Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living idea of being able to put up notes for looking for a roommate?

Olwyncfoxsimmer1Olwyncfoxsimmer1 Posts: 27 Member
I been playing on the sims and I was thinking to myself it ashame that they cannot advertise for room mates and know people may why don’t you just crate a sim and add it to your house hold and it would be like in real life people are always looking for someone to share their living spaces with.

Comments

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    That’s an idea I’d love to see. Most of the time I feel like the devs get absorbed in drawing the big picture with expansions that they forget to color in the small details, too. I wonder if they’d ever take our suggestions and implement them.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    That would be fun.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    They could have a noteboard thingy out in the hall, and when you click on it to 'look for roommates', a similar UI to restaurant/store employees could come up to select from. :) Maybe they could even 'live' in the apartment similar to how employees operate, doing automated tasks to refill needs or have jobs and all that.

Gotta work within systems already in place in the game if you realistically want to see this happen, afterall.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LovelyLanaLovelyLana Posts: 5 New Member
    That sounds awesome. Or if they could search for roommate ads in the newspaper would be cool too. Hope it'll come as an update or something.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    This is a super cute idea!! I would love to have random roomates instead of creating them myself!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    and not being able to 'get to know' until the roommate moves in so you don't know what you're getting. Such drama potential.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I don't like using mods as I find them unpolished and usually come with a game breaking feature I notice in abour 2 hours of installing them, but this would be an awesome feature that could hopefully come someday in a pack or monthly update! I'd love to be able to receive calls on my sim about a roommate ad I put up, sounds cute.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if your sim doesn't live in San Myshuno? What if you don't have CL? What if your sim lives in WC or BB? Where do they post for roommates? I think you're right, it would be easier and smarter just to pull a sim from the gallery or create a random sim and move them in. You get the same amount of drama from not knowing the new sim ahead of time. All this posting for a roommate is silly and so unnecessary.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    LovelyLana wrote: »
    That sounds awesome. Or if they could search for roommate ads in the newspaper would be cool too. Hope it'll come as an update or something.

or a phone interaction that could be "post ad for roommate" or a social interaction on the computer - like finding a pen pal, but someone to stay in your house.
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman