Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why wasn't this Small Pets SP announced in the Quarterly Teaser?

This was an unprecedented and calculated move.
It came out of the blue and I really wonder why.

Perhaps not to infuriate people for too long and have some impulsive sales instead of having the forums explode for a month or two?
Speculate away, I would love to hear your theories.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Graham's explanation on Twitter:

Because of its dependency on The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, we wanted to wait to show it until we could fully discuss it. I'll be sharing details on how it works shortly here.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh my...That's the excuse?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited March 2018
    *Deleted*, wrong thread lol
    So they are not even bothering to give a decent excuse.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    Finallly, this team & EA are pretty the same : liars.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's certainly interesting that they announced it almost IMMEDIATELY after Jungle Adventure hit the shelves.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    They said they wanted to wait to show it due to its reliance on the C&D Expansion.

I imagine they were wanting to avoid the outrage that they are currently experiencing. Having that reaction back then would have forced them to make changes to the pack. Now they’ve resorted to misleading people.

What exactly do you find misleading?
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Misleading about what? You mean they didn't mention you'd get more from this pack with C&D?

Oh wait, no... that's not it. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I am not buying this pack as it should be in cats and dogs
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    That is not a valid excuse at all... If they felt the need to provide a justification as to why they're selling an add-on to another piece of DLC, instead of including it in the first place, then they're acknowledging the fact that it is wrong, and is merely a way to steal money from us; and if that's the case they should have made changes to the pack, rather than hiding the problem for a later date...

SMH... this is a new low, even for EA...
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    That is not a valid excuse at all... If they felt the need to provide a justification as to why they're selling an add-on to another piece of DLC, instead of including it in the first place, then they're acknowledging the fact that it is wrong, and is merely a way to steal money from us; and if that's the case they should have made changes to the pack, rather than hiding the problem for a later date...

SMH... this is a new low, even for EA...

It is and it is sad to see this happening.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The really interesting question is why they didn't bother to overshadow the launch of TS Mobile with this controversial SP announcement.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    2. they wanted to give us as little opportunity as possible to express our outrage before the stuff pack is out.

I think this is the REAL reason. How did they expect people to react? They knew people would be annoyed. If they had put this in the quarterly teaser people would be complaining for months, and they didn't want that.

filipomel wrote: »
    They said they wanted to wait to show it due to its reliance on the C&D Expansion.

I imagine they were wanting to avoid the outrage that they are currently experiencing. Having that reaction back then would have forced them to make changes to the pack. Now they’ve resorted to misleading people.

This tweet right here. The pet is one thing, it just comes in different colors. That’s like saying Cats and Dogs came with dozens of different animals - it did not it came with cats and dogs. The pattern variations are minuscule differences that only affect their outward appearance. Not enough to classify something as entirely different. So yes I find this tweet very misleading.

Ok but we don’t know yet if these different rodents have exclusive behaviour/interactivity, so until we find out it’s not misleading.

This tweet right here. The pet is one thing, it just comes in different colors. That’s like saying Cats and Dogs came with dozens of different animals - it did not it came with cats and dogs. The pattern variations are minuscule differences that only affect their outward appearance. Not enough to classify something as entirely different. So yes I find this tweet very misleading.

Ok but we don’t know yet if these different rodents have exclusive behaviour/interactivity, so until we find out it’s not misleading.

We know now, they don't.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    It's certainly interesting that they announced it almost IMMEDIATELY after Jungle Adventure hit the shelves.

The Obvious Conclusion I came come up is either their losing profit or really really desperate for money.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Thank you @AlbaWaterhouse !

As I said filipomel his tweet was misleading. He was trying to make it out like there were more to this pack than one hamster with different color swatches.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member

Yet they still haven't given an explanation???
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

As I said filipomel his tweet was misleading. He was trying to make it out like there were more to this pack than one hamster with different color swatches.

Ok there's one question answered, was his wording misleading? Perhaps a little, but I don't think it's something to make a fuss over, we're getting a new pet and it has some variety in its appearance.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Ok there's one question answered, was his wording misleading? Perhaps a little, but I don't think it's something to make a fuss over, we're getting a new pet and it has some variety in its appearance.

I will kindly ask that you don’t determine what is worthy of “making a fuss over” for other people. The SimGurus are an official source of information about upcoming releases, when they tweet information that has intentionally misleading verbiage I will call it like I see it. It doesn’t matter to me how you feel on the matter, some of us take these things rather seriously.