbacks for sure but some of the features was great for that time and if EA/Maxis tweaked it for Sims 4, Sims 4 would have been really great and maybe GOTY material( :) ) Oh yeah that feature never came out of beta, it was great that it was there but for some it had an steep learning curve, once you got it down it was an blast. :)
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

I have always watched LGR reviews because he tells it like it is. Swatches mean little to me. It is what is in the pack. This SP is just awful and seems overpriced because of the rehashed content and the content that should of been in Cats and Dogs. At this time I will pass just spent 40 dollars on two games (one that I feel is overpriced, but still offers more game play as a single no DLC game, than Sims 4 with all the sps, gps, and eps.). This seems a pretty greedy thing coming from EA (more than usual). So, yes I agree with LGR 100%.

I quoted this because it is true, Sims 3 and 2 Sims had more life and did not need to be controled (Like if I wanted to play a kid or pet, the other members of the household would continue on to do things..Had 1 daughter in one family that would paint on her own). Sims 4 AI is not smarter if you play a toddler, the rest of the household would just stand in one place.. or chat and play on the computer even ignoring their needs when in the red. This is why Sims 4 does not hold my interest long even when I love JA. Sims 4 does not have life.
    edited March 2018
    gamekitten wrote: »

I have always watched LGR reviews because he tells it like it is. Swatches mean little to me. It is what is in the pack. This SP is just awful and seems overpriced because of the rehashed content and the content that should of been in Cats and Dogs. At this time I will pass just spent 40 dollars on two games (one that I feel is overpriced, but still offers more game play as a single no DLC game, than Sims 4 with all the sps, gps, and eps.). This seems a pretty greedy thing coming from EA (more than usual). So, yes I agree with LGR 100%.

I quoted this because it is true, Sims 3 and 2 Sims had more life and did not need to be controled (Like if I wanted to play a kid or pet, the other members of the household would continue on to do things..Had 1 daughter in one family that would paint on her own). Sims 4 AI is not smarter if you play a toddler, the rest of the household would just stand in one place.. or chat and play on the computer even ignoring their needs when in the red. This is why Sims 4 does not hold my interest long even when I love JA. Sims 4 does not have life.

Are you sure you did not have the A.I configured wrong on the options ? My sim family acts so chaotically i have a hard time controlling them when i play with my 8sims household, playing with 7 toddlers is impossible. However i do agree with the whole rehash overpriced part, it is really a joke.
    The ability to interact with another neighborhood is one of the features I liked. I hated simport because even that did not work well, Sims 3 had its drawbacks for sure but some of the features was great for that time and if EA/Maxis tweaked it for Sims 4, Sims 4 would have been really great and maybe GOTY material( :) ) Oh yeah that feature never came out of beta, it was great that it was there but for some it had an steep learning curve, once you got it down it was an blast. :)

It really would not, there are some things that certain studios should not do, Maxis talent is with offline single player simulation, Thesims series is structured in a way that any online interaction added has an imense power to harm the flow and even the freedom of the gameplay, when the game becomes a team play instead of a one-person world the rules completely change.
    jr73Y.gif

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Even people who usually gush aren't too happy with the Pack.

I didn't think LGR's review was that great, and I don't feel too compelled to buy the pack myself.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Well, you did create the party, that was a player-induced behavior related to the party system in a way and i am talking about the iddle behavior when you are not touching the NPCs and they are moving on with their lifes (Or more precisely, not at all)one or two random npcs might be doing something, but should you use a mod to see what anyone else is doing they are probably just static on their home lot, but i do not need to convince you of anything, i am well aware you are a common defender of thesims3. In my opnion Thesims4 A.I works much better with Thesims4 world, even if they have their flaws.

The main problem with Thesims is the developer and publisher mindset, it has been the source of problems for the franchise ever since Thesims3. However if the community manages to press EA to get their plum together like it did after the release of the basegame then maybe there is still hope for the franchise.
    No, running a party in Sims 3 does not trigger party related behavior, it doesn’t work like the GT clubs system. All you do is make sure inactive sims come to your lot, but in no way do you influence their behaviour. They behave the way they’d behave anywhere. You were adressing ‘smartness’, that doesn’t mean inactive sims in their houses. But when you want to adress that, be my guest. In Sims 4 not only inactive sims do absolutely nothing in the background, even active sims at the other side of a loading screen do absolutely nothing. They don’t do their homework, they don’t eat, they don’t go to bed. Smart? Not really.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • metallicmetallic Posts: 1 New Member
    EA's standards have gone down an incredible amount - it doesn't seem like they even care about the players anymore. An expansion FOR an expansion? Man do I miss the Sims 2/3 days, when each pack was a notable and large addition and gave you many more options for play style. Packs like Pets, University, Seasons etc etc added large new features to the game and just made it more realistic and enjoyable overall. Now they release specific detailed packs - Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out - all these additions don't compete with packs for the previous games. Now they insist on milking more cash out of dedicated fans by asking for £10 for something that should have come with the Cate & Dogs expansion.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have closed this one down as it seems impossible for people to stay on topic in these threads.

You will also notice several comments are removed from the thread as they were discussing other forum members rather than the game/review.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top