Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @DinoJr: Yays! I knew you would like that one. :joy: Aren't the pets absolutely adorable? I always love it when a Sim picks up a pet and gives it a hug.

Although interestingly... I got a ghost cat in my current game a few days ago. It was completely unexpected; my Sims didn't even own a pet! They just happened to be around with the Reaper took an elder cat, and I felt so bad for the poor kitty that I did Oh My Ghost for it. I had no idea that would give me a playable ghost cat in my family!

Btw, the Grim Reaper must love cats, because he picked up the cat and hugged it, then played with it with a catnip toy, before luring it in to death. :anguished: It was cute, in a strangely morbid sort of way.

So, you know, you CAN end up with a ghost pet, which ends up being fairly interesting. You learn all sorts of things about this game, even after owning it for years!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @MiaSkywalker That would totally be par for the course in my game. Considering that Ohio Jones most influential people in his life are his mom, his step dad who is a playable ghost, and his buddy the robot... (who also fell in love with and married Magnus the fairy), I wouldn't be surprised if ghost or robot pets started showing up!!!! Ghost, Robot, Fairy in the house, tomb under the house, zombies in the lawn... And Ohio has been dabbling in alchemy... maybe there's some witch in him too? Its been quite the adventure!!!

Grim loves cats? That's the cutest thing ever.... Maybe it has to do with the nine lives thing? I could imagine him having a soft spot for them, and then finally once the ninth life is up, he welcomes them to the afterlife for 9 jobs well done? I think there's an awful cute story there.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Finally getting back to looking at these last few gifts!

@ADWilson Great little starter! You made it so cheerful and colorful, too. And I always did love that screen door! And ooo, you gave it a reno too? Awesome! Love both versions!

@Catdog123 Sunflower Ranch is adorable! So bright and spring-like!

@suzses You can never have enough libraries! And this makeover is lovely. Really love the colors you used.

Fantastic job, everyone! So many truly amazing things, can't wait to get to play with them in my game! And looking forward to the next exchange! :smiley:

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Well, a lot has been going on in that old lighthouse renovation you gave me @KaytayRoall!

https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/fix

Though, maybe not as much as in @DinoJr's game.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Addy - Do you know if @KhemKat19 was able to upload her gift(s) yet??? I've been stopping in here every so often, but I still haven't seen anything. :neutral:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I can only imagine the fun Kaytay must have when looking over and seeing what you have going on in your game, @DinoJr :) It would be entertaining to see how others play but then that would mean that I'd have to straighten up my desk in order to reciprocate, lol

LOVING what you've done during the lighthouse renovation @ciane and look forward to my turn at it.

Thank you both for sharing bits and pieces of your game. It's really nice seeing gifts being used and enjoyed!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @MsPrissy88 ~
    As far as I can recall, neither gift uploaded properly which is a shame because the sneak peeks showed her talent in building and decorating. Unfortunately, these things happen.

To be honest, I didn't focus on the lack nor felt the need to make a replacement gift as there are plenty of game goodies to "borrow" ... especially since I did the bulk of creating/gifting on your behalf. I apologize if this upsets you and encourage you to PM if we need to discuss this further.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2018
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 ~
    As far as I can recall, neither gift uploaded properly which is a shame because the sneak peeks showed her talent in building and decorating. Unfortunately, these things happen.
    And she doesn't just have a little talent, she has GREAT talent; her builds showed that she was an amazing builder/decorator, whose builds deserve to be shared. I am also saddened because I would love to also be able to download more of her builds, but with the Exchange refusing to allow her to upload, I probably never will. We worked really hard to try to determine the problem; she did all sorts of things including creating a brand new Sims 3 folder, deleting her internet cache files, and everything else we could think of, but nothing worked. Iirc, I think that while we were testing, Addy was able to upload one of the files to her own studio but not the other; @KhemKat19 was never able to upload either. I think she was really sad and discouraged by the end of everything we tried.

The only way I can see even partially around it is if she decides to share some of her work through MTS. They have an excellent staff, although slightly more stringent requirements than the Exchange does. She would, for instance, need to be aware of what store items she has used, and then list them in her upload. (That's the only reason I've never posted builds there, although I do post mods; I'm too lazy to try to figure out what all store items I've used in a build to list them out, and then link to each store page. So now you all know my secret: I'm lazy!)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hopefully @KhemKat19 will eventually upload the lots somewhere and post some links for us here. I have never known a time when a total reinstall was required. The renaming of an old sims 3 folder and letting a new one be generated is usually all that is needed to straighten out a problem. In this case though, a reinstall of the sims 3 game might be in order.

On another note, I finished the challenge that @KaytayRoall gave me.
    See here for the full story, if interested:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/fix/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top