Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Usually, how's your userpreset file size?

I'm just curious that it might cause lagging in buy mode and maybe loading time as well? Mine is now 45Kbs and starts to lag while styling objects. Do you have any lagging in buy mode?

Comments

• Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Mine is 753 KBs but I don't have any lag in buy mode or CAS. I wonder if your lag is maybe caused elsewhere? I use a couple of NRAAS mods that sorted out file bloating problems as well as lag due to routing issues. I would highly recommend them - especially now that the game is no longer receiving EA patches.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2018
    Mine is ~1 MB (1090 kb). I get lag in build/buy mode fairly frequently. I don't save object presets though. Most of my userPreset file has to be saved CASt favorites and saved CAS clothing presets. I (edit:) don't see how the lag I get in build/buy mode is related to my userPreset file size.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    Mine is 753 KBs but I don't have any lag in buy mode or CAS. I wonder if your lag is maybe caused elsewhere? I use a couple of NRAAS mods that sorted out file bloating problems as well as lag due to routing issues. I would highly recommend them - especially now that the game is no longer receiving EA patches.

Which mod can be recommended? I wish I had no lagging in buy mode. I don't have lagging in CAS though.

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Mine is ~1 MB (1090 kb). I get lag in build/buy mode fairly frequently. I don't save object presets though. Most of my userPreset file has to be saved CASt favorites and saved CAS clothing presets. I see how the lag I get in build/buy mode is related to my userPreset file size.

I noticed the file size doesn't cut down although I delete the saved presets in buy mode.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Mine is ~1 MB (1090 kb). I get lag in build/buy mode fairly frequently. I don't save object presets though. Most of my userPreset file has to be saved CASt favorites and saved CAS clothing presets. I see how the lag I get in build/buy mode is related to my userPreset file size.

I noticed the file size doesn't cut down although I delete the saved presets in buy mode.

Mine does, but the file seems to be updated only after I quit the game, not on saving or on deleting a saved preset or pattern.