Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Please? Sims 3 Store Content not showing in my game?

So I finally decided to reinstall my sims 3 game and all content today to be able to play with seasons and wait till that comes for Sims 4 which in the meantime I am just collecting all the packs.

However I noticed that a little of my custom content from the Community Store is in game but the majority is missing and some I couldn't get installed that was bonus content that came with special unlock codes for the Packs. Even an EA Technician couldn't solve the issue after hours of going over it with multiple people and having convos ended because I didn't respond as I was trying to do what they said so I am stumped! How can I access my Store bought content? Can anyone help please?

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I also don't want to do anything that will loose my saved fairy I created as I totally adore her. So any ways to fix this up please?

Thanks
Sorceress%20sig.png
Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
Origin Id: Sorceress2696
Sims 4 Gallery Here!

Comments

• MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    I'm not sure I understand. You can't download your store content when going to the official site -> store -> my store account -> purchase history? Do you not see your content here? Do you see it but you can't download? Do you download it but can't install it?

What are the content missing? Some of the set you could have for "free" with a game are still there and can be bought separately (like Granpa's Grove for me), so the general links to these sets on the store should still work. Some of these have been discontinued but should still be working on your purchase history. Can you give us more information?
  • SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Doesn't matter now after hours on google I found a fix that worked. Cause I didn't get a response on here and wanted to play.

Thanks though
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Some I couldn't get to download but just gave up as useless wasting the effort on and decided to play. As it was stressing me out to much. Even the EA technical team couldn't get them working and after many disconnects and doing the same thing over and over I got fed up.

Appreciate the help though
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I am having the same issue. I've download all my Store content and only some installs. Venues are a big issue for me. They don't install, so I had to do this method here and while the lots showed up the content that comes with it didn't show up. :( It's really becoming annoying now. I'm figuring I should just go ahead and convert all of my store content into packages. :(
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2018
    Bonus content that came with Limited Edition versions of the game might be a problem if your EPs aren't marked as LE. Look in your "my games" tab in Origin to see if they are coded correctly. If not, you need EA to change that. You can have them find the items in your Purchase History as proof that you did have the codes.

The other issue is that latest store patch that shows up in your contentpatch folder as a package file. Apparently you can't download that from the store anymore; but if you have it in an old sims 3 folder, you can copy and paste it in. If not, search the internet to find where old patches are archived on the internet. Here's one:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933285/launcher-no-longer-installing-store-updates

I think these items and premium content ones are particularly sensitive and might need the dcbackup file retained when you eventually can reinstall them.

Good luck @Goodywood and @Sorceress!
  • popaepopae Posts: 2 New Member
    I am just now sort of having the issue? I just reinstalled my Sims 3 game from Origin. I wanted my Store Bought items back because I had bought some in the past when I had the game. I re-download all of the items I had, and they end up in the installed content bin, which is normal. After I open the game, I go into buy mode and my items aren't there. I tried re-doing the process about 3 more times, restarting my computer, asking a friend, and nothing as helped. Help!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @popae - You know that after downloading them, you still need to open the launcher and install them, right? Having the files in your downloads folder isn't enough. If however, they are showing as installed in the launcher; but not showing in your game, then you probably installed too much at once. The .ebc files in your dccache folder should all be less than 204,800 to ensure they show up in your game. Look at my Store Install link in my signature.