Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SEASONS

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    PS: I've noticed they tend to combine packs that were separate in the older versions of Sims, so I wonder if it's going to be a combination EP with Uni. I could totally see them releasing a "Get to Class" pack that includes fall activities and winter snowstorms.
    That would make no sense to me tbh. Why would they combine university and seasons? They have nothing to do with each other at all.

Yes don't give them wrong ideas! :D I just want a simple, traditional Seasons EP with all the features we got in previous Seasons EPs. :)

And another new world with it. Even an empty one.

Seasons is too big to include a world.

Do you mean for The Sims 4? The Sims 2: Seasons had Riverblossom Hills.

Sims 3 did not include a world and it was the biggest, most elaborate seasons of all. S4 will probably not have a world either.
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    Maybe they'll tweak PlantSim's when they do Seasons, too. Give them a few more quirks. That could be a neat little addition.
  • Bad_AppleBad_Apple Posts: 16 Member
    I really hope they spend more time creating Seasons, so the wait isn't that big of a deal to me. The other expansions have been kind of lacking in my opinion.
    <3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not only have I seen 'Hints' in game about seasons but on some social media such as Twitter and Facebook, saying that seasons is being worked on.. YAY can't wait, but I have a feeling that it won't come out until the end of this year towards October Halloween. I hope it comes out sooner than, that like this summer.

I'd say September at earliest.

An FYI
    I hope Seasons comes with carnivals and carnival rides.
    Not only have I seen 'Hints' in game about seasons but on some social media such as Twitter and Facebook, saying that seasons is being worked on.. YAY can't wait, but I have a feeling that it won't come out until the end of this year towards October Halloween. I hope it comes out sooner than, that like this summer.

An FYI

Why would they take up space in a seasons pack for carnivals?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    PS: I've noticed they tend to combine packs that were separate in the older versions of Sims, so I wonder if it's going to be a combination EP with Uni. I could totally see them releasing a "Get to Class" pack that includes fall activities and winter snowstorms.
    That would make no sense to me tbh. Why would they combine university and seasons? They have nothing to do with each other at all.

Yes don't give them wrong ideas! :D I just want a simple, traditional Seasons EP with all the features we got in previous Seasons EPs. :)

Sims 3 did not include a world and it was the biggest, most elaborate seasons of all. S4 will probably not have a world either.
    I hope you're right I'm tired of giving up features in expansions to get a new world to do nothing in. Seasons should be all about giving us stuff to do in the worlds we have a new world would just take away from that mainly the time and budget used to develop it would be taken from the things we are really looking forward to.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I hope you're right I'm tired of giving up features in expansions to get a new world to do nothing in. Seasons should be all about giving us stuff to do in the worlds we have a new world would just take away from that mainly the time and budget used to develop it would be taken from the things we are really looking forward to.

Agree. Instead of having another new world I'd rather love them to introduce a lot of (new) seasonal activities instead.

Imo Seasons does not need a new world.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yeah, looks like they’re sticking to one EP a year, unfortunately. And as much as I want Seasons, I’d be livid if it came out half finished because they released it too soon. I’ll wait until November if I have to if it means more gameplay instead of clutter items and snow flurries. That being said, I’m absolutely hype for weather.

Every EP feels half finished even with the year waiting.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

An FYI

They could replace seasonal festivals with carnivals.

An FYI

Carnivals, as you have described in other threads, would be far too expansive to include in an already huge EP.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I'm definitely hype about Seasons but I agree with everyone saying it's best if they take their time and release a high-quality EP. I'd rather not have a new world; it would suck up too many resources and as @Dannydanbo pointed out, TS3's Seasons didn't have a new world and it was fabulous.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »
    I'm definitely hype about Seasons but I agree with everyone saying it's best if they take their time and release a high-quality EP. I'd rather not have a new world; it would suck up too many resources and as @Dannydanbo pointed out, TS3's Seasons didn't have a new world and it was fabulous.

I’m petty sure they’ll make it like city living minus the apartments but with the festivals spawning. The thing is yes it will take more resources but they have a tamplet of a world that spawns festivals already. To add that to existing worlds we already have would be more work then just taking the world itself and adding other things in it. All the past ep and gp we had in the past we’re just to lay grounds for that certain feature. This is why I believe jungle adventures world was bigger. They already had the vacation aspect down so they had a chance to make a decent size beautiful world.

