Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New CAS Challenge! The Gods & Goddesses Challenge

Hi there! So I've never done this before, but after a suggestion made by a follower, I decided I'd give it a shot and see if anyone would be interested in trying it out? So I've always been interested in Greek Mythology and Greek Gods and Goddesses and recently I attempted to make my version of Persephone.

sasUCz.png

On this photo, someone commented and suggested I turn it into a CAS Challenge. With each day being a new God/Goddess. You can create Modern Day Gods or make them Historically accurate. It is entirely up to you! So here is the CAS Challenge! Please feel free to take part and share your results in this thread. I'd absolutely love to see what you all come up with. I've included a little backstory for those who don't know Greek Mythology all that well.

Day 1. Persephone
Persephone is a true nature child, being the daughter of the goddess of the harvest. Her mother is also affectionately known as Mother Nature. Persephone is a living example of youth, beauty, and life, and draws the attention of the king of the dead, Hades.

Day 2. Hades
Hades is best known as the ruler of the underworld. It became his dominion after he and his brothers drew lots for their share of the universe.

Day 3. Zeus
Zeus was the first of the Gods and a very imposing figure. Often referred to as the “Father of Gods and men”, he is a sky god who controls lightning (often using it as a weapon) and thunder. Zeus is king of Mount Olympus, the home of Greek gods, where he rules the world and imposes his will onto gods and mortals alike.

Day 4. Hera
Hera is the Queen of the Gods and is the wife and sister of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon. She is known for being the Goddess of Marriage & Birth. Despite being the Goddess of Marriage, she was known to be jealous and vengeful towards the many lovers and offspring of her husband Zeus.

Day 5. Poseidon
Poseidon was god of the sea, earthquakes, storms, and horses and is considered one of the most bad-tempered, moody and greedy Olympian gods. He was known to be vengeful when insulted.

Day 6. Athena
Athena, also referred to as Athene, is a very important goddess of many things. She is goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. But most importantly, she is the Goddess of War. She is known most specifically for her strategic skill in warfare and is often portrayed as companion of heroes and is the patron goddess of heroic endeavour.

Day 7. Aphrodite
Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love and Beauty and according to Hesiod’s theogony, she was born from the foam in the waters of Paphos, on the island of Cyprus. Many gods believed that her beauty was such that their rivalry over her would spark a war of the gods.

Day 8. Ares
Ares is the god of war, one of the Twelve Olympian Gods and the son of Zeus and Hera. In literature Ares represents the violent and physical untamed aspect of war, which is in contrast to Athena who represents military strategy and generalship as the goddess of intelligence.

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I've been reading on some of the discussions since the MFP trailer etc and finally joined the band wagon of the forums and been seeing some of the challenges people set - this one looks awesome and I have wanted to test myself in areas I don't normally (working on builds and more variety in CAS) - I like that this one is so different from the others, poses more of a challenge
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    allharlowseveallharlowseve Posts: 107 Member
    @PastelMermaid Thank you so much, I'm glad you like the idea behind it. I'd love to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Oh this looks awesome! I can’t make a sim a day but I’m definitely going to try and flex my creative muscle
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    allharlowseveallharlowseve Posts: 107 Member
    @Kamio Thank you! Of course don't feel you have to adhere to the 1 a day rule. It's no big deal!
  • Options
    TwilightPigTwilightPig Posts: 235 Member
    Creating greek mythology themed sims seems like a lot of fun, I think I'll give the challenge a try. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING. by everyone, imma go try this out :)
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Is anyone posting theirs in the gallery ( if so what #?) or here in the forums?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like this! I'm just going to change a few things- Like the fact that Persephone will be Demeter instead. I'll also be adding the remainder of the Olympians.
    funny-gifs20.gif