Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After today's announcement, I'm officially afraid of Sims 4: Seasons...

Comments

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Lol I love how simmers love to get angry over stuff that has not happened/purely speculative.
  • Options
    PlantylPlantyl Posts: 53 Member
    @Lustianicia You said they will come up with excuses like it's too hard and the snow is too glitchy. Really? I think they did it very well in TS3 and TS2.
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    complete waste of money and they''re milking ppl for cash. I aint no cow therefore I wont be wasting my cash on this waste of space pack. Am I mad? yes! The havent thought last minute whipped together a pack and threw it out there, they must have known they were gonna make it, so it should have been a pets pack not a cats and dogs pack.
    They know ppl have waited for seasons for this game for ages now and they bring this...
    So if they decided yea lets bring a rat, snake, bird they will just make another pack and bring out the suction cups? yea dont think so.

And if they did do that with seasons, bring each season in a pack, I'd just unistall
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    complete waste of money and they''re milking ppl for cash. I aint no cow therefore I wont be wasting my cash on this waste of space pack. Am I mad? yes! The havent thought last minute whipped together a pack and threw it out there, they must have known they were gonna make it, so it should have been a pets pack not a cats and dogs pack.
    They know ppl have waited for seasons for this game for ages now and they bring this...
    So if they decided yea lets bring a rat, snake, bird they will just make another pack and bring out the suction cups? yea dont think so.

And if they did do that with seasons, bring each season in a pack, I'd just unistall

Sounds to me like somebody's feeling bitter. And personally offended. You do know the EP Devs and the SP Devs are different teams, right? This SP was probably EA's idea.

You know what? People who automatically judge something to be bad without proof just... annoy me, that's all. Plenty of 'em around right now, too, the moment that Dancing Hamster came out. I'm not saying EA isn't milking Cats&Dogs for all it's worth. Just that we don't KNOW the pack will be bad.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    graventhe wrote: »
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Yup. I'm saying it... after EA's complete lack of self awareness and common sense today, I'm officially terrified to see how Seasons will be implemented into The Sims 4. Until now, I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and thinking that they would NEVER divide Seasons into separate packs, but after seeing what they just did to Cats & Dogs, I'm HORRIFIED! All the content in the upcoming stuff pack is stuff that should've already been included in the most recent expansion pack... I guess Sims 4 truly has become nothing but a cash cow... which means Seasons certainly won't go well...

I can imagine it going like this:
    Sims 4: Spring Expansion Pack
    Sims 4: Summer Game Pack
    Sims 4: Fall Stuff Pack

And we simply won't get winter... the reason for that is because the developers will come up with all kinds of excuses... "It's too hard" and "The snow is too glitchy" would be the top two excuses. Plus, they'll probably throw in the "Weird stories" tagline to justify the existence of only 3 seasons in the game.

Also, for anyone who's going to argue against my stance or tell me that I'm "overreacting", why would that be? EA has literally just proven my point about this.
    Haha~ I can think better!!!

Sims 4: Spring The Farming Expansion.
    Sims 4: Summer The Beach Resort.
    Sims 4: Fall The Dairy Ranch Stampe
    Sims 4: Winter: Ski-Resort Vacation

More like Sims 4 Spring then shortly followed by farming SP
    Summer GP followed by beach SP
    and so on..
    Fall GP followed by falling leaves SP (I won't even be surprised)
    I don't know whether to cry or laugh

My thought exactly... Although, maybe we even get all the seasons in one expansion but the add-ons still looks possible to me.
  • Options
    SyntheticFacadeSyntheticFacade Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Ancaryvan said:
    > Haha~ I can think better!!!
    >
    > Sims 4: Spring The Farming Expansion.
    > Sims 4: Summer The Beach Resort.
    > Sims 4: Fall The Dairy Ranch Stampe
    > Sims 4: Winter: Ski-Resort Vacation

