Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vampires been nerfed recently? NOPE!

I recently mentioned that Vampire break-ins had changed in the last patch. This was incorrect. Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We won't water them down. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an idiot. Sorry to cause panic.

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

I recently mentioned that Vampire break-ins had changed in the last patch. This was incorrect. Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We won't water them down. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an plum. Sorry to cause panic.

YAY!!!! <3
    #Team Occult
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank the guru gods! I'm very happy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Thank you!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm SO glad you're just an plum and that we didn't actually have a nerf. Best news today. :p<3

Thanks a bunch for clarifying and assuring us that things will remain just the way we love them with Vampires.

*Blinks blazing inferno out of eyes. Collapses demon wings. Shakes off apocalyptic maelstrom. Retracts claws. Sits daintily, smoothing out skirt. Tucks errant hair behind ear. Smiles sweetly.*
    #Team Occult
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Thank you!
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Your vampire GP still rocks!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you!
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks so much @SimGuruDrake <3
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm speechless. Happy, but speechless :) And thanks for the reassurance *thumbs up*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Well, now you have to solve the bug that is effecting our games... why does Vlad not drink autonomously when he breaks in anymore. As I am supposing that is what it is... a bug.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »

SimGuruNinja is a male and a developer. SimGuruDrake (who has left the building or shortly) is a female and was community manager and didn't develop the games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »

SimGuruNinja is a male and a developer. SimGuruDrake (who has left the building or shortly) is a female and was community manager and didn't develop the games.

No no no. I like this train of thought. It was all Drake. Not Ninja. Never Ninja.

lol, but you guys have the power to actually change the code, we like going directly to the Sim gods.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Well, now you have to solve the bug that is effecting our games... why does Vlad not drink autonomously when he breaks in anymore. As I am supposing that is what it is... a bug.

I just had Vlad break in and bite me on the neck on the Live build.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I was already so confused because I actually had Vlad break in and drink from my Sim this Saturday. :sweat_smile: I did notice, though, that when I have my Sim sleep over at others' apartments, I get a LOT more vampire break-ins! My Sim has been drank from by every vampire in town (and three times by Caleb!) and he doesn't have any Vampire Skill or whatever. This always happened when he spent the night at another Sim's apartment - chances of vamp break-ins happening would be around 75% at least, I'd say. Thought that was a bit odd, hehe.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2018
    I won't lie, I was absolutely fuming at first, but now I'm laughing my butt off.

I have to say I'm surprised too. Every poll I've ever seen has listed Vampires as the favorite game pack by a large margin, and an overall favorite pack usually has vampires way up there. I don't have access to your telemetery, but I would be interested in knowing how well the pack fares against the other packs.

I would love to imagine that the overwhelming success of a Vampire packs paves the way for other supernatural, and seeing as how Witches are the 2nd most popular life state behind Vampires, -fingers crossed-
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Thank you so much for the clarification. I'm rather glad it was a misunderstanding rather than an undocumented change. :D
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Thank you so much! Now time to research some vampire lore to see if that triggers a break-in for me. I have to admit, I am so relieved that's not been taken out.

/does a happy dance
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    If someone could reverse the alien abductions, that would be good also :D
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Um, well can you add an option to turn it off? I hate it.
    edited March 2018
    Before nerfing anything in the future, I hope you guys consider many who complain have script mods installed and if IIRC MCC has an option to randomize visting Sims, maybe a reason (or not) some have problems others in vanilla games didn't have with vampire break-ins being more often than the pack actually allows. Or it may change things or some other mod or cc, and I hope you guys consider many who play TS4 have modded it and see more problems than those of us who don't with DO and Vampires. (Point) they worked exactly as you said they would.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay whew for me too. I thought I had had one break in .. I don't know the last 2-3 weeks of playing. I'm glad it wasn't nerfed I'd already figured a way to deal with it in games I didn't want it in. I do think I'll look into using the cheat to get the garlic wreath into my game when I don't want to deal with it all.
    Can someone explain that cheat here please?
    egTcBMc.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Well that's good to hear, don't worry about it just a mistake though now it's super clear how much that feature is liked....like really. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    hahaha! You see, this is the kind of drama I want to see in the Sims! Crisis started, crisis averted! I know it was super stressful on you (and us), @SimGuruNinja, but I and others really, really appreciate you engaging and listening today. It was amazing. I'm going to go home and continue to hope for my vampire break-in on my sim. She's new, she's done vampire research, she's in bed by 9...and night after night, she's so disappointed (but it's now become part of her story). Maybe tonight will be her night! We love us some Vampire pack here.