Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Serious Discussion] So when will The Sims 5 be released?

barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
There is no where else on this forum to ask this question, but I'm done with The Sims 4 and just want to fast forward to The Sims 5. It took the previous iterations 5 years before moving on to the next series, but with EA/Maxis selling fragments of EPs in stuff packs, The Sims 5 might take longer than expected. But I seriously hope they follow the pattern *crosses fingers* or I might need another life simulation game to fall in love with if Maxis does not have any plans of continuing the progressive stance Sims 1 > Sims 2 > Sims 3 introduced and improve on them with today's technology. Most gamers in today's market can afford a PC that can handle a perfected Sims 3 with features added that was never done before. I honestly hope gamers like me can have a sims game to look forward to and it's after 5 years of the sims 4. Let this nightmare last for just one more year.

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well this goes more into Speculation and Rumours, and I think Sims 5 won't be coming until at the least 2020.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’m more interested in a Sims 5 than I am in additions for Sims 4, but to what extent will totally depend on what they’re going to do with it. I’d be highly surprised if we’ll hear from it before 2020. If ever.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Honestly, I don't think I'm interested in a Sims 5 anymore, seeing how EA is treating the franchise. It would have to be really exceptional for me to even be interested. I even gave TS4 so many chances, buying it on release knowing that it didn't have pools and toddlers, and hoping that the rest would make up for it. I won't support lackluster releases any longer.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 4 still needs a lot of things to make it feel like a complete game. It's still missing way too much and at the rate they put things out at, I can see another 3-4 yrs of S4 before it feels anywhere near complete.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wish there was a Sims 5 or future games section to go to in the forums just talk about what we'd like to see for The Sims 5. I was literally just searching the forums for that when I came upon this topic. Laundry Day was already a bit of a challenge to wrap my head around being in existence. I was so busy trying to comprehend LD that couldn't even attempt to look past my first thought that Jungle Adventure looks like a cross between World Adventures, Castaway, and the final level of MySims Agents but when I come back to take a look at it I hear about the My First Pet thing and got frustrated all over again.

I was denial at first, because it's something that those of us even partially critical of how they're handling TS4 joke about and it's one of those things that makes you go hmm when considering some of the previous SPs and how they're doing GPs and EPs. But now it's blatantly obvious and I was angry, even with no plans whatsoever to invest in it or TS4. Now I just feel indifferent and for the first time I'm questioning if it's even worth it to stick around for The Sims 5.

I don't really care what happens with The Sims 4 at this point, even though it does anger me that they're ripping people off. I'm not buying it so no money lost for me, but I am disappointed and angry with where this is taking the franchise. After hearing about and reading through the thread for MFP I wondered why I even gave a word-rhyming-with-luck anymore. I forgot why I cared until I went to my desktop to find a file and saw all the shortcuts for TS3, TS2 UC, and creative programs like CAW.

I do love the franchise, even if I don't like it very much right now and that's the only thing letting me hope for a far better TS5. Unfortunately, I don't see it until at least 2020 and it may not even be released but just in the beginning stages.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    There is no where else on this forum to ask this question, but I'm done with The Sims 4 and just want to fast forward to The Sims 5. It took the previous iterations 5 years before moving on to the next series, but with EA/Maxis selling fragments of EPs in stuff packs, The Sims 5 might take longer than expected. But I seriously hope they follow the pattern *crosses fingers* or I might need another life simulation game to fall in love with if Maxis does not have any plans of continuing the progressive stance Sims 1 > Sims 2 > Sims 3 introduced and improve on them with today's technology. Most gamers in today's market can afford a PC that can handle a perfected Sims 3 with features added that was never done before. I honestly hope gamers like me can have a sims game to look forward to and it's after 5 years of the sims 4. Let this nightmare last for just one more year.

I recently got an unsolicited ad on my cell phone from someone I had never heard of: Simmer Johnny or Johnny Simmer, I don't remember now. But he apparently got some info from EA about: "The future of the Sims" and it gave no specifics so he went on and on speculating about it possibly being The Sims 5 announcement. I got very excited for a minute, as The Sims 4 isn't really for me. I'm still playing ts2 and sometimes ts3.

So, I don't know if there was anything to it, but it certainly was fun to get this unlooked for message on my phone.

I am really ready for a good sims game. At least one I think is good. I loved the memories in ts2, as they really did reflect what my sims did in the game. Their speak bubbles also were directly linked to the things that happened in the game too. It made it seem like my sims (in ts2) were really having a life, opposed to some random stuff that went on in later games.

Anyway, I'm keeping the hope alive even after 15 years! Sill loving my older sims games!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8