Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    RnM92 wrote: »
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}

I agree that this SP is a symbol for a hidden price rise in TS4 - but is this really such a sin? Can we expect EPs to cost 40 dollars in TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4 while in the same time inflation and wages have risen by 35 %? I think a lot of angry posters here are pupils and have never worked for a company that struggles every year to make profit and save their employees jobs. For me that is the daily reality and I don't agree with all these calls to have everything for free.

That might apply to a small business or indie developer, but like I just said EA is making record profits, they are certainly not struggling. They have been making billions, much of it off lootboxes (and this is profit, not revenue). And as games are actually now getting cheaper to make, keeping the price at $40 dollars shouldn't be an issue. And even if it was, I'd be happy to pay another few quid and get a full expansion, rather than have everything carved up. There's enough info out there that EA is always trying to make as much money as possible using often disingenuous tactics, so it shouldn't come as a surprise they're doing this to the Sims.

Generally true, but imagine the outcry if Cats & Dogs (with hamster) had cost 50 $ ... I don't know anything about EA's financial situation, but I think making profit with PC games is not getting easier.

Personally I don't think it would be. They've already put up the price of EPs in my country by £5 and nobody's complained. I think splitting stuff up and selling it in more packs is far more disingenuous, and if you look at the poll on whether people are buying it there's a lot of other people who see it as a cash grab.

That's not true, big publishers are currently making record profits from video games (and that's PC as well as console, plus the Sims 4 is now on console). One reason is that there's far more people playing video games than there used to be, they're making a killing off microtransations and the technology required to make them is getting cheaper, especially with this game where the graphics are far, far from cutting edge.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited March 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »

You just used the sims 1-3 to justify your beliefs in the previous comments.... Why can't they do the same?

The difference is I am comparing to show what they are capable of and why there's no good reason we can't have the same because they've done it before. You are doing it to silence my criticism of this pack. You are basically saying "well it happened in the Sims 3 so stop complaining because nothing's changed".
    You got the inside scoop on their coding? Dang that's crazy. When's University coming?!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018

You just used the sims 1-3 to justify your beliefs in the previous comments.... Why can't they do the same?

The difference is I am comparing to show what they are capable of and why there's no good reason we can't have the same because they've done it before. You are doing it to silence my criticism of this pack. You are basically saying "well it happened in the Sims 3 so stop complaining because nothing's changed".
    You got the inside scoop on their coding? Dang that's crazy. When's University coming?!

Erm, nope, it's called common sense. If a game that was created in 2000 can add small pets to a Pets EP along with lots of other things not present in Cats and Dogs (doghouses, a variety of pet beds, pet competitions, pet shops), then there is no reason why it can't be done a whole 17 years later, with the massive advances computer technology has made since.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Ill buy it for the fish tank table. I don't really dress up my cats and dogs but Ive never seen a reason to.

It's really sad to see that you want pay 10$ just for a tank table.

Hey, I've paid $10 for a pizza that was gone the same evening more times than I can count. This tank table will last years, man.

True very true.
    7 more exciting days to watch these forums devolve into chaos and madness >:)

Prehaps a Livestream will change people's mind.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    seven days of unbridled discourse for us all to enjoy while we await the release of the most anticipated Stuff Pack of the century! I for one am very excited for the potential commoner uprising.
    6riwm5.png
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Good! I didn't have to wait long for new stuff for my sims . I hope we get new things every month for now on .
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

You really think there will be a livestream? I just can't imagine it with all the uproar and anger going on in the community. And the sudden announcement proves they knew how we were going to react and are keeping a low profile with this one.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Hamster and furniture look great, but does anybody ever use these pet clothes?

I guess people like me, who are closer to the target group (in what we want from the game, not in our age). It's not so different from enjoying playing sims in the criminal career: a thing you'd never condone irl but that can be fun in a game. At the moment I'm leaning 50% towards buying the pack and the costumes are the main reason for that.

They probably didn't anticipate the avalanche on the forums when they prepared the trailer, but starting it with "Do you own pets & dogs" when the main gripe is the SP requirering the EP (and the secondmost critique being that these items could easily have been included in the EP, the SP being a money grab), ugh, that's not the most clever marketing move.

Then have fun with the costumes :) . I'm sure this will be the best selling SP of the series.

Can I safely assume that the second sentence was sarcasm? I may underestimate the pull of cute little furry animals carrying lethal diseases here, but I wouldn't attribute the SP that much potential.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I don't know if I can WAIT for LGR's review. It will be a hard wait. *sigh*
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Hamster and furniture look great, but does anybody ever use these pet clothes?

