Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Devs update old worlds?

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
The new worlds have so much more to explore. Should old worlds get a free update?

Also, I messed up this poll which is why there's no 'no' option but the other options were going to be "Don't care", "No" and "Definitely not; the risks are too high!"
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Should Devs update old worlds? 203 votes

YES! Even if it weirds up my old saves!
44%
PlayknazzerAzarinop2GRIMMYrudy8292lilacksbTynkOmri147Aesir26Writin_RegMeteoraStormCynnatypicalgemininatasha93JnyxBagoas77rosehrtgirlBlade334alanmichael1MINEZ 90 votes
Yes, as long as it doesn't mess up my saves
55%
BjDabomb24Akl500PCK213icmnfrshMandarine586alan650111aprilrosexbecky685xWedColorist40MjstsmPkeekee53tegteg87SerraNolwenMagdaleenadrake_mccartyluthienrisingApparentlyAwesomesimspeaker4sekojrana 113 votes

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Update how??
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    The risks are too high for me. I've been working on a template save since October, where I've bulldozed nearly everything and rebuilt it. I've also created hundreds of sims for it. I can imagine plenty of other simmers would be very upset also.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Update how??

For example make strays spawn in other worlds that aren't brindleton bay or Selvadorada.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Update how??

For example make strays spawn in other worlds that aren't brindleton bay or Selvadorada.
    That's how it works now? Another reason why updated worlds are needed.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nothing that affects my saves, thanks. I've played the same two saves since 2015. Not keen on rebuilding them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Only for making beaches, lakes and rivers swimable retroactively. I'm really that crazy about that feature.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes if for just adding neighborhood tags.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    Why is there no “no” option?

I would not want strays running around all my worlds, Bad enough B.B. is full of them.

It’s not I don’t care, it’s just I don’t think it’s possible anyway.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    No they should put the resources towards making new worlds.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would not want to mess up old saves. I'm also fine with focusing on new worlds. I actually kind of like that strays are only in certain worlds like BB and SVD. I definitely still have multiple houses in the older worlds and I do play with them regularly but I have sims travel between the worlds in various saves.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    No they shouldn’t waste time on updating old worlds just focus on giving us more content for new worlds.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It would most certainly destroy current saves, so no thanks.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not really, because I believe it would mess up old saves and I have some going back to when I started playing TS4. Especially regarding the strays, I think it is great they are not in every world. If I feel like it, I can play without seeing a pet all day in game. That does not work for any other life form in TS4. Also, pets really feel most appropriate in Brindelton Bay and in Selvadorada. Actually they feel particularly appropriate in Selvadorada, as a lot of people are used to seeing stray pets on their vacations IRL because they vacation in places that have pretty mild temperatures year-round.
    I am all for swimmable oceans in game (rivers and lakes not so much) but I have my doubts whether this could be implemented at all in the old worlds.
    I suppose I would feel differently if the changes only affected new saves, in that case the pros could outweigh the cons.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I was pretty sure that I've read somewhere that the strays issue is a bug, and they do appear for some players. They don't in my game so I use the mod for that: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603819 It works pefectly fine for me, so you could be interested @Gelysen :)

On the topic though, some improvements could be nice, but not if they ruin the old saves. As many Simmers, I still play my old saves quite often. Sometimes I even go back to them after long time, rather than creating a new one. I definitely don't want to lose them.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nope, I'd rather new worlds
    For those that might reply "Why can't we have both?", it's because we're not going to have both ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    For everyone than select option 2
    If you say because your families and theiir progrssion, for it you have the library and gallery
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They should also add features like pools, dishwashers and toddlers to the premade families. When TS4 released it wasn't a finished base game at all.
    a256aFi.gif
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    For everyone than select option 2
    If you say because your families and theiir progrssion, for it you have the library and gallery

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it won't save the relationships, at least not with Sims outside of the household. Believe it or not, but it could be important for some Simmers.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited March 2018
    I would really like the old worlds to be updated for more interactivity mainly for pets, in Brindleton Bay cats and dogs can go out in the world, dig up holes, explore bushes, chase birds, etc. but not in the other worlds (except for Windenburg, cats and dogs can explore the poohoo bushes in Windenburg) which is weird since the other worlds have decorative birds, but they're not interactive. I feel like a simple solution to make the other worlds more interactive for pets would be to make the wild harvestable explorable for pets, that way they wouldn't have to update each individual world, just make those wild bushes interactive, as well as the decorative birds. I feel like it would also be cool to make some of the decorative logs, rocks, and other objects in the environment to be interactive for cats as well. Perhaps even the boxes in San Myshuno, a cat or dog can dig through those boxes to find collectibles.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes but it all depends on how much it would mess my game...i need to know more! I imagine though that i would be pretty much ok with most additions...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If they could actually make things work properly (and I doubt it will work properly) by all means update the old worlds.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Oops I accidentally voted the wrong option. How are they going to update the old worlds though?
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Yes, I want swimable oceans and lakes at least in BB and GF.
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    No, I'd rather the focus was on new content/worlds.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88