Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Totally wrong time of year but.. [elder sim appreciation thread]

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
I still love this shot!
One early autumn morning, Grandma got up before the sun (as grandma's do) and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat and enjoyed the silence before the bustling house came to life. She lit the candles (CC candles that I am in LOVE with) and just enjoyed the falling leaves and the sound of the brisk wind against the windows as she sipped in some warmth and comfort, knowing her loved ones all slept soundly above her head.

29101736_10101417536952280_1801313544549957632_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGbmkqLV7GqfMFUyggg16U9Cj9hj1rUW5bTi0xztuMc6HTi_HEJczU9vASYJbWTo1U2htfJwll87RUFE_MSr14y5-up8w6vqrUq9UJbJzAN_g&oh=74285b1b1d89b13a3edd2bf6e72b1ecd&oe=5B002759

I LOVE THIS GAME.
Post edited by JayandMeeka on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    That is awesome! :)

Just wanted to point out though, it's not the "wrong time of year" for players in the southern hemisphere. Autumn would be just about to begin for them or summer just ending anyway. For the rest of us...well, I was so happy to see a squirrel frolicking around in the park just the other day. Haven't seen those in months. But it's supposed to snow again tonight where I am, phooey I love winter generally but enough already! :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Ah, very true @igazor thanks :smiley:

I know! It’s snowing for me right now too. Soft and pretty, but I am ready for those warm summer days.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    No, keep the unseasonal pics coming! Show me Grandma loving the summer sun :D or at least Grandma enjoying anything but snow lol
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I know, winter is such a drag. In the next couple of days it's going to drop below 60º here and start to rain. Again! I'll take September's tanning weather any day. I don't know how much more of this I can stand...
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LOL, is there no end to how much suffering a human can endure...below 60! :o
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Beautiful picture. Capturing a moment of peace and tranquility is timeless!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited March 2018
    Nice pic! :smiley: I love the seasons and weather. I can almost smell the air in the game, especially when it rains.

igazor wrote: »
    That is awesome! :)

Just wanted to point out though, it's not the "wrong time of year" for players in the southern hemisphere. Autumn would be just about to begin for them or summer just ending anyway. For the rest of us...well, I was so happy to see a squirrel frolicking around in the park just the other day. Haven't seen those in months. But it's supposed to snow again tonight where I am, phooey I love winter generally but enough already! :/

That's true! But always remember that they don't have Christmas down there in their winter. That would have been great for tourism, though. Squirrels are nice! :smiley: But I love most animals. One of my spooders didn't recognise me when I got home today, so she ran and hid under her paper tent. Then seconds later: ºº *peek* :blush:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I still love this shot!
    One early autumn morning, Grandma got up before the sun (as grandma's do) and grabbed a cup of coffee and sat and enjoyed the silence before the bustling house came to life. She lit the candles (CC candles that I am in LOVE with) and just enjoyed the falling leaves and the sound of the brisk wind against the windows as she sipped in some warmth and comfort, knowing her loved ones all slept soundly above her head.

29101736_10101417536952280_1801313544549957632_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGbmkqLV7GqfMFUyggg16U9Cj9hj1rUW5bTi0xztuMc6HTi_HEJczU9vASYJbWTo1U2htfJwll87RUFE_MSr14y5-up8w6vqrUq9UJbJzAN_g&oh=74285b1b1d89b13a3edd2bf6e72b1ecd&oe=5B002759

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Perfect time of year for me - Autumn is just starting here and it's beginning to be pleasantly cool most days - just wish the rain would stop for a while.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @KatyJay88 Anytime is a great time for a Sims 3 picture of any season. Thanks for sharing a lovely moment. <3 But, I must ask, who says grandmas get up before dawn? Maybe if they have insomnia. I work in a healthcare setting, and as a general rule, I better not even think about calling grandma or grandpa before about 10:30. I'm rapidly approaching grandma-hood, too, and were it not for work, I wouldn't be up either. The phone wouldn't bother me, though, because I never answer it. :D

@puzzlezaddict What I wouldn't give for your 60 degrees and even rain about now. Very tired of winter at the moment. It has worn out its welcome with me (not that I ever really like it).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses Very true! Always a good time haha. But my grandparents were always early risers. And it's a common thing where I live to see seniors more active in the mornings :smile: Hopefully no offense was taken, as I didn't mean it in a negative way :wink:
    And I am definitely the same - I will not get up before 10am if I don't have to!
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Beautiful picture. Capturing a moment of peace and tranquility is timeless!

Awe, thanks! I feel like I did. I love gaming sessions where I get that involved and immersed in my game, I almost feel like I'm there.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    No offense at all :) And I hope you didn't take any at my reply.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    No offense at all :) And I hope you didn't take any at my reply.

