Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED: Guinea Pig Disease in new Stuff Pack!!

1235...Next

Comments

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Yup, the illness can kill Vampires! Woot! The embarassing hamster suit when they're ghosts is just a bonus!

I think Graham just made a miracle. He made me wanna play a Vampire! >:)>:)

Rather briefly if it all goes to plan....
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I have to say I love the new death on the stream!! I liked the male hair but wasn’t crazy about the build and buy items. I can see where and how I’d use it but facing the fact the my PC is evil and still dead :( I have to wait!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited March 2018
    The new death and ghost are pretty awesome!! Too bad a feature like this had to be confined to a pack that is starting such a raucous in the Sims community! A common request is more death and danger and this definitely fits the bill!
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I was missing bits and pieces of the stream and wanted to know for sure, the two rodent cures that were shown - does the first one just cure illness and not make you immune? I hope so! >:)

d0iIgcu.png?1

I watched the stream and yes, that is the case. The first one just cures the disease but does not make you immune. The second one makes you immune.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    The new death is definitely on the morbid side with the foaming of the mouth...

I like it actually. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > The new death is definitely on the morbid side with the foaming of the mouth...
    >
    > I like it actually. :p

It is on the morbid side. That is the appeal. I am so stoked for this ghost. It is the main reason I am buying it.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They ghost and the new death type is pretty cool! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    *looks over at my IRL guinea pigs* don't get any funny ideas. I know you hate me for all those ear meds I've had to give you >.>

I am wondering though, because didn't they say there would be no guinea pigs in this pack? I figure someone will mod it so that there are (and hopefully, cages without wire bottoms or the spinning wheel of death because I won't accept those for my real life rodents, nor will I accept them for my digital ones)
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    boopish wrote: »
    *looks over at my IRL guinea pigs* don't get any funny ideas. I know you hate me for all those ear meds I've had to give you >.>

I am wondering though, because didn't they say there would be no guinea pigs in this pack? I figure someone will mod it so that there are (and hopefully, cages without wire bottoms or the spinning wheel of death because I won't accept those for my real life rodents, nor will I accept them for my digital ones)

IMO the 'hamsters' look like a guinea pig/hamster mix than actual hamsters. I am disappointed about it because I've had 4 hamsters when I was younger and the 'hamsters' in this pack look chubbier than actual hamsters, so their body shape to me resembles a guinea pig but with a hamster-ish head. Wish they looked more like hamsters, but oh well. I call them hampigs.

• boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    boopish wrote: »

IMO the 'hamsters' look like a guinea pig/hamster mix than actual hamsters. I am disappointed about it because I've had 4 hamsters when I was younger and the 'hamsters' in this pack look chubbier than actual hamsters, so their body shape to me resembles a guinea pig but with a hamster-ish head. Wish they looked more like hamsters, but oh well. I call them hampigs.

"Hampigs" that's pretty accurate. Yeah, they're too small to be guinea pigs but too big to be hamster. They're just some weird hybrid...
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCspo1jvfY

A proper video of the Rapid Rodent Disease death, it's so creepy, I'm excited to use it, I'm going to infect all of my active households and make them all die :naughty:
    Post edited by Jonathan777 on
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
    ^^I personally like the foam at the mouth, but I'm wondering if it might be a bit too much for some simmers, lol.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Does anyone have a pic of what the vampires look like as ghosts? Is it the same as a normal Sim death? Does vampire hamster ghost have bigger fangs or anything?
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Great! just order a cheap cure from the computer and your sim's oh so deadly disease magically disappears. No challenge at all
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    > @tobumon said:
    > Does anyone have a pic of what the vampires look like as ghosts? Is it the same as a normal Sim death? Does vampire hamster ghost have bigger fangs or anything?

It likely looks the same as a normal sim as vampires look like humans when not in their vampire form. My curiosity is about when they are in vampire form, do they look like a rabid hamster, or do they look like a ghost version of their living vampire form.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    ^^I personally like the foam at the mouth, but I'm wondering if it might be a bit too much for some simmers, lol.

I really hope we don't have people buying the pack and then get triggered and need their safe space from the rabies death!!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    That poor doggie. He's so confused. :p
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    Does anyone know what you have to do/not do to get the cages to become dirty? My cages won't get dirty, I even used super speed to skip ahead about a week. @SimGuruGraham am I doing something wrong?
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Does anyone know what you have to do/not do to get the cages to become dirty? My cages won't get dirty, I even used super speed to skip ahead about a week. @SimGuruGraham am I doing something wrong?

You don't have to do anything, but it took about 5 days before my sims's hamster cage got dirty. Then, if you want them to get sick, you have to be careful because the sims will autonomously clean the cage.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited March 2018
    Watch Lazy Gamer's Review. It looks like a version of Rabies, the disease, that is. Also, some are suggesting the only ones turned into a guinea pig or hamster ghost are vampires. Unsure if that's true.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LUVtaliaLUVtalia Posts: 25 Member
    What’s that disease? rabies?
    Watch Lazy Gamer's Review. It looks like a version of Rabies, the disease, that is. Also, some are suggesting the only ones turned into a guinea pig or hamster ghost are vampires. Unsure if that's true.
    It's not true. You become a hamster ghost even if you are just a regular sim. :)

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think I’m gonna do a save where this disease spreads through the whole town and everyone starts becoming hamster ghosts. Then I’ll have one sim living in a tent far away trying to survive in this apocalypse.