Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Totally wrong time of year but.. [elder sim appreciation thread]

Comments

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Thank you to everyone for sharing your wonderful pictures!! Seasons is an absolute must have in game for me. So I love seeing all your screenshots! :smiley:
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I still love this shot!
    One early autumn morning, Grandma got up before the sun (as grandma's do) and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat and enjoyed the silence before the bustling house came to life. She lit the candles (CC candles that I am in LOVE with) and just enjoyed the falling leaves and the sound of the brisk wind against the windows as she sipped in some warmth and comfort, knowing her loved ones all slept soundly above her head.

29101736_10101417536952280_1801313544549957632_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGbmkqLV7GqfMFUyggg16U9Cj9hj1rUW5bTi0xztuMc6HTi_HEJczU9vASYJbWTo1U2htfJwll87RUFE_MSr14y5-up8w6vqrUq9UJbJzAN_g&oh=74285b1b1d89b13a3edd2bf6e72b1ecd&oe=5B002759

I LOVE THIS GAME.

She looks So beautiful <3
    Awe, that's so sweet @TS1299 she does, doesn't she?
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @KatyJay88 Although I am not a grandmother (due to starting a family when most of friends were already or close to being grandmas), I know I like to wake early and enjoy my coffee in a silent house before my son rises. I also enjoy watching the changing seasons. I have been noticing the trees changing colour on my daily walk and love the crispness of an Autumn morning. Your image is lovely :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Awe, that's so sweet @TS1299 she does, doesn't she?

Yep She is. I love how the natural the she looks at. So Beutiful <3<3
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @KatyJay88 Just perfect! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Love the candles too :)

Great pic too :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Anything that takes me from the U.K.'s snow in MID MARCH! absolutely mental..

p.s. lovely photo
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    I've got a few pictures to contribute to this! Now that I'm finally a full member I can be included too!

My sims are currently in university and I noticed this cute gathering of elderly sims having a lovely picnic in the summer, on the day before classes start.

uc?export=download&id=1TcQfL-KHDFY_Kxx94cvmgJBfaaHxPve7

Here's my sim couple watching the stars at The Point during early autumn.
    uc?export=download&id=1LTm5wVfbk3kjQF3IRPMVQ0Tzpp7UoQUw
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love seasons too and in my game we are roughly 10 days before Summer whereas here the Spring has just been welcomed yesterday. So not the wrong time too. ;)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've got a few pictures to contribute to this! Now that I'm finally a full member I can be included too!

My sims are currently in university and I noticed this cute gathering of elderly sims having a lovely picnic in the summer, on the day before classes start.

uc?export=download&id=1TcQfL-KHDFY_Kxx94cvmgJBfaaHxPve7

So glad that you can share pictures now! I love that you found some old dudes just sitting around having a picnic and discussing dirty dishes and enjoying sim life. :) I find it quite enjoyable to just wander the camera all over town to see what is going on, and then finding something like this.

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's the food wagon patrolling around Storybrook County,Maine halfway though fall in 1552.
    40203578274_73901b913c_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited March 2018
    All of your posts are heart warming and lovely :heart:

I absolutely LOVE that this is turning into an elder sims appreciation thread!

Shall I change the title? Or leave it? Thoughts?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    All of your posts are heart warming and lovely :heart:

I absolutely LOVE that this is turning into an elder sims appreciation thread!

Shall I change the title? Or leave it? Thoughts?
    I was just literally thinking that (except for the title thing, that’s up to you haha), it’s really a heartwarming and natural development after your lovely OP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Screenshot-43.jpg

My elder sims are usually quiet and retiring...they just enjoy spending time with each other...and watching their grandkids grow up. (It's the height of summer in my story at the moment).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited March 2018
    Although I adore my elders, I don't have Seasons installed so I have nothing to contribute to this thread but it is a lovely idea :)
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @Mikezumi Perma-Summer is a season too ;)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would love to have elders living in my town though it won't happen for some time because Storybrook was only first settled a few years ago and it would take at least a few decades in simyears to get to that stage where some have become elders.It's an old time game set in the 16th century with a fishing colony settled in North America.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • wen15wen15 Posts: 149 Member
    @KatyJay88 I absolutely love that picture- she looks so relaxed, serene, happy...And the orange leaves on the window and the color scheme of the kitchen + those beautiful candles!
    I'm really excited for spring to go by so that summer is here, but dang that pic also makes me look forward fall and cinnamon tea ^^
    Manila_and_Jason_Wedding_sig.jpg
    Awe @wen15 I'm so glad granny gives you all the fall feels! :heart:

And ALL pictures and comments are welcome! Whether you're just admiring, or contributing - I appreciate either :smile:
    One of my elders, Beathan, enjoying the trampoline in Sunset Valley's perma-Summer ;)
    27111079728_5aca7b3897_o.jpg
    40940294452_66981635d4_o.jpg
    27111075158_b03f28713a_o.jpg
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    I love elders. Its one of the most underrated life stages.
  • wen15wen15 Posts: 149 Member
    @Mikezumi I love how Baethan still looks very young, and from those pictures it's evident he's got a young heart too :)
    Manila_and_Jason_Wedding_sig.jpg