I guess people like me, who are closer to the target group (in what we want from the game, not in our age). It's not so different from enjoying playing sims in the criminal career: a thing you'd never condone irl but that can be fun in a game. At the moment I'm leaning 50% towards buying the pack and the costumes are the main reason for that.

They probably didn't anticipate the avalanche on the forums when they prepared the trailer, but starting it with "Do you own pets & dogs" when the main gripe is the SP requirering the EP (and the secondmost critique being that these items could easily have been included in the EP, the SP being a money grab), ugh, that's not the most clever marketing move.

Then have fun with the costumes :) . I'm sure this will be the best selling SP of the series.

Can I safely assume that the second sentence was sarcasm? I may underestimate the pull of cute little furry animals carrying lethal diseases here, but I wouldn't attribute the SP that much potential.

We'll see ;) . There's a big difference between what people say and what they buy.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    I am excited!! Love this SP, and mostly the rodent who went to space :D

You really think there will be a livestream? I just can't imagine it with all the uproar and anger going on in the community. And the sudden announcement proves they knew how we were going to react and are keeping a low profile with this one.

Yep. It's coming Friday at 11am Pacific 2 pm Eastern. Just announced.
    I think a lot of people are happy with this SP, they just don't feel the need to yell as loud as the angry people ;)
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited March 2018

Erm, nope, it's called common sense. If a game that was created in 2000 can add small pets to a Pets EP along with lots of other things not present in Cats and Dogs (doghouses, a variety of pet beds, pet competitions, pet shops), then there is no reason why it can't be done a whole 17 years later, with the massive advances computer technology has made since.

But I can't use TS3's store as a comparison to current TS4 content? Ok. I still stand by my initial post. It's business. Unfortunately not much we can do. Vote with your wallet.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    I think a lot of people are happy with this SP, they just don't feel the need to yell as loud as the angry people ;)

I'm very happy with this pack. Can't wait to add it to my game and even down the road I'm going to add it when it comes to the consoles as well.

I'm very happy with this pack. Can't wait to add it to my game and even down the road I'm going to add it when it comes to the consoles as well.

Me 2! I loved all the items, they are so fun. Love the aquatable too! And can't wait to see what the rodents are up to :D
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I do like the new kitty litter. The other ones were so hard to place, I always had to place them in the bathroom or on a balcony it just never looked good having the cats bathroom in the middle of the living room. With the new one in the trailer it looks like it can blend into the other rooms in the house.
    Agree!

Oh and can we talk about the size of the rodent habitat!!! Finally the caged pets get more room, I really love that. Rodents need more space than a lot of people think.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    The Cat and Dog stuff in this pack is all practically replicas of what we already bought. Those things should be patched to us because there is no reason they shouldn't have been in the expansion pack, which did fall short of pet objects. They are selling us one small pet at a time while sticking in some filler content of re-used meshes. I wonder what stuff pack birds will be included in? And reptiles? And rabbits? What will they use for filler with those? How much money will it cost us in the end to get a selection of small pets? Even the Influencers on Youtube are confused and concerned. This is not a good sign for the direction of the Sims 4.

I'm not trying to tell people what to do with their money, but I am asking that everyone at least thinks this over a little bit. EA is a company that continuously gets voted "worst gaming company of the year". There is a good reason for that. If the players allow this kind of skimping practice with the Sims 4, then we are never going to get the things we want in this game, and we are never going to be able to afford all of it.

I have mostly supported the Stuff Packs because they have usually been independent themes with a low cost and include some unique gameplay items. But this one reeks of corporate greed and I cannot, in good will, get behind it. I don't need a virtual hamster that badly.
    #Team Occult
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Yes, and the habitat looks nice and we don't have to zoom in and squint to see whats inside xD
    I don't really care about the 'Influencers' on YouTube. I play my game, not theirs. ;) And of course EA wants to earn money, but I am not so shocked about their choices. I do not think the EP fell short. But I understand if you have a different opinion and that's ok.

Please let this thread be the one positive thread about this SP. :#
    I don't really care about the 'Influencers' on YouTube. I play my game, not theirs. ;) And of course EA wants to earn money, but I am not so shocked about their choices. I do not think the EP fell short. But I understand if you have a different opinion and that's ok.

Please let this thread be the one positive thread about this SP. :#

Agreed. I don't want my countdown thread getting deleted cause it goes into flaming and off topic and in fact we need to get this thread back on topic with how many days is left.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    My only issue is I've just started at new game with a single sim and will probably have to wait awhile to see the toddlers, kids, and dog interact with the little furbabies.