Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So will DLC for a DLC be a thing?

2...Next

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    This is probably them testing the water. It's not like Sims 3 didn't divvy up its packs with overpriced Store content. It's possible that it will be incredibly rare, especially with all the anger about the C&D exclusive items making up so much of the pack. Honestly, if the pet clothing was really and truly 'on top of' the other things, then why wasn't it patched in free? The pet toys didn't involve any original coding; why couldn't they be free in the future?

The pack's only new gameplay item is 100% C&D free - take out all the clothes and pet designs and maybe add some more animal furniture instead, and pet-fanatics - the people the pack is aimed at - would still buy it, and they wouldn't feel like they were being taken advantage of. Additionally non-C&D people would feel better about buying it.

EA doesn't like doing things for free though. They don't want to get into a habit of being generous in case people expect it of them too often.

They didn’t divvy up packs for the store. They had a separate team that was exclusively making store content. All of it was 100% separate from the main development team, and even when the same studio got an EP development team it was entirely separate from the store.

Was the store expensive? Yes, and that is a valid criticism against it, but they didn’t withhold EP content to sell in the store.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm actually glad we did get more content for Cats and Dogs because that's what I've been hoping for, but the content we did get felt lazily done as they were practically recycled swatches just so Sims could match with their Pets... I'm the kind of player who makes all of my Sims, including Pets, unique from one another through their clothing and hairstyles and MFPS' CaS content felt boring and uninspired to me, I don't usually have many negative opinions on packs but this pack felt barren in the creativity department and I don't like the fact that half the CaS content is locked if you don't own Cats and Dogs, I thought the pet clothing was a bonus but the pack feels like the earlier stuff packs we got without access to them.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.