Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to stop vampire break-ins?

2...Next

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's weird how a lot of people complain about vampire break ins and they never happen in my game. I don't have any random generated vampires in my game and the 3 premade ones never break in. Maybe because I disabled fill empty homes or because my sims never interact with vampires and i don't really play in forgotten hollow.

I found that if you don't look up vampire information on the computer or interact with them outside of Vlad's first visit or go to Forgotten Hollow then they usually don't show up at your home lot or community lots unless they take an NPC role like as a chef or vendor.

I have found that to be untrue

Well, It's worked for me, I have a save game that's gone through two sim generations (now onto the third) and outside of Vlad's first phone call I have had no issues with vampires. So no idea what's going on with your game. Personally, I'd kill for more active vampires in my game. But hey, that's just me.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I found that if you don't look up vampire information on the computer or interact with them outside of Vlad's first visit or go to Forgotten Hollow then they usually don't show up at your home lot or community lots unless they take an NPC role like as a chef or vendor.

I found this to be untrue. None of my sims research, talk about, or even interact with vampire npc (I even aviod them if the work as venders or whatever npc job). The garlic suggestion never works. I still have constant break ins, which I have reported as a bug. Unfortunately, the only satisfactory way I have found to prevent the break ins is to use mods.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2018

I found this to be untrue. None of my sims research, talk about, or even interact with vampire npc (I even aviod them if the work as venders or whatever npc job). The garlic suggestion never works. I still have constant break ins, which I have reported as a bug. Unfortunately, the only satisfactory way I have found to prevent the break ins is to use mods.

Large part of the issue I found with the quoted technique is that Sims will talk to each other and sometimes autonomously choose vampire related topics. I also haven't found this to work great in my saves largely due to the fact I couldn't really stop my Sims from finding and interacting with vamps or about vamps.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Large part of the issue I found with the quoted technique is that Sims will talk to each other and sometimes autonomously choose vampire related topics. I also haven't found this to work great in my saves largely due to the fact I couldn't really stop my Sims from finding and interacting with vamps or about vamps.
    Use this it works and vampires don't pester your sims. They will still come and knock on your sims door but that is it. http://modthesims.info/d/603329

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2018
    You know, everybody's game plays differently. I bought the Vampire pack immediately when it came out. I've never had a vampire break in and drink from my Sims in any save yet, although Vlad has called with his initial message about their beautiful neck. I have to admit most of my Sims end up meeting a vampire and make friends with them, or they study vampire lore or research it on the computer. Sometimes Vlad will visit after his call and quite often he's been invited in and hung out for awhile. That's usually the last they ever see of him or any vampire after that.

The only time I ever saw a break-in at home was when I was playing the 4-Toddler family. They never went anywhere, always stayed home, never even thought of vampires even though they came knocking all the time (Vlad, Caleb, Lilith, and Townie Vamps). They answered the door to no one and never answered the phone. They never met or talked to anyone (no relationships whatsoever). One night out of the blue, Vlad broke in and crept through their living room. Unfortunately, two toddlers had woken up and had gotten Dad up. They were in the living room when Vlad crept through. He crept through to the back bedroom where Mom was sleeping alone. I held my breath thinking it might happen. But when he got to the bedroom door he walked normally right through the bedroom, not even looking at Mom in bed, went to the back door, walked out and left.

This is only a couple of instances, but in my game I have found it's more likely to happen if they know nothing about vampires, and least likely to happen if they know about vampires or make friends with any one of them. That's why I say everybody's game plays differently. I would be one to say, "I found this to be untrue". It's totally opposite for me.

ETA: I have to add this even though it's Off Topic: @BejaWa, your Avi is mesmerizingly (yes, that's a word) beautiful!
    Post edited by Simberella777 on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    You know, everybody's game plays differently. I bought the Vampire pack immediately when it came out. I've never had a vampire break in and drink from my Sims in any save yet, although Vlad has called with his initial message about their beautiful neck. I have to admit most of my Sims end up meeting a vampire and make friends with them, or they study vampire lore or research it on the computer. Sometimes Vlad will visit after his call and quite often he's been invited in and hung out for awhile. That's usually the last they ever see of him or any vampire after that.