An FYI

Carnivals, as you have described in other threads, would be far too expansive to include in an already huge EP.

No not really. All they'd have to add is 4 rides and the festival activities.

An FYI

All of which takes up a huge amount of space and pushes other seasons stuff out. I don't want packs combined. It will just lessen each one.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    honeywitch wrote: »

I’m petty sure they’ll make it like city living minus the apartments but with the festivals spawning. The thing is yes it will take more resources but they have a tamplet of a world that spawns festivals already. To add that to existing worlds we already have would be more work then just taking the world itself and adding other things in it. All the past ep and gp we had in the past we’re just to lay grounds for that certain feature. This is why I believe jungle adventures world was bigger. They already had the vacation aspect down so they had a chance to make a decent size beautiful world.

I'm far from knowledgeable about making a new world, but imo it's far better for them to focus on weather systems and new gameplay instead of using resources for a new world, no matter what template they have to work with.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don’t really care all that much what is or isn’t in the pack as long as it has:
    4 seasons
    Adjustable season length and ability to enable or disable certain seasons
    Seasons in all worlds

That is all. I’ll be satisfied with whatever else they choose to include. I find it plausible to see a natural disasters pack including extreme weather if we get Seasons first. At least that’s the good thing about releasing the my first pet pack... we know they can release a pack based on another pack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Looking at what has been and may or may not be possible, let's think about the festivals as someone mentioned. Considering they said it would be difficult to change existing saves of the worlds we have now, then does this apply to spawning seasonal festivals? It might. That might mean they would have to build a new world or destination where any type of festival could be held. I mean as someone mentioned look at CL and it's problems with spawning festivals. I don't think they would want those problems in existing worlds and or messing up existing saves. So, they may have to build a new world if they have any festivals at all. It might be too much trouble to try to get all that to work correctly or maybe no festivals at all this time?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member

An FYI

An FYI

You must not have seen those ginormous roller rinks that came with TS2 Seasons. Who puts a roller rink in their house???
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    FWIW, I think Get Together was the best EP any of the Sims franchises ever released.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    FWIW, I think Get Together was the best EP any of the Sims franchises ever released.

The fact they made the club system as good as they did I’d say it was a huge game changer. I know everyone is hating on cats and dogs but in my opinion it was very flushed out. I do agree there wasn’t as many features but they really flushed out the cats and dogs. It’s like they all have individual personalities of their own.

I really hope they add something fresh and different in seasons and more stuff for our sims to own. Cars, boats, hotels, other homes and such.

An FYI

Agreed.

edited March 2018

Really.

I like it a lot but

OFB

Best ever for me.

Then.

Showtime
    Seasons
    World adventures
    Supernatural
    Ambitions

• EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member

I really hope they add something fresh and different in seasons and more stuff for our sims to own. Cars, boats, hotels, other homes and such.

Those aren't seasons things though. Regardless, I completely agree I hope we don't get a world either and get the best Seasons EP with no excuses of not having enough resources to do it right. I want umbrellas and rain coats and pets reacting to the weather and power outages and thunderstorms that set the trees on fire, swimmable oceans and floaties and sandcastles and jumping in leaf piles. EVERYTHING.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

Those aren't seasons things though. Regardless, I completely agree I hope we don't get a world either and get the best Seasons EP with no excuses of not having enough resources to do it right. I want umbrellas and rain coats and pets reacting to the weather and power outages and thunderstorms that set the trees on fire, swimmable oceans and floaties and sandcastles and jumping in leaf piles. EVERYTHING.

Very much this. Also a weather channel that predicts the weather for tomorrow and if your sim gets caught in the rain without an umbrella they get miserable.

And how about a temperature gauge? If it's very hot or very cold your Sim might have to take precautious when they go outside.

Winter is the season with most things to do, but I don't want spring and summer to get left out this time.

I want all the plants to be affected by the seasons, not just covered in a layer of snow.

And new traits that relate to weather.

And an empty world.

When I think about swimmable oceans, I'm not sure how that would work. It would require the functional altering of towns that have seasides. And a decision of exactly where you'd be allowed to swim to.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Outer wear was already apart of the game since OTR but I saw witches on the S4S apps since I make tattoos from time to time. I also take back part of my earlier statement. The outer wear however only has two outfits in that selection unless you down load clothing mods.

I checked mine and I think it has 4 male outfits and I don't have CC