Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Reviews My First Pet

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    First time all of our thoughts align.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I guess I just don't get why his reviews are so waited for and are taken as gospel for so many simmers and other gamers. I tend to make up my own mind about things (not saying others don't, I just don't wait anxiously to see what LGR or any other reviewer is going to say about a particular game or pack).
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Kudos for donating the 50 bucks.
    Call me cynical, but I can't stand the moral high ground at the end of the video. The rest of the review is okay.
    Being allergic to that kind of thing usually, in this case I completely can.

There is no doubt that donating money is nobler than spending it for videogames, but if we make this our philosophy we can close this forum now and throw our 4.295 expansion packs into the garbage. A moral statement like this has nothing to do in a review because with this argument you can kill every game (the complete content of TS2 and 3 included).
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Rather dull and not surprising in the slightest, but I'm idly curious what happens next with Ralph. :D
    I believe Ralph’s like a cat, he’s got nine lives :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    This review wasn’t as funny as the rest. I can understand why but still. I watch LGR to be entertained personally.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Rather dull and not surprising in the slightest, but I'm idly curious what happens next with Ralph. :D

Ralph was incinerated. Maybe he'll rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. For the next stuff pack.

He was sliced and diced before that and returned. Ralph is eternal!

I totally forgotten about the first time. Poor Ralph has been thru so much! Wonder what the next EA screw up will do to him?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Ralph was incinerated. Maybe he'll rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. For the next stuff pack.

He was sliced and diced before that and returned. Ralph is eternal!

I totally forgotten about the first time. Poor Ralph has been thru so much! Wonder what the next EA screw up will do to him?

Let's be honest here. The next SPs could be perfectly flawless and it wouldn't stop poor Ralph from being tortured. :D There literally just has to be more SPs.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I agree with all he said. The small animals are super cute, esp with their nightclub / their own adventures. I wish the small rodent disease was harder to get rid of, like you had to go on a quest to gather herbs to make a medicine or something more involved than just the vet to make it more dangerous. I liked in how TS1 the genie was basically a nightmare lol id like it like that
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I agree with all he said. The small animals are super cute, esp with their nightclub / their own adventures. I wish the small rodent disease was harder to get rid of, like you had to go on a quest to gather herbs to make a medicine or something more involved than just the vet to make it more dangerous. I liked in how TS1 the genie was basically a nightmare lol id like it like that

That would get pretty obnoxious quick after the first two or three times of doing it, even more so if you have larger families that contract it.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    happygurl wrote: »
    I guess I just don't get why his reviews are so waited for and are taken as gospel for so many simmers and other gamers. I tend to make up my own mind about things (not saying others don't, I just don't wait anxiously to see what LGR or any other reviewer is going to say about a particular game or pack).

I don't think most people just blindly listen to what he says. I think most people like his reviews because he has a way of analyzing and describing things that is unique. As several people have mentioned in here, he has a way of conveying what other people cannot or have difficulty with.
    I don't think people do that either, and I'm sorry if my comment came off that way. I just meant his reviews are taken to be the ultimate opinion on things sims by so many. He's considered the best reviewer out there by a lot of people.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Totally right with him. Hopefully the most people possible won't buy this SP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I'm sure he has several Ralph's.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I'm sure he has several Ralph's.

I said I'm going to look one day to see if anyone has a bunch of Ralph dolls for sale on eBay. Maybe they're from some old 70's collection or something.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I just watched it on Youtube today!

*stands up and applauds*

I couldn't have said it better myself, and I couldn't anyway. It also prompted me to watch his other review vids too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    jaxie086 wrote: »

I don't think most people just blindly listen to what he says. I think most people like his reviews because he has a way of analyzing and describing things that is unique. As several people have mentioned in here, he has a way of conveying what other people cannot or have difficulty with.
    I don't think people do that either, and I'm sorry if my comment came off that way. I just meant his reviews are taken to be the ultimate opinion on things sims by so many. He's considered the best reviewer out there by a lot of people.