The only time I ever saw a break-in at home was when I was playing the 4-Toddler family. They never went anywhere, always stayed home, never even thought of vampires even though they came knocking all the time (Vlad, Caleb, Lilith, and Townie Vamps). They answered the door to no one and never answered the phone. They never met or talked to anyone (no relationships whatsoever). One night out of the blue, Vlad broke in and crept through their living room. Unfortunately, two toddlers had woken up and had gotten Dad up. They were in the living room when Vlad crept through. He crept through to the back bedroom where Mom was sleeping alone. I held my breath thinking it might happen. But when he got to the bedroom door he walked normally right through the bedroom, not even looking at Mom in bed, went to the back door, walked out and left.

This is only a couple of instances, but in my game I have found it's more likely to happen if they know nothing about vampires, and least likely to happen if they know about vampires or make friends with any one of them. That's why I say everybody's game plays differently. I would be one to say, "I found this to be untrue". It's totally opposite for me.

ETA: I have to add this even though it's Off Topic: @BejaWa, your Avi is mesmerizingly (yes, that's a word) beautiful!

Same experience for my Sims. I even have a Sim living in Forgotton Hollow and he has a Vampire girlfriend. Has maxed Vamp Lore - I consider him a slayer as he makes the drinks that cures the Vamps of vampirism but has only did in one evil Vamp that created chaos in FH with the other Vamps - so he got cured ( he also made a play on my sims girlfriend - lol. But he visits and parties with all the Vamps and has never been bitten or threatened.

I do think it may have something to do with my Sim being an extreme night owl. He generally sleeps vamp hours and is up all night to go places with his girlfriend. I understand Vamps will only break in at night if no one in the house is awake - so perhaps where he is up and out going to parties and such with his gf that might make the difference.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Thank you @Simberella777 It's my own work. I didn't use it in my design class but still really liked so I decided to use it here, I'm glad you like it :)

@pepperjax1230 Thank you for the suggestion, although I always hold out on mods until the game is done updating. Also I really love my vampires. I mostly was just testing stuff in the saves I don't use them. Still thank you for the suggestion :)

NothDakotaaGaming, we've had this argument before on a different thread, but in all seriousness, you would be much happier if you uninstalled the pack. Seriously, I know you were gifted the pack so really you had no choice in buying it. But that doesn't stop you from uninstalling the pack. Even if you want certain items in the GP is it really worth being so frustrated with how active the vampires are in your game are that you have to resort to mods just to "fix" a FEATURE of the pack?
    TL;DR: Just uninstall the pack and you'll be a much happier simmer.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    @halloweenchild

If break ins were less often, it wouldn't be so terrible and I might ignore it better. In all my game files, break ins happened 2 to 3 times in a sim week. I have reported that as a bug, since the only fix right now is to use mods to eliminate that issue.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    @halloweenchild

If break ins were less often, it wouldn't be so terrible and I might ignore it better. In all my game files, break ins happened 2 to 3 times in a sim week. I have reported that as a bug, since the only fix right now is to use mods to eliminate that issue.

And we who bought the pack specifically for Vamp s and love all the Vamps EXACTLY as they are do not expect our Vamps to be changed and made that clear to the dev team that made the pack - as they said they had considered turning it back some - believe me the Vamp pack lovers went balistic. It is a design of the pack - not a bug and the dev confirmed it and also confirmed they would not be tuning it back. Then we all thanked him. There is a whole thread here with that discussion and the Devs assurance they will not change our vampire pack at all.

In other words it is not broke so they need to leave it alone and give us what many of us paid for.

You can see it here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936022/have-vampires-been-nerfed/p16

Posted from SimGuruNinja:

"Guess what? I'm an plum.

Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. This was much ado about nothing. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We're not going to change it based on the fury contained in this thread. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an plum. Sorry to cause panic."

