Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fake Butterfly Icons on Map Views

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello, One of my household got an opportunity,"Alchemic Mastery". I found many 'moth' icons on map view. I thought I've never known moths are so common in home world, not in Egypt. But Every time, my sim arrives the butterfly spots, the moth never comes. Actually, I don't know it's moth icon or other butterflies. I brought 3 screenshots here.

1.png

This is the opportunity my sim got.

2.png

As you see, there are 2 butterfly icons. I tested it with my other sim's collection helper reward on.

3.png

No insects icon on collection helper.

I can hear some sound like buzzzz when I arrived at the butterfly spot but don't find any insect or butterfly with that noise.
Is there anyone solved this issue?

I have NRaas mods and some other stopping autonomous mods only.
This world is Beach City of RFlong7.

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I don't know the world, or the particular opportunity, but I agree it seems strange. The opportunity-generated tags are probably showing where there are moth spawners, as opposed to actual moths hovering in that moment. I don't know why it would be broken, as other opportunities seem to only show objects that have already spawned.

Regardless of why this is happening, you can use nraas MC to find moths that currently exist. Click on the ground (out in the world, not on any lot or MC will only search that specific lot), nraas>object info>not inventory will bring up a list of objects you can find. Click on the "insect.jig" item, and it will give you a notification for each of the insects currently in the world (besides those specifically on a lot). You'll have to go through all of the entries, but if there's a moth around, you can click on the picture in the notification and the camera will center on it.

Again, no idea about this custom world, but generally, moths can be found at the graveyard, close to the mausoleum. You can search there or any other lot by running the same nraas command.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I don't know the world, or the particular opportunity, but I agree it seems strange. The opportunity-generated tags are probably showing where there are moth spawners, as opposed to actual moths hovering in that moment. I don't know why it would be broken, as other opportunities seem to only show objects that have already spawned.

Regardless of why this is happening, you can use nraas MC to find moths that currently exist. Click on the ground (out in the world, not on any lot or MC will only search that specific lot), nraas>object info>not inventory will bring up a list of objects you can find. Click on the "insect.jig" item, and it will give you a notification for each of the insects currently in the world (besides those specifically on a lot). You'll have to go through all of the entries, but if there's a moth around, you can click on the picture in the notification and the camera will center on it.

Again, no idea about this custom world, but generally, moths can be found at the graveyard, close to the mausoleum. You can search there or any other lot by running the same nraas command.

Thank you so much for the great tip with MC mod!! :D