Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm officially tired of Sims 4, where to go from here..?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    About 6 months ago, I was watching this LP for a Youtuber's playthrough of their Simself's life living in a shoddy apartment in the city while striving to make it in social media. I hilariously enjoyed it so much it actually pushed me to buy TS4 digital deluxe at full price and play the base game only. I spent hours and hours playing the game, and while I had my fun with just the base game, I got tired of it faster than what I would've liked. Thus I started spending more on all those packs, little by little, and it thoroughly enhanced a lot more of my play experience, and coupled with joining this forum shortly after, My Simming habit became an obsession. Even my SO commented on my unhealthy Simming obsession! Months went by again and I started getting the feeling again, to which it eventually prompted me to start exploring mods in the next year, and that expanded my gameplay experience much more than I thought it could. Of course though, even this wouldn't last long either. Time goes by, I get a new job, and the game seems to no longer satisfy me as I would when I played it religiously before. These new packs are great here and there, but then it eventually sputters out quickly and I can't seem to want to play farther anymore. I have all these saves, and I've gotten tired of them all. I've relegated myself to just CAS now since I still find enjoyment in making Sims, but I never seem to actually play these Sims and just stay there in my library to look at.

So officially, I can say that I no longer find anything that excites me enough to continue playing Sims 4. Where do I go from here..?

You could try TS2 or TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I would just stop playing. I believe in cutting things out of my life that I dont enjoy. Nothing makes you feel more free than when you just walk away.

I think that playing video games or spending a lot of time on message boards is a hobby that attracts people that are already already a little down or sad anyway. Like me. Who knows if I would even play video games if my life had gone a different way. I dont know.

But if you feel like you want to play sims there is sims 3 and sims 2. Do you like those?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would just stop playing. I believe in cutting things out of my life that I dont enjoy. Nothing makes you feel more free than when you just walk away.

I think that playing video games or spending a lot of time on message boards is a hobby that attracts people that are already already a little down or sad anyway. Like me. Who knows if I would even play video games if my life had gone a different way. I dont know.

But if you feel like you want to play sims there is sims 3 and sims 2. Do you like those?

Amen to that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    Go back to previous iterations.

It will put a lot of things into perspective if they haven't been already. When you play TS2, there will be features from TS3/TS4 that you miss and there will also be things completely unique to TS2 that you love.

You will get your Sims fix while actually finding out things that you love about all of the base games, and maybe there are some features from the past that you simply adore so much that you will want them to be in current iterations. So it will shape your future opinions and ideas for the game that could help the devs make TS4 a better game overall.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I would suggest trying out Sims 2 ultimate collection - if you have a code for the sims 2 you can get the ultimate collection from ea customer service. It's a great game, and with some nice mods and cc it's also the prettiest game. The only thing I truly miss when I play sims 2 is CAS and 64 bit.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My suggestion is to find some Stanford graduates and convince them to create a new life simulation game.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Amen to that.

If you've ever done it , it feels freeing . So so good lol . Can we get an #amen...
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Do what I did and go back to the sims 3. It and the sims 2 are the best of the sims series. I love sims 3 because it has everything you could possibly want in the sims. I love the open world concept. I love to watch my sims drive to their destination. I love watching my sim kids board the school bus. There is just so many things to do in the sims 3. My sims usually has a horse or 2 to ride and I love making a barn. You can ride over the neighborhood. I never get bored.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Watch a new TV show. Wait for TS5 to come out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm in the same situation, but also deeper. I'm actually growing tired of this PC gaming hobby. I find that it's becoming too expensive for me to keep the hardware up to date and running. But I also can't get excited about anything else! So far I've dabbled in photography, graphics arts, drawing, 2D animation, cyclotourism, weight-lifting and finally PC gaming. But I don't know what the future holds. Maybe if Sims 5 was announced I'd try hard to stay interested, but that's not happening for a few years at least.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Play a different game. When I get this way I play more of the sims 1-3. If I'm sim burnt out in general I play more playstation games or more management games like city Skylines.

Do not force yourself to play it. Sometimes a break is the thing you need.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I took a pretty long break not too long ago but just recently started back up. I have to say since Sims 4 has come out, I have taken more breaks than I ever have in the past.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sadly I do not have any codes for TS2, I was a little bit young during its release and wasn't allowed to play it even though my first stepdad had both Sims 1 & 2 on his desktop computer.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    @paradiseplanet Try messaging EA customer service and see if they would be willing to get you one.

Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Sadly I do not have any codes for TS2, I was a little bit young during its release and wasn't allowed to play it even though my first stepdad had both Sims 1 & 2 on his desktop computer.

You can always get used copies. My Sims 2 is a combination of picked up off Amazon Marketplace and getting lucky at Half-Priced Books. All I'm currently missing is Open for Business and some of the Stuff Packs. Just makes sure if you're picking it up used that it includes the CD Code or you'll be dead in the water when trying to install it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I know that I get burnt out from time to time. I keep up with the YT simmers that I follow, but won't play for long periods of time. I actually just came back after a long break when they announced Jungle Adventures. It's good to pick up other hobbies that aren't gaming related. I picked up baking over this last break and found that I really enjoy creating things. It's okay to step away. I would suggest taking a step back before you're completely burnt out and never play it again.
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I go through periods of either being obsessed with it or not interested at all like a lot of these other simmers ^
    Just put the game down for a couple of weeks then come back to it :)
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    As everyone else has pointed out, you're just burned out. When I get burned out on the Sims 4, I just play another game ( usually Skyrim ) until I get burned out on that. Then I return to the Sims 4. It's a pattern for me.

Currently, I'm burned out on Skyrim and I'm playing the Sims 4 as I type this.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    As everyone else has pointed out, you're just burned out. When I get burned out on the Sims 4, I just play another game ( usually Skyrim ) until I get burned out on that. Then I return to the Sims 4. It's a pattern for me.

Currently, I'm burned out on Skyrim and I'm playing the Sims 4 as I type this.

Man, I wish I could pick up on Skyrim again though. I got so far on my PS3 before it finally stopped working on me (it was about 7-8 yrs old by that time) and had to be trashed. I got Skyrim on PC but the thought of having to start all over on PC when I got so far on console is just painful for me. In fact, usually I would play various console games if I got bored with other games, but since I no longer have any consoles (and wouldn't purchase new ones for a long while) playing those games when I'm bored of the others is no longer on the table.

Right now my Sims time has become a very casual thing, no focus on actually playing it normally with aging or starting families or building skills or aspirations; just want to take my Sims out for fun stuff! Fun options for TS4 are quite limiting once you've practically done them all a hundred times now though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I feel the OP's pain. When TS4 first came out I would stay up to the wee hours playing. Now if my play lasts 15 minutes, it seems like forever. I have all the GP's, EP's, etc. I think it has to do with, they eat, sleep, go to work and vacation. I love starting new games and get excited about the newness, but like the many saves that have long ago been deleted I get bored. I love the game, so I'm at a loss as to what is going on.
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Games are meant to be enjoyed, so if you're not enjoying it, like others have said, I don't think you should make yourself play it. You don't have an obligation to it! :) But personally, I find that doing challenges keeps me interested in the game. I like watching youtubers try out challenges and then I go and try it myself. I'm doing the 100 Baby Challenge and a couple others in different saves. They're hard, but fun, and they make the game new in a lot of ways. I'm sure eventually I'll grow tired of it, but I always come back to it eventually. Try to explore something else maybe not game-related if you're feeling burnt out!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I took a pretty long break not too long ago but just recently started back up. I have to say since Sims 4 has come out, I have taken more breaks than I ever have in the past.

Me too. I don't think I ever had a break from Sims 2, then sims 3 I think I only had one break. Sims 4 I have loads of breaks :(
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I tend to binge games (and Netflix shows, food, etc). I'll play a game until I know it through and through, and then need a break and move on to the next thing and come back later. I played the Mass Effect games like 6 times in a row, and Swtor until I hit legendary status (all 8 classes maxed out). Years later I can still recite the dialogue, lol. Sims is no different. I'll build until I get sick of it, then take a break until I get more inspiration again.

If only we could simply cloud gaze for an hour and get inspired for more, eh? ;) Good thing we live in an age where there's a near infinite amount of entertainment options out there.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Take a break or play a different game. Or take a break from gaming for a little bit. Take up a new hobby or play a sport (if you're into that,) take a yoga class, read or write. Do what's best for you.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I'm amazed how many people suggested cities lol, its such a widely played game! Ironically I own every expansion for it and never played it after the first dlc came out...I just kept buying them.

As for suggestions, maybe trying reading a book? I don't know where you live but its really nice now/spring has come where I'm at and Iove walking to the beach with a good book!