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

@halloweenchild

Maybe it just seems more frequent to you because you don't like and or want vampires to break in or enact normal NPC behaviour, as I seem to recall you saying in a different thread about how you consider them behaving like any other NPC as "breaking-in".
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    From my experience when sims did not have a vampire lore skill vampires would be coming up to the door every five minutes at night. It wasn't until they learned vampire lore that they stopped showing up on the lot. (Weird I know).
    Also I have a lot of garlic up and they don't seem to like grimmy too well. :lol:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »
    From my experience when sims did not have a vampire lore skill vampires would be coming up to the door every five minutes at night. It wasn't until they learned vampire lore that they stopped showing up on the lot. (Weird I know).
    Also I have a lot of garlic up and they don't seem to like grimmy too well. :lol:

Sounds like the game is being as subtle as a sledgehammer to remind you that vampires are indeed now in the game haha XD and now that you know, aka you acknowledge the vampire NPC they'll leave you alone. However, in my experience that means that every NPC vampire other than the core three will come onto your lot at night haha XD
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Garlic above the door works perfectly for me.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

Sounds like the game is being as subtle as a sledgehammer to remind you that vampires are indeed now in the game haha XD and now that you know, aka you acknowledge the vampire NPC they'll leave you alone. However, in my experience that means that every NPC vampire other than the core three will come onto your lot at night haha XD

Sounds about right. :lol:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• chocbookchocbook Posts: 25 Member
    I like the vampire pack because I have a save file with a vampire. She’s one of my fave sims so uninstalling the pack isn’t an option for me, lol. What I tend to do is just delete vampires completely in manage worlds in every save file I don’t want, and come back every now and then to delete the townies. That works fine, obviously :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I created my own vampires and He's a Master he has the power to turn others, but he doesn't have the power to break in... yet. It's pretty quiet... I barely see him outside of the Dark Realm, Forgotten Hallow. So maybe try that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    So, I know this is an old thread but I came here because I don't think Vlad should turn up as a random food vendor in San Myshuno and I was wondering if anyone had a way to stop that. It seems out of character for him, plus it somehow counts as him breaking in, which is just stupid. I wouldn't even care about those aspects except I had to reset him so that my Sim could go home (you WILL buy Vlad's baked goods; you WILL.)

Outside of this, I guess I'm lucky? I've never had problems with the vampires (but I lock doors just to keep random sims from waltzing in any way) and I like having them in my game. Although, I'm a little worried... I noticed Dirk Dreamer decided to move into Forgotten Hollow in one of my saves and I didn't put him there. I thought about moving him to Del Sol but I'm kind of excited about the prospect of him randomly being turned lol. XD
  • 1998Ruby19981998Ruby1998 Posts: 22 Member
    I used to have vampires turn up every night and I hated it, they just break in even when I have garlic everywhere.
    I abandoned that file and opened a new one and deleted all the vampires before I start playing. So far I haven't seen any vampires, and none spawns. I guess the only way is to delete them right from the beginning.
  • LuckyFoxy1979LuckyFoxy1979 Posts: 1 New Member
    Stupid Vlad has sucked my Sim's blood twice already, and he is literally the only Sim she has interacted with besides her adopted baby. And of course, that interaction has been from him drinking her blood without permission. She has not studied Vampire Lore or even thought about Vampires. I know this because Autonomy is set to OFF. Vampires were fun when I got the pack ages ago. I do occasionally play one. But when I have a single parent Sim with a BABY, getting attacked by a stupid vampire is really annoying and dangerous, as she is frozen from play for so long afterwards. I don't want her baby getting taken.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I just plant garlic by the front door. Some vamps might be immune.
    Dove_CG wrote: »
    So, I know this is an old thread but I came here because I don't think Vlad should turn up as a random food vendor in San Myshuno and I was wondering if anyone had a way to stop that. It seems out of character for him, plus it somehow counts as him breaking in, which is just stupid. I wouldn't even care about those aspects except I had to reset him so that my Sim could go home (you WILL buy Vlad's baked goods; you WILL.)

Outside of this, I guess I'm lucky? I've never had problems with the vampires (but I lock doors just to keep random sims from waltzing in any way) and I like having them in my game. Although, I'm a little worried... I noticed Dirk Dreamer decided to move into Forgotten Hollow in one of my saves and I didn't put him there. I thought about moving him to Del Sol but I'm kind of excited about the prospect of him randomly being turned lol. XD

The only way to stop Vlad or the others showing up as random food vendors is to play their household and give them a job. I've done that with the Vatore siblings and it works.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Move them to StrangerVille. Vlad showed up the first time (as usual) but I never invite him in.

I have yet to see any vampire come to my house at night to drink, in StrangerVille. I think the vampires are afraid of the strangeness :D