Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think consoles will be able to handle weather when we get Seasons?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Do you think the consoles have enough power to be able to handle weather once we get Seasons on console?

Comments

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Considering GTA 5 online has weather, and snow during the winter season, I’d say yes. And it renders everything at the same time. Where sims 4 just has to render the lot you’re currently on and i guess the “imaginary” work in the background. I think it would be okay. :)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I guess so, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be able too. Most games now days have weather systems and it seems OK with those
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I hope so. It would be a travesty if it didn't.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Assuming we get weather yes it would. The consoles are powerful and run games way more taxing than the sims. Many of which have weather.
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    By the time we get seasons the Sims 5 will be out
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Oh absolutely. Both consoles already have hardware that exceeds the minimum and recommended specs for running the PC game. Basically anything they release for Sims 4 on PC will work just fine on console granted they port it over correctly.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    There are plenty of console games with a weather system attached to them, some with better weather mechanics than The Sims 3 had even, so I think we should be fine.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes I mean grand theft auto 5 and tomb raider have weather in them and they run well :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    I rather wait and see how it will play on the PC first being how well it works on PC, in turn it will also dictate how well it will run on an console.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think like with everything in sims 4 weather will be optimised really well. You have to give it to the devs 4 is very stable and solid. I think it will be fine on console.
  • KellzKellz Posts: 8 New Member
    does anyone know if consoles will be getting seasons???
    It sucks always seeing the great things computers get but what about us computers have thousands of things and most definitely PS4 and Xbox could handle it...PLEASE IF ANYONE GETS ANY NEWS ABOUT CONSOLES GETTING SEASONS PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP...THANK YOU ...PS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SEASONS THIS YEAR I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST SIMMER ALIVE
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    The Seasons EP's weather snd seasonal changes don't seem as significant as prior games so I think it'll be fine.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    It better! I'm so hyped for seasons.
    [
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Kellz wrote: »
    It plum always seeing the great things computers get but what about us computers have thousands of things and most definitely PS4 and Xbox could handle it...PLEASE IF ANYONE GETS ANY NEWS ABOUT CONSOLES GETTING SEASONS PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP...THANK YOU ...PS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SEASONS THIS YEAR I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST SIMMER ALIVE

Yes Seasons will come to console eventually. I'm hoping in December. I'm still waiting for Cats and Dogs. Hope that's out in July on consoles.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2018
    Kellz wrote: »
    It plum always seeing the great things computers get but what about us computers have thousands of things and most definitely PS4 and Xbox could handle it...PLEASE IF ANYONE GETS ANY NEWS ABOUT CONSOLES GETTING SEASONS PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP...THANK YOU ...PS. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SEASONS THIS YEAR I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST SIMMER ALIVE

The PC version has been out since 2014. Of course it will have more and still get new stuff long before the console versions. Right now the console version is playing catch up and got more content in a lot less time than it took the PC version to get much of thst same content.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I hope seasons come out for console quicker than December I hope it comes out before hand so we get the perks of using it and the console can handle a lot more than weather the console can do the same as pc it just takes more time to transfer over for console I like that they are bringing out packs for console more regularly and not leaving us mad that pc is getting it all first I am a console player and have waited for 4 years for this Sims to come out and it has been worth it as it's so good