Nope! But with text it's always hard to tell so I just thought I would mention. :smile: It's the Canadian in me - overly polite lol!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited March 2018
    You have spooders? :D@Cororon :D I relocate them if I see them hanging around. My wife is absolutely deathly afraid of spooders. :D That's probably because her grandma got bitten by a black widow. Me I love jumping spooders. :D They're so stinkin' cute. We have Orb Weavers hanging around the house all the time. I relocate them when they attach their web to my car. One attached her web from the house to the bumper of my car. Evidently the poor thing got sling-shotted to the roof of the house when I pulled out of the driveway. Ooops.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    That's a lovely shot! There's never a bad time for unseasonal pics.
    Daylight savings time just began here and it started snowing last night and it was freezing today. Isn't it almost spring?! :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    It's seasonal for me. All of the leaves are just starting to turn red here. :)
    I love how quiet it sometimes gets at night and Seasons has excellent sound design in my opinion.
    Grandma looks so peaceful :smile:
    You have spooders? :D@Cororon :D I relocate them if I see them hanging around. My wife is absolutely deathly afraid of spooders. :D That's probably because her grandma got bitten by a black widow. Me I love jumping spooders. :D They're so stinkin' cute. We have Orb Weavers hanging around the house all the time. I relocate them when they attach their web to my car. One attached her web from the house to the bumper of my car. Evidently the poor thing got sling-shotted to the roof of the house when I pulled out of the driveway. Ooops.

Yes, I have two female Steatoda bipunctata spooders with cobwebs since autumn (on topic!) :smiley: They are related to the black widow but are harmless. I would normally take spiders outside, but the climate would kill them this time of year. I love jumping spiders too! :open_mouth::heart: They are so cute and curious. My spooder avatar is from this series. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTlCRQaYUDA
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2018
    Autumn is the best season! Very nice picture OP. :)

Sorry for going off topic... @Cororon Have you seen Lucas the Spider? I love spiders! Even if they frighten me sometimes... (We get a lot of big wolf spiders here.) Relocating them is little scary but I'm willing to do it since my husband would rather kill them. @Nikkei_Simmer Orb Weavers are gorgeous.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    We have a couple of Steatoda grossas in our house downstairs in the laundry room, I keep moving the little buggers out, but they keep coming back in. Silly spooders.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    We're about to start spring soon in real life and my 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County is about to start into the witner of 1552 in the Maine area though it's set back in colonial times and the settlers there are all bust getting food preserved with the canning station to prepare for a long hard winter that's coming very soon.
    @KatyJay88 -I love seeing out of season pictures as that might be th season our game is in currently.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't have Seasons enabled right now but granny is enjoying her last days in my game soaking up the sun. B)
    tumblr_p44p7fCc0F1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    A dip in the pool as the sun goes down.
    tumblr_p3uqbgAg881ssiu0eo1_1280.png

She really does wear her swimsuit most of the time. I can't make her stay in her everyday outfit. It's not a glitch, she just finds excuses. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This was from last year in Storybrook County as they started the next winter in town and it was the first one for the Ivanovitch family in Storybrook.
    The town of Storybrook County,Maine was having their first blizzard of the winter season in 1551.The temperature had dropped to -18*C and the wind was steady at 75mph with gusts to 100mph in that blizzard which had closed the roads down to traffic and halted the food wagon service for the season.
    29667984022_eb6fe26a8d_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    The only thing I don't like about autumn in the game is the autonomous raking. I'm sure a tuning mod can stop that, but I try to see it as a chore that has to be done. The coldest autumn days aren't the best for gardening, but my grandsim Natalie had a green house built. Could have used those "carpets" from ITF but I had her plant the seeds outdoors and then I moved them inside the green house with moveobjects on.

QTJhohN.jpg
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Autumn is the best season! Very nice picture OP. :)

Sorry for going off topic... @Cororon Have you seen Lucas the Spider? I love spiders! Even if they frighten me sometimes... (We get a lot of big wolf spiders here.) Relocating them is little scary but I'm willing to do it since my husband would rather kill them. @Nikkei_Simmer Orb Weavers are gorgeous.

Yes I have! I'm subscribing to his channel. I'm not logged in on Youtube that often, so a friend use to post me the videos on FB. Wolf spiders are fairly intelligent, and have you seen their faces? They look a bit like my avatar. If you go out with a flashlight when it's dark you can sometimes see the tiny reflections from their two big eyes.
    We have a couple of Steatoda grossas in our house downstairs in the laundry room, I keep moving the little buggers out, but they keep coming back in. Silly spooders.

Let them stay. They'll move on their own if there isn't enough food around. I give mine food and water. Maybe I'll take them out this spring, but if I let them stay I need to watch out for any males. It's difficult enough to put fruit flies on two of their not so sticky webs, and I can't take care of 100 spiderlings. =d
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Hi @KatyJay88 Good sims pictures are always in season! :) I used to spend a lot of time with my grandparents and they, too, use to rise and shine very early in the morning. My grandfather worked on the railroad and had to be out the door before four and it was a habit he carried with him right until the morning he passed. The smell of strong coffee and burnt toast always takes me back to those dark, quiet mornings I would hear them in the kitchen being super quiet like the sim in your picture. I like to enjoy those moments too, when sim life is a little less hectic and you and your sim can just breathe and look around. I like the rainy days that nobody has to go out. :)
    Thanks so much for sharing, @Jessa_Dakkar :smile: