March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Buddy name received.
    Letter re-read.
    Ideas brewing.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello :)

@Morakai
    @Mystik1978
    need to check-in and let us know that they received their Buddy Name
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Yay I'm excited to see what ya'll come up with for each other. I'm in firm lurker mode, but I'm definitely excited and will try to stop in more! <3
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    oops! Checking in!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=5004441

Sorry all! I am here, got my buddy and off to see what ideas come to my mind.
    All have received Buddy Names and checked in. Hooray!

The next check-in to share progress on how you're doing (without giving too much away!) is April 3rd.
    Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Ive written myself notes in my field notes book I carry with me... I'm very excited!
    The sound of plotting and planning is a beautiful sound indeed!!!
    Just a reminder...
    IF you go into edit town to build while playing your sims, your sim household will be footing the bill for your build. :wink:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    All have received Buddy Names and checked in. Hooray!

The next check-in to share progress on how you're doing (without giving too much away!) is April 3rd.
    Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing!

With dr appointments tomorrow and Friday, a cousin/family gathering on Saturday, Easter on Sunday, aaaaand opening day (baseball) on Monday, I am one busy bee.

I am going to check in NOW, even though I haven't even started doing anything yet. I DO HAVE my inspirations. I just have to try and kick start my brain from stressing on RL problems, to getting motivated to tackle my buddy's wish.

*can I rewind my life over to when everything was simple and you *didn't* have to worry about anything health-related?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    You're checked in @MsPrissy88
    Thank you :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Some people plan and research; others go crazy and build. Sometimes the crazy builders also get so into it, they forget what they're doing and forget to save for a long period of time and crash their games . . .

Ah well, at least it was the third or fourth building session, and I did save at least once in there. :p
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    Some people plan and research; others go crazy and build. Sometimes the crazy builders also get so into it, they forget what they're doing and forget to save for a long period of time and crash their games . . .

Ah well, at least it was the third or fourth building session, and I did save at least once in there. :p
    Yikes, that bites. I would recommend getting Nraas Saver. It will save even during building. I have it set to save every half hour, whether I'm building or playing. Very useful when having long build periods like this. :)
    edited March 2018
    I suppose I should get it. Have no problem remembering to save while playing (as opposed to building) and have a very stable game . . . except maybe when I've been CASting too much while building. Haven't yet been back in game to see what I lost, but I know a lot of the interior work I was doing I was thinking about channging anyway.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »

Yikes, that bites. I would recommend getting Nraas Saver. It will save even during building. I have it set to save every half hour, whether I'm building or playing. Very useful when having long build periods like this. :)

I second this! I also have mine set to save every half hour :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    My old potato of a computer loved to crash when I would use the CaST for too long without saving. I got in the habit of saving often, but I also got in the habit of saving copies of lots to my bin and would just rename them based on why I saved. It became helpful when I would flipflop between ideas so I could try something out but if I didn't like it I could switch back to an older save of the lot without having to spend too much time undoing the changes.
    shutterstock_248403373-750x500.jpg

A few snacks will keep creativity muses happy and the ideas flowing :)
    Sorry you lost some work @suzses! Personally, saver did not work well for me. I just try to save at the end of each completion. Got a shell - save! Put in walls - save! Add doors and windows - save! Wall paper - save! You get the idea.
    edited March 2018
    Got in game this evening and found something interesting. Last night the game didn't behave like it usually does if it crashes while I'm building, but I still thought that was the problem. When I brought up the game tonight, the first save had no lot picture and no family picture. So, I chose the previous save and went in there but was still wondering about that no-picture one. I decided to try to open it, and it opened right up to the sim I had standing on an empty lot, where the poor girl has been like the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz ever since I started this build. I went to edit town and clicked on the lot I was building, and it was there, just at the point it had been when I couldn't save last night. I saved it to bin, did a little more work on the interior, and went to edit town again to put it in the bin again. At that point, I *think* I got an odd message (which I don't remember what it was - just remember I thought it wasn't what I usually should have seen), and then tried to go back to live mode and apparently had no active household. So, I had to do the whole business of choosing/placing a sim before I could save the town.

Thinking there could be something corrupt in the save (or maybe it was just an incomplete save), and so I am going to place the lot from the bin into a new save and work on it there.

There is something about Saver that I always learn just as I'm about to install it that makes me decide not to, but at the moment I don't know what it is. LOL I love NRAAS mods, so that's not the issue.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I always get the no pic on a build save that's done in edit town mode. So that doesn't seem weird to me or corrupt. Hopefully you'll do well in a new save.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Just popping in to wish everyone ((if you celebrate it)) a BLESSED EASTER. DO NOT -- I repeat -- DO NOT bite the heads off your chocolate bunnies first!!! ((those of you who used to do that as kids will understand))

I will be popping in and out next week!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Are the ears OK? o:)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    ciane wrote: »
    I always get the no pic on a build save that's done in edit town mode. So that doesn't seem weird to me or corrupt. Hopefully you'll do well in a new save.

Well, that's interesting. That's something I didn't know. I just never save in edit town mode because back in the day on probably my first computer I used for Sims 3, it would crash if I tried to do that. My current computer is really just fine. Still not sure what happened to my household that vanished, but the game never appeared to finish saving so maybe that's the part that didn't finish. Anyway, doesn't matter. I wasn't in a save I'm playing. It was a fresh save just for building lots for the gift exchange.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate, and happy weekend to everyone. :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Mm, now I'm wondering about saving in edit town mode, but I do it all the time. I rarely have a sim on lot while I'm building. I move sims in after the building is done, but before the CASting. CASting takes me forever and so I like have a sim to play and taking a few sim days to just concentrate on CASting one area at a time. I'm probably the only simmer to work that way! But, by the time the upgrades are done, I'll be happy with CASt and deco and ready to take pics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top