Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Devs update old worlds?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    YES! Even if it weirds up my old saves!
    ysa88 wrote: »
    No, I'd rather the focus was on new content/worlds.

Totally understand, I just wish the original worlds were up to the standards of the new ones. The three base game worlds are especially shabby in comparison now. I mean, it was bad back when Windenburg came out with its infinitely nicer landscaping but now we have Districts...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I also hope they fix the map issues like the roads that just stop because they didn't thought you could see it when looking from that angle... but wrong, you can see most of the map errors, even in The Sims 4-camera mode. I think Oasis Springs has the most of these map errors
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Update how??

For example make strays spawn in other worlds that aren't brindleton bay or Selvadorada.

I'd be on "team no" for that one honestly :lol: I still dread getting rid of the current ones in bridleton bay whenever I do a new save. If it were optional sure. But a full change, count me out lol.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the festivals in other towns, perhaps different ones that give off the town's unique style and vibes.

So I'm pretty so-so on this.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I can save anything important to me on the gallery I'm all for updated worlds there just nothing to do in open spaces that is not beyond boring like collecting. Every world should be updated with all the new features I'm tired of these mini games expansions should expand everything not just the new world it comes with.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No I want them to focus on new stuff and the risks are high. Besides we don't know what will come in the future. That sounds like something to do near the end of the game run if at all. Provided it wouldn't mess up save games.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes, as long as it doesn't mess up my saves
    The update I can think of really wanting is swimmable bodies of water! It would also be sweet if they let us freely edit everything about our worlds! It would be awesome if an update could provide that without messing up my save. I've had the same save since September 2014 and plan on sticking it out to the end.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Nah, leave them the way they are.

Probably the reason these new worlds have issues is all that extra stuff they keep throwing in them. I see you San Myshuno apartment lag and Brindleton Bay terrain glitches. I see you.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I'd like them to reconfigure the worlds so that the sims could swim in the water areas. :D
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    yyesss. i dont care if it messes up my saves cuz i love starting over anyways
  • Options
    Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    I would like to see that happen, but I'm afraid that it would mess up my saved games...
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No, just give us new, more interesting ones.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I guess it really depends. Borking people’s saves would be a bad route to go down, unless they were making some fairly major additions to the worlds. I’d be fine keeping the existing neighborhoods in tact and adding new, larger neighborhoods to the worlds. Not sure if that would affect saves like modifying existing neighborhoods would - or even if that is possible within this game. We were told originally that they couldn’t tack on new locations in the worlds, which is why we got MP as a 4 lot world dressed to resemble a willow creek neighborhood.

I’m not one who really prefers they focus on *new* worlds. They focus on the wrong areas with them IMO, and they usually wind up being heavily decorated pockets with few lots and little gameplay. I’ve found SM to be the most unappealing world to play in, as there is more to look at than actually do. Brindleton Bay and Windenburg aren’t far behind, but they at least offered some breadth with those maps. However, even those larger maps have tons of dead space that could have adequately fit several lots. Instead it’s reserved for static decoration that your sim will never even interact with or be aware of (I am not suggesting they make sims aware of the world deco). They need to focus on making a world, not a collection of small subdivisions.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I think they should at least to an extent. I don't mean that they should redraw the maps or add new venues, but it would be nice if they added some of the new features to the other worlds. I was pretty disappointed after I got C&D only to discover that you only saw people walking their dogs through the common areas in Brindleton Bay. It always seemed a little odd that my sim was the only one out walking their dog in the older worlds.
  • Options
    DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i want more hidden worlds and definitely swimable oceans, lakes, ponds and rivers!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Update them how? I could use an update on MB where all that wasted land with only one chess table is in all that space is turned into a more active area...it's dead as night. Or all that wasted space in WB where we have all those rolling hills and no Sims out there...just fake houses on a long, abandoned road, it could be turned into something else. Or all that wasted space where those fountains etc. are in WB, where no other Sims are ever in the area....the spot that juts out into the water...wasted space and time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    No , I wouldn’t want to mess up my old saves. But I think it would be nice if they would give us some new worlds that change occasionally, like where to dig to find things. Not sure they can do that in a land we live in though.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    No spawning strays, please. Although I wouldn't mind other potential changes, but only as long as it is strictly to new saves and not apply to old ones. Cause that opens the door to all sorts of glitches/bugs.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited March 2018
    This isn't a very accurate poll if there are only two options and both are yes. You should have added a "I don't care" and a "No, leave my saves alone" option. I pick my No, leave my saves alone option.

Edit to add: In what ways do they need updating and who gets to decide which updates they install?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't know how to edit the poll questions. I told you there would have been other questions if I hadn't messed up
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Update how??

For example make strays spawn in other worlds that aren't brindleton bay or Selvadorada.

What happens in Brindleton Bay should stay in Brindleton Bay.
    Stray pets are sad to look at.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I seriously want an update to Magnolia Promenade. It would be great to access the hospital and police station from the map.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing them update Granite Falls -- that could possibly be done since it's not a residential world (maybe they could mention that they're working on it and recommend people bring their Sims home from there soon). Maybe some minor updates like spawning dig sites and such. But I can't see any major updates to the worlds; it's going to be tricky enough if they're working on Seasons getting that to work in all worlds without glitches.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing them update Granite Falls -- that could possibly be done since it's not a residential world (maybe they could mention that they're working on it and recommend people bring their Sims home from there soon). Maybe some minor updates like spawning dig sites and such. But I can't see any major updates to the worlds; it's going to be tricky enough if they're working on Seasons getting that to work in all worlds without glitches.

Seasons would be a great time to update all the worlds *hint hint*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They don't backup to "fix" worlds because they (and I ) don't think there are broken.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    What if they update some worlds that have beaches and make them swimmable? What if they even add empty lots to those worlds?
    I can imagine a game update that updates the worlds. Then when you launch the game and try to play an old save it asks if you'd like to back up your old lots and families and place them back where they were in the new updated world. It might be a bother for some, maybe most, but I think I'd rather play improved worlds than discarding them for so-so new ones.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti