Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you actually dress up your pets

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Mine gets a collar, and once in awhile she'll wear a denim jacket. She only dresses up like a taco on Tuesdays.

Taco on Tuesday, thanks for that idea
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not ordinary yet. I can see some situations I might want too.. like if I'm recreating a character dog that wears a scarf or if I'm making a certain type of stereotypical female character that dresses up her lap dog. Haven't done it yet though but it's there if I want it.
    I just don't like the thought personally. Most pets that I've seen dressed up look miserable and ashamed. I'm sure they can be trained to like it though..

Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

I made my hubby's service dog Ben, (finally) found a "service dog" type vest.

2wdmzbn.jpg
    20jpwl2.jpg

Here is a pic of our Ben.
    28mim87.jpg
    He's a Blond German Shepard
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2018
    No. I like to adopt strays for the fun of not knowing what you'll get. What kind of pet will I get? Will my Sim pick the first one he/she finds or will he/she be picky in his/her choice of pets? Once I have the pet, I really don't bother with dressing them. I fed, bathe and take care of them. That pet is lucky to have been taken off the streets, so why would I dress them?!

I do the same thing when I start a new game -- I'll start with one young adult and have him/her meet one of the computer generated NPCs. Will my Sim be selective and try to find out what he/she can before getting involved, or will he/she go for looks, seemed wealth (does the prospective mate look rich?), etc.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I actually find pet clothes pretty cute (even when in reality I would never put clothes on animals because it bothers them and they have fur already) and I do use some of the items from C&Ds like the collars, the bandanas and some of the costumes (the dragon one is too cute) for funsies. I don't know I'm all about things that are fun in the game because it's a game after all
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    IRL? No, never. I think it is pretty horrible unless it is necessary (like a thin-coated dog needing a sweater in the cold). Collars and training devices are necessary so I don't consider those to be pet clothes.

In TS4? I'll admit that some of the hoodies and halters have grown on me. I do let the TS4 pets wear them or have several outfits one of which might be a body sweater while the others are plain collars or walking gear. I guess I'm sort of gearing them up for Seasons because I already think of some of the worlds as being a bit chilly at times so I'll let the pet wear a sweater.

I have not put a pet in a grilled cheese hat or hot dog suit though. That's true IRL and in the game. I remember one of the dogs in my screen name being very annoyed when she'd have to wear a Santa hat during the holidays.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i do like the clothing options but i rarely use any of them
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's amusing that some of the same folks who have no problem with vampires breaking in at night, violating someone's home and biting them, think dressing up pets is such a horrible, unthinkable thing. :D

I'm in no big hurry to use the wacky costumes on the pets most of the time (I save that for quirky Sims), but come on. What a mix that kind of thinking is, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's amusing that some of the same folks who have no problem with vampires breaking in at night, violating someone's home and biting them, think dressing up pets is such a horrible, unthinkable thing. :D

I'm in no big hurry to use the wacky costumes on the pets most of the time (I save that for quirky Sims), but come on. What a mix that kind of thinking is, lol.

Stop with the logic already!
    We had a huge poodle looking dog and whenever he came back from the groomer he hid in shame and that bow in his hair was so embarrassing to him. He kept pawing at it. I've seen pets rolling around and scooching (is that a word?) trying to get the clothing off. Poor guys.
    But yeah we all think differently about so many things. I like the poster that said I can't dress them up in real life so might as well do it here. That makes sense to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    I don't dress them up.
  • Options
    Wildpawswolfie7Wildpawswolfie7 Posts: 6 New Member
    Indeed I do, in-game of course. My dogs everyday outfits are colourful bowties according to their fur colours, when they go on walks they wear shiny bedazzled collars. I love to treat them in a sophisticated way, it helps them have good manners lol if it's really cold out and they go to the park I'll put a warm sweater on them, often they wear stylish bandannas as well. I'm so very grateful that EA gave us the ability to not only dress up our pets, but also put multiple pieces of clothing on them at one time. I can put a bowtie and bandanna on my dog at the same time :D
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Alll of them have or will have collars. Sweaters or clothing depending on what kind of animal. If very short haired yes. When seasons comes along, absolutely! I'm from a seasonal country and winters can on occasion be quite harsh on our furry friends, especially the dogs.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Not really.
    Just a coller.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    No I never let my sims have a pet.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited March 2018
    lele62 wrote: »
    No. I like to adopt strays for the fun of not knowing what you'll get. What kind of pet will I get? Will my Sim pick the first one he/she finds or will he/she be picky in his/her choice of pets? Once I have the pet, I really don't bother with dressing them. I fed, bathe and take care of them. That pet is lucky to have been taken off the streets, so why would I dress them?!

I do the same thing when I start a new game -- I'll start with one young adult and have him/her meet one of the computer generated NPCs. Will my Sim be selective and try to find out what he/she can before getting involved, or will he/she go for looks, seemed wealth (does the prospective mate look rich?), etc.
    I like to adopt strays too. It is fun not to know what you're going to get. And yes I dress them up in game. I find it fun and cute. I have 3 cats IRL (they're my babies <3 ) and no I don't dress them up. They'd hate it I'm sure, lol. But this is just a game and the cats and dogs are fine with it in game.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    only used a scarf once on a dog
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I tried once but it didn't work.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes, all of them.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Very very rarely. But they do get collars / scarves a lot. And small dogs sometimes get costumes. Idk why but it's cute.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    only collars, I hate dressed up pets in games and irl.
    I only dressed up a cat one time because it's owner was a very excentric sim, it was fun but I preffer animals to look like animals, they're not dolls to dress up.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    No. I don’t dress them up unless dog shows exist in The Sims 4, which they don’t.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I only put a collar on mine. I don’t see the point in real life dressing up pets as they are animals and it’s the same for my sims
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Usually my pets will just wear a collar every day and also a harness for walking if they're a dog (much better for their neck). Sometimes they also have a jumper/coat outfit for cold weather depending on their breed/fur or a bandana just to look cute/cool in the summer.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Nope, I pretty much just give them a collar and that's it.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited August 2019
    It depends on the game. On my more normal (realistic?) saves I usually give them just collars and maybe a cute sweater to wear in the winter, but if I play one of my wackier saves I dress them just as ridiculously as I dress my Sims.

I never pretend that my Sims are humans and their pets aren't real either, so I find it okay to dress them sometimes. In real life I would never dress my pets.