If this was how it was implemented (ie: a new map with a beach and resort to stay at for a vacation for summer), I could be convinced that this wouldn't be SO bad... but I have a feeling they'd just make you buy each season individually and that's all you would get. That seems to be how they're doing things now. It wasn't a "Pets" expansion, it was "Cats and Dogs" with "Hamsters" coming later and possibly "Reptiles" next and so on. It wasn't "Supernatural", it was "Vampires" (which, admittedly, they did a great job on), with plenty of room for "Werewolves" next as an additional cash grab, and then "Witches" or whatever. It wasn't "Generations", we got "Toddlers Stuff", "Children's Stuff", and "Parenthood". They're breaking everything down so we have to spend extra money to get the full experience. I'm not opposed to this if they do a good job, but if the hamster DLC for the C&D DLC is an indication of what's to come: it won't be a good job. :(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hey, I'll take what I can get.
    Take? You must be a game changer. Or did you mean buy?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I'm one of the rarities who've been happy with the game. But if they don't give me a quality Seasons expansion I will be angry beyond belief. Selling each season in an individual expansion would make me lose it. Just give me Seasons!
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't think that's going to happen. I get why people are saying that, but I feel like that's the point when people will stop buying Sims 4 Packs, because that's truly ridiculous. I don't think even the people who absolutely love Sims 4 would go for something that ludicrous.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I can definitely see them leaving out a key feature we've come to expect with Seasons and them giving us a pitiful excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if they did decide to divide it up either. People whinge saying that we're being downers and/or jumping to rash conclusions, but our line of thought has been validated. We've consistently been given less for 4 and this new stuff pack requiring an expansion pack module isn't a sign of things improving, it's the exact opposite and only proves our points.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I can definitely see them leaving out a key feature we've come to expect with Seasons and them giving us a pitiful excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if they did decide to divide it up either. People whinge saying that we're being downers and/or jumping to rash conclusions, but our line of thought has been validated. We've consistently been given less for 4 and this new stuff pack requiring an expansion pack module isn't a sign of things improving, it's the exact opposite and only proves our points.

I'd like to think they'll leave out the range of options from the EP that I liked from TS3. "Oh, you didn't want snow in Oasis Springs? Well then too bad!"
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The Sims has always been one of my favorite video games ever, so I understand the pain as well... but it gets so infuriating! Especially when previous games (especially Sims 2) were more about pleasing the players, as opposed to simply just making money. To be honest, I cannot think of a single criticism about any of the expansion or stuff packs that were released for Sims 2 when it comes to features and content. Those packs were filled with new things to do every time. It was never lacking

Yeah, I remember I was active on the sims forum back in TS2 times, and it was nothing but cheer every time new content was released. Every time they got us either an expansion or a stuff pack, it would always live up to the name of the pack. On the back of the game cover (this was when you had to buy them in the store lol), they would usually write something like "more than X amount of items!". Now they don't, because the amount of clothes, interior etc isn't really something amazing anymore lol.
    I mean, there needs to be an end to how much we can tolerate until we start saying enough is enough.

And I want to take a stand. I write on these forums, like many others, but what else can we do? I am a huge fan and I want to have every DLC because I just have to. If the sales drop, there's a chance they'll listen, but they also might not have budget to make the game we want though.

After they announced the "game pack"-format back when the release of TS4 was coming, I knew something like this would happen. Less content. It makes me sad, really. :'(

I think you're right in saying they don't have the budget to make the game we want. Somebody upstairs made that decision. It's too bad, this game could be so much more than it is. Picture the Sims we have in 4 and all the stuff we had in 3, along with the things people liked in 2. Now there is a game.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Oh god, I would hope not but I love seasons, it makes the game so much more real to me so I sadly would be buying them but not right away and they would have to be good (can't say very good). This does make me worried for the future of TS4, I just think this First Pet thing could have been an update like they did with toddlers.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I agree OP. This concerns me for any future content.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I think it's good news for the Seasons EP personally. I love Seasons so much and it's such a broad theme that I feel like there's no way one pack is going to cover everything, so I'm happy that there's a precedent of a pack that further expands a theme that has already been explored. If one day we get packs about farming, or some new outdoor hobby, I sure hope it will have some extra content to tie it in with Seasons. Imagine if Seasons introduce a new outdoor clothes category that goes above the existing clothes. I'd love if there were some new extra coat in other SPs afterward !

