March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope someone knows

I just got through reading about the different places on the jungle map from simsvip. I'm confused as from what she is showing I have been to all those places but when I go there and select travel the map still is showing question marks. Should they be showing up as unlocked what am I missing?

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    the question marks are permanent, to my knowledge.
    6riwm5.png
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    thank you! So that is all there is to this game pack? I'm so disappointed right now.. :'(
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    it is a bit confusing. some other folks discussed it here too if that helps at all.
    6riwm5.png
    Thank You for letting me know and the link. glad to know I'm not the only one confused by this gp.. :)
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I think it remains as "?" because certain doors open/close on certain trips - I've been through a couple on one vacation and the next time someone has been its been closed off. The whole "mystery" of the ever changing and that the temples change everyday - if you go one day and complete it, it will be different the next time you visit ^^
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    That is annoying as I had hoped to see my progress.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one but what I might start doing is writing down doors and which ones I have gone through and a landmark of what's there? In order to try (myself) to document where I've been and what doors have locked/opened

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is no "progress". In S3, you worked your way through the cave mazes and traps to complete the adventure, but then it was over and did not reset, so you couldn't play it again. It was a one shot deal. This game is set up so that there is no end game. You can go back as many times as you want and discover new treasures because the game changes and resets after every visit. There is no "progress" as such. It is a never ending game play. The traps and the temple changes after every visit so you never "progress" to an end point. Thus, every sim can have a different adventure that never ends until you want to stop.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There is no "progress". In S3, you worked your way through the cave mazes and traps to complete the adventure, but then it was over and did not reset, so you couldn't play it again. It was a one shot deal. This game is set up so that there is no end game. You can go back as many times as you want and discover new treasures because the game changes and resets after every visit. There is no "progress" as such. It is a never ending game play. The traps and the temple changes after every visit so you never "progress" to an end point. Thus, every sim can have a different adventure that never ends until you want to stop.

Which is exactly what a great vacation pack should be - where there is no end and a place one enjoys coming back to. Big thumbs up to the team on Jungle adventures - You described it beautifully and exactly the way it should be and what it actually is Dannydanbo.

I love coming back to the Jungle with all my sims as they all get to have their own adventures.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I don't mind any of that I just wanted the question marks gone is all.. I like that it resets every trip.. I guess I didn't make myself clear.
    Thank you @Writin_Reg

@CrazyboutTheSims Are the question marks really that big of a deal?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I don't mind any of that I just wanted the question marks gone is all.. I like that it resets every trip.. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Same. The question marks are bothersome
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Same. The question marks are bothersome

Even if there was just another way of doing it - a map in the inventory.. I know the fact it changes is the appeal and I get it, JA is one of my favourite packs so far and half the time I end up extending my vacation time

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    There is actually progress of a sort, although it is on a per-vacation basis, so I would like it if the question marks were to disappear over the course of particular vacation and were then reset for each new trip. My sims have now made so many visits to Selvadorada that I am starting to get confused between visits, especially when I have to take a break from playing in the middle of a vacation.
    @FKM100 I know what you mean, between vacations and games, I lose my way on what I have been doing etc or if I vacate for about a week or so I lose myself sometimes

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Thank you @Writin_Reg

They were at first when I got the gp.. because I kept going back thinking I was missing something and hadn't completed all of the different areas on the map. Then when I saw the pictures of each area on SimVip's site I realized that I had been to each one multiply times. I found it annoying thinking that the right paths were not opening up and my game might be glitched.. I hope that makes sense. :)

Thank you @Writin_Reg

They were at first when I got the gp.. because I kept going back thinking I was missing something and hadn't completed all of the different areas on the map. Then when I saw the pictures of each area on SimVip's site I realized that I had been to each one multiply times. I found it annoying thinking that the right paths were not opening up and my game might be glitched.. I hope that makes sense. :)

There's photos of all the areas?! Can you link me?

"wahoo" - aquaman
    The question marks are kind of ghosted and not brightly colored, so do the area description of the other neighborhoods bug you too? Do you want those to disappear from the map after you have visited those areas? They are much brighter and, IMO, would be more of a distraction than a ghosted question mark.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    The question marks are kind of ghosted and not brightly colored, so do the area description of the other neighborhoods bug you too? Do you want those to disappear from the map after you have visited those areas? They are much brighter and, IMO, would be more of a distraction than a ghosted question mark.

:) To me (I don't have the pack) that would annoy me, too. It would be like those Hidden Object games where the cursor keeps showing up as if you didn't pick up what was necessary (for inventory) and usually they close but in some games they forget to close the little scene so you keep mousing over it and zooming in only to find out it's them, not you, you've already collected whatever needed to be collected. I think if you are in the area then there should no longer be a question mark or on the map if you have already been there that day etc. Makes sense to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I can see them having a option to turn off "map markers" for those who things like this bothers - but for those who are not bothered and like to see the markers and direction one needs to go each time they go on vacation- well we should be able to have them - as it does mark each of the gates and you never know which ones will be open. You have to start at the trail-head marker to get to any of the rest - and some people may get lost if they haven't been on an adventure in a while without these very subtle reminders.

You need to go through what gates are open to get to the next gate. Without markers you could just keep roaming in a circle for some players. So I feel they are needed and not at all disruptive any more than any map markers are - so they need to be there for many players comfort factor.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Cinebar wrote: »

:) To me (I don't have the pack) that would annoy me, too. It would be like those Hidden Object games where the cursor keeps showing up as if you didn't pick up what was necessary (for inventory) and usually they close but in some games they forget to close the little scene so you keep mousing over it and zooming in only to find out it's them, not you, you've already collected whatever needed to be collected. I think if you are in the area then there should no longer be a question mark or on the map if you have already been there that day etc. Makes sense to me.

But if the treasures/relics reset when you go out of that map area, it is "new" and ready to be explored again. The point of this pack is that you never really complete any area because it always resets at some point, so, the question mark would always be there. In S3, your sim completed an adventure but it never reset. In S4, your sim never completes an adventure because it resets.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Yes, I like that it resets and you can go as many times as you like. And you can't complete a collection, if that's your thing, until you've been many times. The only thing that does bug me is that the relics you have to authentic, degrade in value and degrade to terracotta. So, it does you no good to use them for decor. I like to decorate my houses with the items brought back and save the house to my Gallery for future use. The plates and frogs remain the same though they lose value, which gold antiques should not do. However, the authenticated things degrade to terracotta and have to be re-authenticated and lose value. I don't think that should happen either.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
    edited March 2018
    Thank you @Writin_Reg

There's photos of all the areas?! Can you link me?

you need to scroll down to "Map of the Jungle" it shows pictures of all the hidden places.

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-jungle-adventure-guide/#Hidden

@CrazyboutTheSims You. ARE. A. STAR!

this makes my life so much easier! holy plum

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I wish that the "?" turned off, as you discovered that particular area! As of now, I'm uncertain if I've ever been to the island or not... Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know. Can you repeat the question? :/

If they turned off (during your vacation) once discovered, then reset after you leave (or something), so it's not so much confusion.

I'm so confused! :bawling:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!