Well I think the feeling that a lot people try to get across, he does it very easily. It's how he says it. Necessarily it's not exactly the "ultimate" opinion as much as it of a similar feeling. And well for me personally it's the overall honesty, now when I say "honesty" that's not saying the other youtubers aren't. I say this due to the fact that he's going to show you everything he's a fan of and some things he's not. After that it's up to the player to see if it's something for that. He's always done this, even for the other iterations, and he hasn't held any punches.. As he's usually going through what he sees and how he sees it. Some of those points/features could just as easily allow someone to buy a pack, while other points could sway it away. That's technically not on LGR's part, it's the things he mentioned.

People also enjoy the fun witty way he has of making something (for example the uproar with this pack) into something funny and something we can all come together and say "Well regardless of how you feel about this pack, that LGR video was funny"

Personally, he pretty much conveyed my feelings towards the pack. And I get yes "This go around stuff packs are the store." but I personally think it's a sad day when a stuff pack steeps this low. A store fine, it was extra, extra content that unless I really liked, never truly bothered with. I didn't have to, like most said here, I was a completionist of "packs" at that time. But when you make something like this into packs, it ultimately (for me at least) yields you from really wanting to collect packs, and TS4 has been one of the big first for me. And LGR didn't have a play in that :lol: .

Though last week I had decided to buy my son a hamster instead of buying the pack. Soo I guess in a way people found their own way to make a positive out of the pack <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Deep breaths, me.

Okay, this review feels really, REALLY lazy to me. Simply put, LGR skims over pretty much everything in favour of concentrating on telling us that not the entire pack can be played without the C&D expansion. Kind of missing the fact that people WITH the C&D expansion are the ones it's aimed at, skimming over the gameplay object in three seconds, not showing the many, many MANY swatches for the items, which is a shame because most of them actually change the shape of the item.

Now I'm glad that LGR speaks his mind and doesn't squee like a fangirl. But I don't think of this as a review. More like another rant about MFP (some of which make reasonable points), and we have plenty of those. His just came out AFTER the game was released.

I mean, this was a Stuff Pack. I knew from the start that he wouldn't advise anybody to get it.

Also, that $50? WHY? A guy already has C&D and thought it was pretty good, then bought MFP... How about he start a trend of donating that $50 to a children's charity instead? Cuz y'know, FIRST PET? All that kid-based stuff? It was a publicity stunt.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Disagree as you will. He's supposed to review the pack, not the way EA takes advantage of loyal customers. We already know they do that. Also, a lot of people rely on his reviews. A good review shouldn't leave a person uninformed and needing to look up other reviews to learn the whole truth - good or bad. That's the whole point of a review.

For an item like the Rodent Rug... well, that's downright misleading, because it swatches into multiple animals and shapes. Some pet beds also have multiple shapes and markedly different designs, and he doesn't mention this.

He also says "This stuff just acts as a constant teaser to buy more content so you don't feel left out and I assume thats's the point." Yeah, it kind of is - definitely is, in fact - but you don't buy Cats&Dogs to be able to use another pet bed that came in the expansion - you buy it to play with Cats&Dogs. I mean, it keeps Cats&Dogs in the light but it's not holding a gun to your head simply because it's so specifically aimed at people who did buy Cats&Dogs and even then I'm sure most people can live without a hamster in their lives.

The Gameplay object, ultimately the most important object in any SP, got like, a minute, and the disease - considering that people have been asking for more deaths - got about thirty seconds. Compare about four minutes spent ranting about EA, and how it takes almost two minutes at the start to get to the actual game content - about half of this is spent assuring us that LGR doesn't hate The Sims.

Gotta say a lot of that furniture totally annoys me though. Okay, NOW I am convinced that there was stuff directly stripped from the C&D pack. You want to get cross about any aspect of the pack? Get cross about THAT. No wonder this pack came out so fast.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top