That was one of my concern for the Eco Living pack too, solar panels and wind turbines sounded fun but would have been a bit off without Seasons.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Apparently they have until September to get it right if the rumours are true so I don't mind if you keep milking your fears for all you are worth until then but I am giving up on speculation after this week!
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I hope they wouldn't do that. I mean the recent backlash is nothing compared to the backlash they would get if this happened. They not ready for that.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I'm also feeling that.

The future feels 'I don't want to know' :| to me it the smaller the packs get the more....Microtransactions it feels.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I think it's good news for the Seasons EP personally. I love Seasons so much and it's such a broad theme that I feel like there's no way one pack is going to cover everything, so I'm happy that there's a precedent of a pack that further expands a theme that has already been explored. If one day we get packs about farming, or some new outdoor hobby, I sure hope it will have some extra content to tie it in with Seasons. Imagine if Seasons introduce a new outdoor clothes category that goes above the existing clothes. I'd love if there were some new extra coat in other SPs afterward !

That was one of my concern for the Eco Living pack too, solar panels and wind turbines sounded fun but would have been a bit off without Seasons.

What a well thought out post! I didn't think of it that way but yeah, you're right! What I think they'll do is release an over weather EP with animations related to the changing weathers, but then add GP and SPs devoted to each season. We've already had a fall themed SP with spooky day. They've already said that EPs bringing overall game changing features that are meant to be features that influence your whole game (clubs, actove jobs etc) whereas GP and SP are much more niche concepts that simmers can pick and choose from.

And I'm all for it! I'm also a little hesitant to say, but I think we may actually get the most seasons related content for a series yet. But that may be extremely optimistic.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I have to agree. I never ever thought we’d see this day with a stuff pack based on an expansion pack. It really just makes me sad.

I absolutely see them splitting up weather now. Or, potentially, giving us the seasons but if you want to do anything with those seasons, you also have to buy the stuff packs like beach stuff, snowy stuff, fall stuff... basically you’ll have to buy them to really have a full seasons experience. They can get away with it. But not with me. It hurts but at some point I have to say enough is enough. I can’t picture myself spending more money on this game. Perhaps I will once the whole game is out and done and I can get a collection for very cheap.

I can’t say I ever thought things were perfect with sims 4, but I’ve never felt so negative about EA as I do right now.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Neia wrote: »

I don’t think people mind about the fact they are building on a theme. They mind they put content in there everybody expected in the EP (like before). Adding a nice winter coat to an SP is fine of course. But adding snow seperately because the EP only contained leafless trees, weather reports and sims doing brrr brrr for winter would be something else.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. However, I'm watching sims team real close
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Plantyl wrote: »
    @Lustianicia You said they will come up with excuses like it's too hard and the snow is too glitchy. Really? I think they did it very well in TS3 and TS2.

TS2 and TS3 had different development teams than TS4. They aren't the same. I never said anything negative about seasons in Sims 2 or Sims 3. You obviously haven't been paying much attention to this iteration of the franchise... the development team for Sims 4 has done nothing but come up with excuses for why the game is so lacking. So, yeah... "it's too hard" and "snow is too glitchy" are very possible excuses for them to come up with.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Sounds to me like somebody's feeling bitter. And personally offended. You do know the EP Devs and the SP Devs are different teams, right? This SP was probably EA's idea.

You know what? People who automatically judge something to be bad without proof just... annoy me, that's all. Plenty of 'em around right now, too, the moment that Dancing Hamster came out. I'm not saying EA isn't milking Cats&Dogs for all it's worth. Just that we don't KNOW the pack will be bad.

Nobody's saying the actual content of the upcoming pack is going to be bad... in fact, I've been waiting to see small animals make a return... the problem we're having is the fact that it's a completely separate pack from the actual pets expansion pack. Cats & Dogs is supposed to be The Sims 4's pet expansion... and it should've also included smaller animals. But they decided to make it a cash opportunity instead. That's the issue we're having with it. And it's also why I simply won't purchase the stuff pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top