Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2018
    So it's a stuff pack coming March 13th, it has a hamster (with different little rodents , but it honestly looks like it does the same as the hamster just with a reskin) with new pet objects, and pet clothes...

So yeah...-shrug- Why couldn't they just add this to cats & dogs...I don't know...

EDIT : OH yeah and that was a sim costume in the teaser, you get to dress like a big hammie...yay?
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I mean, I can understand a horse GP. They're very complicated to make, and there are opportunities to go in-depth with them.

But a stuff pack that expands on a recent expansion, where you'll miss out on some SP content if you don't own said expansion. I'm so baffled.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I was about to post in the countdown thread, but I didn't want to ruin the good vibe that thread is supposed to have. This is the first pack that I'm really confused about and that has me worried about the direction of the game. Someone please explain why this needed to be a pack of its own.

People were disappointed about the lack of variety in pet objects that came with Cats and Dogs, and now it seems everyone's suspicions are being confirmed: They've been holding back stuff to sell to us separately. This has got to be become the Big Backlash Pack, the Katy Perry of The Sims 4.

At least things can only get better from here...?

Maybe if they bring in Seasons properly...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2018
    My concern is that it is more than just outfits though. I think I saw a new pet bed, cat condo, and maybe a litterbox. I'm worried how much of the content requires Cats and Dogs to actually have a use for them.

Edit: Cat condo around 0:22 sec, litterbox? around 0:26, Pet bed around 0:36
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I don't really know how to feel about this. Part of me is excited that we're getting small pets, the other half is shouting at my screen saying this should have been included in Cats and Dogs! I mean, there were a lot of clothes for the pets which resemble clothes from the base game, and other stuff packs, for example I saw a bee costume on a cat which is clearly the same as the one from Toddler Stuff - this just looks like stuff which should have been in the original expansion!

I'm just waiting for LGR's review until I jump to conclusions!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Vulori wrote: »
    My concern is that it is more than just outfits though. I think I saw a new pet bed, cat condo, and maybe a litterbox. I'm worried how much of the content requires Cats and Dogs to actually have a use for them.

Half of its content maybe? I'd only pay $5 for that plum at MOST.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I feel sorry for the hamster that gets blasted off in the rocket ship as he is going to get squashed when the rocket ship hits the ceiling.

A bit harsh - unless it is a Kamikaze hamster that had had enough of The Sims he was living with and decided to just end it all.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. It's a bit too dark, please steer away from murdery remarks.}

Never in my simming live would have thought that expension packs would need stuff packs to expand there missing content.

We should have predicted this ever since they named the pack cats and dogs, oh wait i think we did.

I'm very disappointed I'm very ashamed

I no longer want to be simmer in this age.

They did the exact same thing with the Sims 3 in the Sims 3 Store, it's not like they haven't done it before.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    What is the problem? Do you remember the TS3 Store sold cows and chickens tied to an object, and this looks about the same (just much better value). :confused:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: quote removed.}

I won't be buying the pack, but I hope they'll at least patch in something that improves the cats and dogs I already have.

They couldn't be bothered to let dogs sleep on beds or kids walk their dogs, but they could make a $10 SP that adds new pet clothes and pet furniture. Ugh.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Have people forgotten that probably the reason why Cats & Dogs sold so well is because they marked the price down by 50% the very day it was released and I believe for 2 whole months after? People I'm sure were buying it like crazy thinking they got a great value. And now we see the reason EA marked it down: So they could get everyone to buy Cats & Dogs and then a couple months later sell them another $10 pack which requires Cats & Dogs.

I don't know whether to be amazed or amused.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they're gonna play loyal customers like that, but it'll work for them. They'll get the money and keep the customers because there aren't any actual competitors out there
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    We get a void critter as a pet, hamster, rat and headchog
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that the "My First" name refers to rodents being starter pets for kids who aren't ready to care for cats and dogs.

Still, the idea is very brazen. Not only will I never buy this under any price, but I'm also very tempted to stop buying any future Sims 4 DLC if this is the treatment we're going to get.

that is more or less how i feel -_-but you know what somehow there are people who are very excited about this. i mean someone told me this seems more like a must buy then a seasons expansion pack would be.

I get people being excited about this ( if you ignore they are basically scamming us) because there are people that love hamsters. But how is THIS a must buy...... It's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hamster reskinned into more little animals, same animations for all, just a few new furniture and old furniture from C&Ds reskinned............ man, this is not a must buy. I'll probably buy this in the future because I'm interested in the hamsters and the furniture (especially that coffee table) but I understand why people won't likely buy it
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    Vulori wrote: »

The pet bed looks better, but it's literally the same. IT'S A SHAME. Today for me EA and The Sims Franchise is worst that what I would never believe.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    So anyone wanna buy a pitchfork?

I'm going to hold out for the boiling pitch.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I'm going to buy it, because I like the content I see.. but it essentially means that the "pet" EP ended up being a $50 pack :|

If you are buying it, you're just inviting them to raise the price and slow development even more than they already do. This pack basically means both a $10 increase and a 3 month delay to some small pets.

What are you gonna do when they want $20 for a Horse GP?
    What are you gonna do when they want $10 for another parrot SP?
    What are you gonna do when they want another $20 for a Pet career GP?

You are asking to be price-gouged if you buy this. It's your choice and it's your money, but I would highly advise not just thinking about the here-and-now and what you see in front of you, but also about the future implications and the future costs.

I won't argue with your point (you're right), but it isn't unusual behavior for a large company. I simply decide if something is worth my money or not, if I personally don't like it I don't buy it. I'm not attempting to simply buy everything the put out, this pack just compliments my play style.
    I do realize this is a raw deal for many though, especially if they have a strict budget.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: quote removed}

It looks good to me. I even sent Graham a tweet and told him it would be my favorite pack. That aquarium coffee table did it for me.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like the stuff in it but it looks like I might as well put in a monthly Direct Debit to EA if I want everything from now on. :(:(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It has been announced (somewhere) that Cats and Dogs is the highest selling EP of Sims 4. EA has dollar signs in their eyes at this point. They see a capitalistic opportunity and they are running top speed with it. People were complaining about missing small pets, so the company heads know that they are in huge demand and are sitting comfortably up in their spacious offices, clearing some room for all of the piles of money about to come in, while rubbing their hands and twirling their moustaches.

Seriously, how many small pets stuff packs do you think they are planning right now? This one specifies it is only the first, and most of those objects look like they even use the same meshes from the expansion, the very expansion that was short on pet objects. Well, now it has been confirmed why.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Oh if not for the little animals I would not buy it - but I just have to have those little pets. Maybe they should have called it something else since cats and dogs already had enough stuff.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This pack is beyond ridiculous as if $40 for cats and dogs and no other pets was bad enough now they're going to nickel and dime the Sims community for $10 for each additional pet. The only thing that looks decent is the aquarium coffee table but with the basic low detail fish we have now its not even worth it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"